Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt Hornet

Rep: 18.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:10 am Post subject: New CC5 Mod Operation Barbarossa Reply with quote

This is the first of a series of mods that will cover 1941 thru 1945 on the eastern front.The idea came from and is based on the Volkov Elite mod made by Doromas.This is not a remake of his mod but it will have some similarities with it.The time frame will cover from late summer to the end of Barbarossa in Oct.A second mod covering Operation Typhoon will follow this one.

Since this will cover still such a large area and time frame I had to narrow down not only the time frame but the area in which the mod will cover.It will be confined to area concerning operations of Army group Center.I will be trying to make it as accrurate as possible but unfortunaly some liberty's will have to be taken.The maps will be designed to represent the general terrain as opposed to historiclly accurate areas.The units how ever will be historiclly correct.Each BG in the game will represent an actual division present during the time period and area for both sides.

Right now I am still working on the data files but from time to time I have been taking some breaks from that and doing some graphics and will begin getting them together here in the next few weeks and begin to upload them in the combat camera area.I will also be listing the German and Russian divisions and equipment very soon.

I would also like to say that I will be using some graphics from other mods particularly game graphics such as vehicles,guns and wrecks.I am using Paint Shop Pro 8.0 and unfortunaly it seems it doesn't want to save the tga files correctly so I must rely on the work of others for these.Anyones work I use will recieve full credit not only here but in the readme as well.

Well thats all for right now I will updating her on a regular basis and I hope to have a time frame for the mod soon.

HistoryTeaches

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome Very Happy

now only Armeegruppe Nord (Armygroup North) and Armeegruppe Süd (Armygroup South) has to be covered Razz

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:30 am Post subject: sounds great! Reply with quote

more and more eastern front mods the better!

really hanging for a 43/44 kursk aka cc3 style, loved that shit.

pass the vodka comrad!

espree de corp

Antifa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusing on an army group at a time is a good idea. You might want to check out this site:

http://english.pobediteli.ru/

Just an a aside questions about the east front and Soviet Armor. I though the Germans encounter the first T-41 in October 41 is that true? I am also under the impression that Army Group north faced the most KV I's is that true. Just wondering. It just always seem odd that most of the East Front mods have the Germans facing the T41 on day one.

HistoryTeaches

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realised that the early days of Barbarossa of the Armygroup Center are left out
they need to be covered,too Embarassed

Pzt Hornet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from what I have found it was the 18th Panzer that first encountered the T-34 in late June and it was shortly after that Nehring(Commander of the 18th) was able to show Guderian two that had been trapped in a bog.

As far as the KV-1 it was a mere three days into the invasion that Army Group north encountered them for the first time.I don't have time this morning but I will post some of a report from Panzergruppe IV about an encounter with two KV-I's that took place on August 13th later this afternoon.

So both tanks were encountered early on in the campaign but never in suffecient numbers or in any type of coordinated effort.Guderian reported that most :

Quote:
were insufffficiently trained and lacked the intelligence and initiative,they made poor use of terrian and held too many firing halts.Often when a leader was killed,the rest of the tanks milled aimlessly around the battlefield,becoming easy prey for the agile panzers.Lack of radio was a huge hinderance and commanders had to rely on flags and hand signals to communicate.Russian commanders became over reliant on pre-rehersed drills and when things did not go as planned were unable to adapt to the situation as German commanders did.

Well I gotta go but I will post more later.Keep checking back and I will keep everyone updated as well as share some of the things I have found while doing research.One thing I will be doing from time to time is asking for our opinions on several things as this mod will be designed with even game play in mind.After all even though I am making it,it is still everyones mod and want as much input from everyone as possible.

Grillmaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Army Group South encountered the most modern soviet tanks in larger numbers, since the soviets concentrated most of their armoured formations in the south (Ukraine). If you want more info on the Red Army before and early in the war, read "Stumbling Colossus - the red army on the eve of WW2" that is one good book on the subject with lots of research effort gone into it.

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Like how you moved the buttons.

-Nembo

robg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: New CC5 Mod Operation Barbarossa Reply with quote

Hi Pz Hornet,

Can't wait to see the your mod running.
Do you have any idea for the sequence of Barbarosa?
There were so many epic battles on the eastern front.... Smile

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

imho idea is bad Sad. CC series is not suited for that and CC5 in particular.

u'll find out why v soon yerself Wink .

i belive u'd better concentrate on 1 battle.
For example on: Greatest Tank Battle of WW2(23.06.41-01.07.41)
5 Russian Mech Corpses+8 Tk Div vs 5 German PzDivisions in Brody-Rovno-Lutsk area(western Ukraine).

Pzt Hornet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:

5 Russian Mech Corpses+8 Tk Div vs 5 German PzDivisions in Brody-Rovno-Lutsk area(western Ukraine).

To be honest I looked at making a mod that was based on an eastern front battle in the early stages of the war.Particularly the battle concerning the Smolensk pocket.But after doing much research I discovered one glaring fact.The battles that took place on the eastern front are really not suited for CC5 period.Even if you where to make every map 3600 x 3600 you still could not convey the combat properly due to the restrictions of the game itself.

So instead of worrying my self to death about every little detail I decided why not just make it fun.I did my first run tonite with the new russian units(it still doesn't look good as the vehicle graphics have not been done yet)but even though my BT-5 looked like an M10 I still had a blast.And I think thats the whole point is to have fun.

And if the whole thing flops oh well I had fun trying.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway good luck! Very Happy

jagd_jar1

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Don't worry- it won't!

I am very excited about this!
Eastern Front CC5 is a great thing!

Arg0n

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I like eastern front (Normandy is overused), but the main problem of the game is it's restrictions. If only we could combine the best from every CC (from the 3rd the refit, rest, retire... from the 5th the strat map..) it would be great. But enough talk. GOOD LUCK!
Arg0n.

jpinard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt Hornet wrote:
Dima wrote:

To be honest I looked at making a mod that was based on an eastern front battle in the early stages of the war.Particularly the battle concerning the Smolensk pocket.But after doing much research I discovered one glaring fact.The battles that took place on the eastern front are really not suited for CC5 period.Even if you where to make every map 3600 x 3600 you still could not convey the combat properly due to the restrictions of the game itself.

So instead of worrying my self to death about every little detail I decided why not just make it fun.I did my first run tonite with the new russian units(it still doesn't look good as the vehicle graphics have not been done yet)but even though my BT-5 looked like an M10 I still had a blast.And I think thats the whole point is to have fun.

This sounds perfect! Don't let Dima dissuade you. It sounds like you have the right idea, and with excellent unit graphics and sound for Russian units... we'll be thrilled!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: