Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:37 pm Post subject: Got Bugs? Reply with quote

There are several in CCM.
As we play this simulator more and more we'll certainly stumble accross more bugs... Some more tollerable than others.

One bug that glares and is quickly getting quite annoying is the "VL command report" bug.
When a team moves to a VL they repeat over and over and over again that they're about to take a VL. When they take the VL they won't shut up about it, repeating again and again and again "We've taken a victory location", calls going out over one another again and again and again, often turning into a jumbled mess of inaudible gargle of hundreds of messages.
I have a screenshot I'll post when I get home of the squad messages display in the lower right of the screen. Within the first 5 minutes of the game I had 200 messages, 180 of which were from a single squad moving in on, and occupying a VL.
I had to move them off the VL and into danger just to shut them up and to save Macs' (my teammate) and my own sanity!

Soooo. As annoying as this is there is a way to minimize this problem when we're making our battles in the editor.
Simply place your VL's (with the text on them indicating exactly where the VL's are) a close, but considerable distance away from the cover of the position to be held. So the VL will be in the area, but not directly where a squad will probably be in position defending the position. Otherwise the squad positioned directly on the VL will never shut up telling you that they've taken a victory location, or that they're about to take a victory location.
This is a simple remedy to a very loud and annoying bug.

Sure, they'll still repeat themselves 10 or 20 times while moving in on and securing the VL. That's unavoidable. But at least they'll shut up once they're off the VL and in position to defend it. 10 or 20 repeated command voice messages is FAR more tollerable than 200 or more.

Wruff

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

1 bug I noticed was with an OPFOR AT team. The soldier bar graphic shows it as a pak40 from cc5 when in fact the AT team uses rockets not an AT gun.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this to. The medals are all original CC5 style medals. They have the bluish gray background around them. On the blank background of CC:M soldier details it looks horrible.

Also noticed german voices in game.

Boar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha -- found a pathing bug. Who would've believed it? Moved a truck into a field to pick up troops. Trouble was it couldn't move out -- "the path is blocked" over and over. Honestly, though the game is cool in terms of multiplayer and maps, did they do anything else to stock CC5?

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:32 am Post subject: Here's one.... Reply with quote

The VL's are reversed in the results screen after the battle.
A game we had last night, 3v3. The results came up reversed.
OPFOR actually held the northern VLs' while the Marined the VL in the center, but it came up reversed. What the game said was a Marined victory was actually an OPFOR victory.
Something to keep in mind.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't fix the bug, but if the sound files for VL command reports are replaced with files that have a short bit of silence, at least the audio would not become annoying. The messages would still show up in the monitor until the team moved off the VL.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I did make a small mod to fix this. I just replaced the sound with a blank sound. Messages still come up, but its far less annoying.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

Jump to: