Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CALZY32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:59 pm Post subject: unzipping files Reply with quote

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help in the downloading of new maps. I have played cc for years but I am new to the online gaming and have no idea of how to play online or how to unzip new maps. Wondering if anyone out there can help with a step by step guide. Thank-you would appreciate it!

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

to play it online, just download www.gamespyarcade.com and that will set you up with other players. dont know about the maps tho, as im a cc5 player, but i think you just need to unzip the maps into the map directory of your cc3 install. try it

Ceci tuera cela

CALZY32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:54 am Post subject: Finally played Reply with quote

Finally gat to play a game thanks to "us brake". Took me through the whole process and then played me a couple of times. Thanks to him again.
As for the downloading I can get it downlaoded or into a zip file but cannot/ or don't know how to get it into the actual game.Thanks anyway. Anymore info would be appreciated.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Salute CALZY32!

Welcome to the CC3 online community we are glad to have you join us.

Once you unzip a downloaded map you copy the files and paste them in the folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Close Combat III\Maps.

You can add around 600 custom maps to your folder before it is full.

Both players must have custom maps installed in order to battle on that map.
Once custom maps are installed you may create scenario(s) on it as you would with any of the stock maps.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CALZY32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:40 pm Post subject: MAP DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Heh, glad to finally be a part of the cc3 community and thanks again to you Us_Brake for helping me out. Haven'e had a chance yet to try out your suggestion but will give it a shot. I think my real problem here is I am not sure how or where to unzip files. I have a tried a couple of times and seem to be doing something wrong. Anyway I will give your suggestion a shot but could be back looking for some answers.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I do it is create a new folder for cc3 downloads seperate from the game. There I store my downloaded zip files and other spare cc3 files.

I have Winzip. http://www.winzip.com

I right click on a zip file and extract it to the same folder I have the zip file stored in. Each Close Combat map is made up up usually of 6 seperate files. When unzipped the files will be contained in a folder. Open the folder then copy and paste the unzipped map files to:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Close Combat III\Maps

Here is an example of the file names of unzipped maps: Aachen, Aachen.los, Aachen.mmm, Aachen.ovm, Aachen.rfm, Aachen Read Me.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: