Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Kutsteel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:19 pm Post subject: Politics Reply with quote

aint they grand I was just curious as to how the foreigners view our system of politicing? do we go overboard?are we tame? you know . Or are we just plain NUTS (coocoo,coocoo!!)
also as I hear it many foreigners (non US) believe we should elect ? the person currently not president, because ____________ is bad for us. is this true?or more of the great American Media spin? any answer would be welcome even Crass answers.
Thanks

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Bush's plan of taking the war to the terrorists instead of waiting at home for them. It does have it drawbacks, it seems people opinions of Americans abroad have dropped.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

terrorism is not defined as a nation generally, so its kinda hard to take the war somewhere like a cave in Afghanistan without blowing thousands of people to pieces who have nothing in common with these "terrorists" apart from language and race.

i find this idea stupid really

Ceci tuera cela

RD_Roach

Rep: 1.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very true RS..but at the same time...you just cant sit back and do nothing! Caves arent the only place you find them..thier in towns/citys as well. but they blend right in with the population...very tough situation.

Id like to ask this....what is a Insurgent...i mean from where?

Iranian/Syrian/Saudi
or All of thee above??

Just curious as you never here them say where they are from.

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

cipressina0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrorism has been there for a long time. It is so big now because nobody has done anything about it in the past, US and USSR have been exploting it for their own reasons and is backfireing now.
It is good to see Bush take action even if he makes some mistake it's a start.

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

rooting out terrorism with full scale warfare is like doing brain surgery with a 357. ur not creating less suicide bombers when you bomb ppls houses away, creating more poverty and misery.

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AA_Brian_ wrote:

Iranian/Syrian/Saudi
or All of thee above??

Just curious as you never here them say where they are from.

they cant possibly know where all these insurgents are from, but its a fair estimation they originate in the above mentioned countries and some others too.

Ceci tuera cela

poli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

RedScorpion wrote:
terrorism is not defined as a nation generally, so its kinda hard to take the war somewhere like a cave in Afghanistan without blowing thousands of people to pieces who have nothing in common with these "terrorists" apart from language and race.

i find this idea stupid really

I would disagree with language and race- and insert Religion instead..

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing it to the Terrorist is great, especially when you can actually find them. But attacking Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism, no matter how Bush tries to spin it.

Terrorism is a tool that America helped fund and create, and now it's come back to haunt us. Not that it's all our fault, but the ties are there, and the American people have now paid the price. I just want to know why we haven't pumped 150,00 troops into Afghanistan to get that Evil or Very Mad Bin Laden. Could someone explain that to me?

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The war in Iraq is f'd up.
US should have attacked Iran or Syria before ever going after Saddam.
Those are terrorist nations.
N. Korea is also far more dangerous than Saddam, to name a few.
I'm just saying if you're going to attack someone, then why the hell waste time and lives in Iraq?
Saddam was contained. He had nil to do with 9/11. Now we hear how "the people of Iraq are being liberated". No offense, but who gives a fuck? That's a lame-ass excuse for occupying Iraq. I thought this war was supposed to destroy terrorism, not free oppressed peoples. That's a backtracking excuse and justification for a campaign that should have never happened. It's a nice side effect of US actions in Iraq. Good for the Iraqis.
You don't hear it on the news, but the Iraqis' are quite happy that the US got rid of Saddam. Now Saddam is gone and the bad guys in Iraq are being hunted. Big fkn deal. Now the US is bogged down fighting Iraqi militia. There's far greater targets of opportunity than Al Zarakowi or whatever the hell his stupid name is. US soldiers are dying in Iraq for this B.S. when they should be being used to fight the real war on terrorism. Operation "Iraqi Freedom" is completly FUBAR!

What the hell does Iraqi freedom have to do with 9/11 and a war on terror?

Still. Now is not the time for change just for the sake of change. Bush does indeed need to get his shit together though and get this thing headed in the right direction. Don't forget that George Bush was welcomed into office with 9/11. One hell of a welcome for a new administration. This kind of "terror war" is new to everyone. Mistakes have been made and some tough lessons learned. Some progress has been made too.
I don't agree with all that is Bush, but Kerry is NOT the answer. No way.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Troger on Wed May 23, 2007 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kutsteel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:04 am Post subject: keep it up guys Reply with quote

interesting posts especially Wruff's and Trogers. (no offense to anyone else)
Gentleman it is easy to quarterback from the stands, but lets point out a couple things that have occurred since (Mission Accomplished)
Libya has delivered to the United States (not UN) its centrifuges and other equipment necessary to continue Nuclear weapons programs and allowed ALL Nations access to its facilities to inspect them.
Iran has come under World scrutiny about it's programs, and tho bellicose towards the US (like thats new from them) is indicating compliance and willingness to work with the International community on Nuclear proliferation issues.
North Korea! ahh hell thats OLD news gentleman it is NOT President Bush's fault. this has been ongoing for decades and even the last President failed in his efforts to disarm them.
In Iraq, American AND British AND Italian AND Polish AND Spanish soldiers have died or are dieing for Iraquis who have been kept in check by brutality of the former regime. there ARE Iraquis, Brave Iraquis, who are beginning to stand up and say "enough! begone foreign fighters". The continued campaign to slow down the flood of men applying for Militia or police Jobs is evidence that the 'terrorists' know what will happen When (not if) the Iraquis become united in their new found freedom.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:48 am Post subject: politics Reply with quote

well we have just had our elections in australia and our pm survived for another term.
so i think bushy may survive another term as well.
not that the aussies give a fark who the american peoples elect as it is there choice.
we are sick of seeing there debates on tv.

Pay attention,watch your back
Pay your dues,and stay on track!

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Wruff wrote:
The war in Iraq is f'd up.
US should have attacked Iran or Syria before ever going after Saddam.
Those are terrorist nations.

Shocked do you think these "terrorist nations" would be populated by less terrorist if the US entered? did US create more friends in the middle east by "liberating" Iraq? as i said before, i think full scale warfare to root out terrorism is like brain surgery with a 357. iraq is a good example. there must be other, better ways.

Pzt_Wruff wrote:
Saddam was contained. He had nil to do with 9/11. Now we hear how "the people of Iraq are being liberated". No offense, but who gives a fuck? That's a lame-ass excuse for occupying Iraq. I thought this war was supposed to destroy terrorism, not free oppressed peoples. .

agenda changed when no WMD were found. surprised? without any kind of justification of a war, the aggressor is smoked in a democracy where ppl who pay the hilarious costs can cast a ballot

Pzt_Wruff wrote:
You don't hear it on the news, but the Iraqis' are quite happy that the US got rid of Saddam..

i think its a bunch of mixed emotions really. ur country suffers from a rather brutal regime for 30 years, but still there is some stability in the dictatorship. then you get "liberated" without asking for it by a nation seen in the middle east with rather suspicious eyes, and you get rid of the dictatorshit but its replaced by a puppet regime made up of exiles who go on tv praising the liberation when your country is in disarray and you might have lost a friend or a family member in a rain of bombs...

i pity the lives lost in this tragic conflict, both sides. brave men died as usual at the hands of goverments. its always the small man paying the price for the missions of "great men." anyway i totally respect the right of the US to fighting back what happened at 9/11 - UN can fuck itself or any other international org, they should have NO power over single nations right to fight back attackers, be it US or Libya or whatever. but i consider the attack on Iraq an action not asked for, and i also ask how the international community can be so arrogant it thinks it can determine what nations are allowed to build nuclear arms as long as they have such themselves?

Ceci tuera cela

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Red, it is certainly a hipocractic state of affairs.

I mean I certainly don't want those aforementioned countries having Nuclear bombs or other wmd's, but just 10 years ago the US was shitting it's pants when Pakistan detinated it's first nuc, but now look, they're one of our "closest" allies.

Nuclear prolifiration and other WMD's are a huge problem that affects everyone on this planet, and it scared the hell out of everyone when the Bush Administration came out and said that Saddam had them/will have them, and is going to use them on America. But now that we know it was all a big lie (which Bush still hasn't bothered to appologize for or even acknowledge), what should the consequences for that be? Another 4 years? I think not.

And to touch on Kutsteel's points, which are all good by the way, I don't think that everything coming out of Iraq is negative, but when you weigh the good with the bad, there is no contest. The US is cutting essential programs at home as a direct result of the war in Iraq, with almost no financial contributions from any other nation. And lets not kid ourselves about the Coalition of the Willing http://geocities.com/pwhce/willing.html#troops

Kerry might not be the best, and he is definitaley a Politician, just like Bush, but at least, if nothing else, he's willing to try different things to get at a solution.

Great debate guys

General

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoiqu'il arrive les amis je vous souhaite bonne chance ! Mais au fait, chez nous on ne lis quasiment plus la bible, surtout si on fait de la politique. Sincères amitiés normandes Wink

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

... i agree with general....

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. I don't know what the Gerneral said, but it sounded good Wink

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My french is a bit rusty, but I believe it had something to do with biblical values.

Well Troger. I didn't know you got into the good word. Cool

btw. That may be my Panzer burning in your avatar, but I still hold the VL. Smile

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:03 am Post subject: if Reply with quote

if my knowledge of french is correct he said they would soon be serving french fires in the white house again. Laughing
or was it liberty fries in france???

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: