Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:45 am Post subject: Single barrel supply depot. Worthless in Stalingrad mod? Reply with quote

Why doesn't the single barrel supply depot give any supply to friendly unit when the map is uncontested? Normally there is some supply value to these single barrel supply depots when the map is uncontested but in stalingrad that's not the case. They're absolutely worthless.

This unit has been at Chuikovs HQ for 3 rounds sitting on a small supply depot completely uncontested and is still without ammo or fuel.

cronus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the reason is all the adjacent areas are German territory.(As far as I can see)

caribacey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
It is probable that a supply dump has to be on the edge of the strategic map. Pity.

SA_Acey

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yes wruff,

u should read Stal forum more carefully;).

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: Single barrel supply depot. Worthless in Stalingrad mod? Reply with quote

Pzt_Wruff wrote:
Why doesn't the single barrel supply depot give any supply to friendly unit when the map is uncontested? Normally there is some supply value to these single barrel supply depots when the map is uncontested but in stalingrad that's not the case. They're absolutely worthless.

This unit has been at Chuikovs HQ for 3 rounds sitting on a small supply depot completely uncontested and is still without ammo or fuel.

Maybe i made mistake but if i'm right, in the regular the little barrel dont add to the opponenent something. In fact only the 3 barrel opponent depot can give supply to you. But warning, dont forget that it allow you only fuel and nothings about ammo.
i will read again the manuel which is at friend home, but normally the little depot give only fuel to owner troops when the big depot give ammo and fuel.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappi,

u r not rite.
In stock CC5 single barrel gives supply to yer BGs.
Disbanded BGs don't respawn on them.

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A Battle Group that is out of supply and is low on fuel can capture fuel from enemy major supply dumps. (* they said nothing about amo in this major supply dumbs or about grabing this fuel from the minor supply dumbs) To use enemy fuel, the Battle Group must occupy the dump; once they leaves the dump, the fuel supply starts to diminish as normal. Enemy major supply dumps only provide fuel on site; no supply line is created. Unfortunately, enemy supply umps do not provide ammunition.
In addition to loss of supplies, units that are out of supply have a more difficult time repairing damaged tanks. A Battle Group whose ammunition supply has reached “low” only has a 75% chance for damaged tanks to be replaced to the force pool. A Battle Group whose supply level has reached “none” is unable to repair tanks at all until it gets re-supplied.

Fuel Levels
(about this level, the level of supply when you are out of supply will go down 1 level per battle)
Supply State Effect
High ............................Normal
Normal ........................Normal
Low ............................30% Chance for vehicle immobility
None ..........................60% Chance for vehicle immobility

Ammunition Levels

Supply State Effect
High ............................100% Optimum
Normal ........................80% Optimum
Low ............................60% Optimum
None ..........................30% Optimum

Now i know by played a lot of regular GC, than the little barrel depot will not give any supply to opponent when it control it. Cos this little supply give to your owner troops only Fuel. But maybe i'm wrong.
The big three barrels depot will give fueland ammo supply to your owner troops and only fuel to opponent troops who are on it

Last edited by ZAPPI4 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
Zappi,

u r not rite.
In stock CC5 single barrel gives supply to yer BGs.
Disbanded BGs don't respawn on them.

Like i said owner littlel barrel depot give you supply yes, but only fuel and never amo

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

about the disbanded Bg respaw, they respaw only into the most poximity owner Big depot which get the road free from the map where they was disbanded and the big depot and if all the road are occupied by opponent or contested between the map where they was disbanded and any depot, the Bg will be totally disbanding and qill lost 60 % of their units. Those 40%surviving units will respaw randomly to any most proximity friend Bg .

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never known, in 5 years, the real story on supply. It seems to get modified from mod to or mod I think. Theone thing I did learn in the Pzt vs Mercs is to not trust single barrel supply depots, only the 3's.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

All interesting facts, but we've strayed off topic:

We (the Russians) are sitting on a single barrel which is OURS, not an enemy one. We've been there for 4 turns now with no fuel or ammo given to us. Something aint adding up here...

I agree with MOOXE, I've been playing the game for years and it seems that supply is different for each mod, but then I could be wrong.

Thanks for the help guys.

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah just what i said was only for the Regular ...

About Stalingrad , like for mod, this things seems to be modified, one more things, u will see what 's happening when u will receve your first battle here... As the opponent depot that you own deliver only fuel, maybe your level of fuel supply will move up when u will fighting on it, as this level only move down after every battle fought when you are cut off, maybe it s the same to move up Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

imho it depends on stratmap but not sure.

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about that, the strat map will only reflect the conected way about all map between them.

About the Mod for exemple btw GJS and Reg, in the reg you must control the road between your depot and the map in need. No matter if they are many map contested between them as long as you control all the road VL . For me it's more realistic than in GJs where if your map is contested all the supply are stopped on it and cannot deserve anymore map. But for me that's changes is coming from the maybe " strat map" except that all depot always work like i said, and that in any mod so far ( except the Stalingrad not tested enought)

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappi. This is a russian BG on a russian supply dump (single barrel). Normally these single barrel supply dumps provide supply to bg when the map is uncontested.

Dima. I don't read every thread every day.
Is there a reason for these single barrel supply depots being of no use, or is this something that will be fixed in an update?

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Wruff wrote:
Dima. I don't read every thread every day.
Is there a reason for these single barrel supply depots being of no use, or is this something that will be fixed in an update?

we hope so,Wruff...

caribacey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The supply barrels are all on the edge of the stratmaps of the stock games, I believe. As such, they seem to function as a supply route end point, rather then a supply dump. I would think that a supply dump would not rely on map connection points, as it is a static supply dump, with supplies stockpiled for use.

SA_Acey

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: