Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1248
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:20 pm Post subject: Team Grand Campaign for everyone ................... Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I am hoping that the nice fellas at CCS will someday be able to support this but just wanted to run it by people and see if it was worth looking into.

I was thinking about taking a page from what we did at the AA_Clan for a Grand Campaign for everyone to play.
The idea would be to have two sets of teams, let’s just say side A and side B for now.
The goal is to complete a grand campaign for every mod out there and for all versions of CC. 1-5 if everybody wants.

This is how it would work……..

Every member would need to have MSN instant messenger to find other players
We would choose a mod to start with and just for the sake of argument let’s go with GJS
Teams could put as much or little emphasis on their grand campaign. I don’t want this to be a complicated issue so let’s hope most teams will keep it simple.
I or whoever would start the game and play the battle, after that’s done they could either play more battles or just zip the file and leave it at a forum (hopefully CCS)
After the file has been posted the next player would leave a post in that same thread saying that the file was out. (This keeps the file from being played simultaneously by other members)
He would then play the next or next several battles and again leave the file posted in the forums saying either latest file or we could number them.
Another thing I hope will to get worked out would be password protected forums for each side; this would enable teams to leave battle reports and ideas on strat moves with their team mates.
We would then continue this process for the remainder of the GC. And once that’s done if all were interested we would move on to another mod and/or another version of CC.

What’s the point of all this you say? The whole point is to make it easier for people such as myself who like to play GC’s but don’t always have the time to sit down and play.
It gives you a sense of competiveness with other players who you might not get to normally play as you can grab the file and play when you want (assuming the file isn’t out already) and having a long term goal.(winning the GC) and the overall goal is to see completed GC’s for every mod and version of CC. And one doesn’t have to sit around all day to wait and play unless he chooses to.

Nothing is concrete and anything can be changed it’s just an idea for people to find opponents to play online.

Well what do you think? Anyone interested? If so please sign up here.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

46 views and not 1 sign up ? Crying or Very sad

Like a ghost town in here. Shocked

I gotta admit this is alot of fun. It would be sweet to see 20-30 people on each team.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:08 am Post subject: bad timing Reply with quote

i guess,with CCMarines coming out at the moment.
i have stayed away from most of these team type events since the Blitz competition.
dont throw the idea away yet might simply be a matter of waiting for the right time.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

aikmen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude i dunno about it working, but I will put my name on it to get it on the Go.

If your team A

I will be TEAM B

TEAM B FOREVER

Aikmen!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:03 am Post subject: Update: Reply with quote

Team GC teams:
Senior drill………senoir_drill3@hotmail.com
Fire fox………….suarezdog@hotmail.com
Jagd_Jar
Platoon Michael…….platoon_michael@hotmail.com GMT -06:00 Central Time USA.
CSO Sbufkle……..cso_sbufkle@hotmail.com
AA Thomas Ross
Prass
Aikmen
Anzac Tack….anzac_tack@hotmail.com
Schrecken
MF_Church

So far these are the ones involved. As you can see I need MSN address for a few of you and you need to add the ones you don’t have already to MSN to be able to find opponents when the games start. I also need time zones. I would like to know should we vote on a version/mod to start or would you rather me just pick one? If I had to pick one myself I would probably choose GJS for CCV as I think most everyone would have that.
If I missed anyone or added you by mistake please tell me. Might also be helpful to know how you rank your self so I can keep teams fair.

aikmen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

angroveconstruction [at] hotmail [dot] com
Eastern Standard.

See you on the front!

Aikmen.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: