Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:07 am Post subject: Why is Bloody Omaha so left out? Reply with quote

Am I the only one who really enjoy playing this mod? Is there a reson why no one is playing it online?

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

lack of fire tracers?

Ceci tuera cela

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this really a bad thing? I've never played Close Combat online but if a squad fires at you they automatically become visible right?

Pzt_Megadeth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont know why Omaha is so unpopular, but these are my guesses:

Too realistic, the omaha beaches were a slaughter compared to Utah, guess thats why they made Utah the subject of CC5..... American forces get mauled through most of Omaha on the beaches, but its a wonderful mod with great maps and beautiful equipment. Out of all the beach landings on D-Day, the Omaha beaches were the best defensive terrain (cliffs, open fields of fire from height advantage) and were manned by the worst german troops.

Lack of tracers are realistic, but people have grown used to the cruch and dont know how to employ scouts properly to counter ambush fire. I also believe that the host is the one with no tracers, and that possibly the other guy doesnt have the same benefit. I may be mistaken on that though.

German anti-tank is realistic, so american armor gets cooked most of the time. Add to this the fact that several german units have integral panzerfaust and panzershreck, and people have to use tactics instead of firepower to take objectives.

I personally love the mod, I think its one of the better done mods out there.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough I've never played BO, but now i'm certainly going to give it a shot!

Hedges13

Rep: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bloody Omaha is a great mod and i used to play it a lot... about a year ago. but nobody plays it at all... and without opponents i gotta play somethin else cause i cant stand to play the comp... it makes me want to vomitt! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MSN Messenger

I_AM_LONO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:08 am Post subject: Omaha Reply with quote

give me a message or e-mail me if you want to play
i used to play that mod all the time but never online for lack of opponents

(AKA) Pzt_Totenkopf proud member of the Panzertruppen CC Gruppe!

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

guess it could be ok to play without tracers if there was muzzle flashes visible for both sides. right now only host has muzzle flashes, which means the client will see neither muzzle flash nor tracer. just the sound. would be impossible to play.

Ceci tuera cela

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedges13 wrote:
I think Bloody Omaha is a great mod and i used to play it a lot... about a year ago. but nobody plays it at all... and without opponents i gotta play somethin else cause i cant stand to play the comp... it makes me want to vomitt! Smile

Come on, it's not that bad... Just play it with the Vetmod.

By the way is Close Combat playable on a 56k?

4Reich

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In my point of view Bloody Omaha main problem is that germans got no real chance to win inlandfight. Its easy for Germans to hold the beach at the beginning but once the american advance inland german troops got no AT to defeat US tanks and the game is very unbalanced then.
As I know almost all Panzerunits fought on GJS beaches so there where only very few German tanks at omaha beach sector. But german infaterie got Panzerfäuste and panzerschreck against US and thats something I miss bad in BOH otherwise game would be great.
30-60 Panzerfaust for most infanterie, some more panzerschreck and Paks and I would be glad Wink

Pzt_Megadeth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to play Bloody Omaha, or the wonderful Meuse mod, or Okinawa. I am sick of the Stalingrad and GJS mods because of the disabled defensive AI. Both those mods have removed the normal Ai that makes units fire at targets inside their arc of fire when placed in Defensive mode. This means that squads can run right past defensive points if you dont give fire order. Its silly and make-work gaming, especially because I have the hyper fast scrolling problem that nothing I do seems to fix. The most annoying feature of Stalingrad is having to give the same fire order again and again, units will simply stop shooting after a few seconds, its pretty retarded.

I hear you about the lack of tanks in Omaha, but that is the historical situation. The defensive fortifications on the beach should give you plenty of time to delay the landing forces, but any realistic depiction of the Omaha beach battle will give the allies overwhelming material advantage. Its not impossible to delay the beach landing schedule considerably, and I enjoy the inland battles, especially due to the lack of equipment that you suffer under at that point.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Megadeth wrote:
Its silly and make-work gaming, especially because I have the hyper fast scrolling problem that nothing I do seems to fix.

I don't have any ''tried and true''' solutions but did you try disabling DirectDraw acceleration?

Pzt_Megadeth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that doesnt work either. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Megadeth wrote:
yes, that doesnt work either. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Do the units move at normal speed?

I doubt it will change anything but have you tried lowering your monitor refresh rate?

Elbuitre9

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

agree with hedges13

BO is still a great Mod - but now it's Stalingrad's time Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

sea sex and fun is over....

now snow ruins and fog Laughing

ELBUITRE9

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For scrolling the screen try using the arrow keys....

For Bloody Omaha I was working on some changes earlier in the year but never completed everything I wanted to. Here is what I did though....

CHANGES/FIXES From Bloody Omaha Data Files v1.2 - in Jan./Feb./Mar. 2005:
1) Changed D3 map VL's; "none" to "Maison" and "to St-Laurent-s-Mer" to "route secondaire: for the dirt road west (D3.btd)
2) Changed Exit1 map; rotated all VL's 1 spot clock wise to line up better with the strat map (Exit.btd)
3) Changed US Soldier in the 4.2CM mortar team from weapon 43 "Walther P38" to 6 "M1 Carbine" (Soldier.adb)
4) Fixed Stlaurnt map as 2 VL's showed on the mini map that were not supposed to be there (Stlaurnt.btd)
5) Fixed German Opel 3.7cm FlaK by adding a new wreck to use instead of the US M3 wreck (Vehicles.adb and Wrecks.azp)

If you have the mod installed using the plugin manager;
- uninstall the mod
- unzip these files into \CC5 Configuation Manager\System\Packages\BloodyOmahaV12\
- install the mod

If you are not sure what you're doing wait till a complete new version is available (hopefully this winter I will get some time).

BOv13 Beta.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BOv13 Beta.zip
 Filesize:  69.91 KB
 Downloaded:  279 Time(s)

Last edited by Tejszd on Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:
For Bloody Omaha I was working on some changes earlier in the year but never completed everything I wanted to. Here is what I did though....

Would you mind posting a list of all the changes/fixes you wanted to do?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: