Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:32 am Post subject: Maps Reply with quote

I was looking at the screenshots and noticed the maps seeming a bit bare. Are the ones uploaded like Nijmegen bridge 'in the process' or finished?

Troger

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:32 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

Troger wrote:
I was looking at the screenshots and noticed the maps seeming a bit bare. Are the ones uploaded like Nijmegen bridge 'in the process' or finished?

Troger

Yes most of the maps you see there are maps in progress wich results in open area's....

Hope you like them?

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

Troger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Love them. I was just wondering because some maps had some bare parts like in the Nijmegen bridge map. Where, to the south-west of the K.Lodewijk-Plein its a bit bare. So far they look great and true to form!

Troger

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Troger wrote:
Love them. I was just wondering because some maps had some bare parts like in the Nijmegen bridge map. Where, to the south-west of the K.Lodewijk-Plein its a bit bare. So far they look great and true to form!

Troger

Hey roger,

I made the maps using aireals and maps. i try to make them as historical accurate as possible. but i cant get it 100% or on the right scale. im still looking for a solution to get tanks to manouvre from the south to the north river bank on the arnhem map. as the bridge with its exits is far to long to fit in on the map so maybe i'll make the south side short and fit it in to the map to make manouvreability possible....altough it cuts back realism. it will enhance playabillity. the same goes for the north side of nijmegen map

cheers buck

Troger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote:
I made the maps using aireals and maps. i try to make them as historical accurate as possible. but i cant get it 100% or on the right scale. im still looking for a solution to get tanks to manouvre from the south to the north river bank on the arnhem map. as the bridge with its exits is far to long to fit in on the map so maybe i'll make the south side short and fit it in to the map to make manouvreability possible....altough it cuts back realism. it will enhance playabillity. the same goes for the north side of nijmegen map

cheers buck

Hi Buck,

I see your situation and feel enhancing the playability would be best. Realism and games always cant go hand in hand. Maybe shortening the river widths on the Nijmegen and Arnhem bridge maps and adding some sort of material to the north side of Nijmegen and south side of Arnhem bridge. Material being houses and such, for the German player to have something to fall back on.

Then again you don’t want to get stuck in (as the Allied player) having to run across the bridge under fire to get the last vl. What could be done is eliminating the north Nijmegen side and south Arnhem side. Extending it further south on the Nijmegen map and further north on the Arnhem map. In the process only showing half the bridge and showing a "to (wherever)" vl on the middle part of the bridge.

This would be realistic as you are only showing the places where the battle was truly fought. As you see on the SS Capt. Euling's sketch map, he escaped Nijmegen to the east not even using the bridge. British soldiers in Arnhem defended mainly from being attacked on their side of the bridge (North side). German attempts to cross the Arnhem bridge from the south were disaster’s.

Now this might seem like a drastic idea but I would rather enjoy battling it out in the thickness of the Dutch cities. Smile

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Troger,

Sounds like good ideas....

Buck_Compton,

For CC5 maps you can go to 3600x3600 which is pretty large especially if you compress the more repetitive open areas (ex. fields and river). I try to lean to the historical side of things but if it makes it no fun to play then something has to give....

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Troger wrote:
Buck_Compton wrote:

cheers buck

Hi Buck,

I see your situation and feel enhancing the playability would be best. Realism and games always cant go hand in hand. Maybe shortening the river widths on the Nijmegen and Arnhem bridge maps and adding some sort of material to the north side of Nijmegen and south side of Arnhem bridge. Material being houses and such, for the German player to have something to fall back on.

Then again you don’t want to get stuck in (as the Allied player) having to run across the bridge under fire to get the last vl. What could be done is eliminating the north Nijmegen side and south Arnhem side. Extending it further south on the Nijmegen map and further north on the Arnhem map. In the process only showing half the bridge and showing a "to (wherever)" vl on the middle part of the bridge.

This would be realistic as you are only showing the places where the battle was truly fought. As you see on the SS Capt. Euling's sketch map, he escaped Nijmegen to the east not even using the bridge. British soldiers in Arnhem defended mainly from being attacked on their side of the bridge (North side). German attempts to cross the Arnhem bridge from the south were disaster’s.

Now this might seem like a drastic idea but I would rather enjoy battling it out in the thickness of the Dutch cities. Smile

Hey roger,

Your idea is very good Wink i also tought that over. but i have other intentions than the one you have Wink i want to put the player to be able to cross the bridge. move to the other side. or to be forced to stay with in the build up area. forcing the other player to take the lead. well anyway. the maps are far from done still looking for some good interiors. and i think these maps can reach realism very close as the germans are forced to attack over the open area. giving the para's the advantage to defend an repel all attacks. but it is also very much possible that you attack from other sides on the map Wink there are also 2 river crossing maps wich force you to attack across a river to the axis or allied troops on the other side. wich will force you to use heavy equipment.

@ Tejszd:

the sizes are 3840x3840 wich i know of are maximum. Wink

Cheers Buck

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roger,

i fooled around with the map for a bit. wich got me the following result. concerning the arnhem map: i made an extra dike on the south enableing troops to walk up the bridge in the south side. concerning the german cover part. the germans can hide behind the dike just south of the river. here you can easaly put yer guns tanks and mortars.

Concerning the nijmegen map. you have cover on both sides. and you can besiege the other side easaly. giving you the opportunity to cross the bridge and attack the defending pary. i only will ad some roads providing the player in the north can drive his vehicles up the bridge. hope you will like this better. it is a bit of reality but it works i hope.

CHeers buck

Troger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Buck, sorry for the late reply I thought I had posted but I guess it didn't go through? Confused Your new changes sound great, would love to see some pics. Realism isn't a big thing to me, major details are important but playability is a must.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> CC5 Op Market Garden

Jump to: