Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
morca

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:50 am Post subject: QUESTION CENTRE Reply with quote

Ask what you 'need' to know.....

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm going to burned for this one but what the hell...

why cc2? Why not cc5?

OK running for cover now.. Rolling Eyes

morca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CC2 has one of the best campaign structures in the CC series.
CC2 has quite a lot of activity going on over at PL.
CC2 has more ladder games currently being played than any other CC version.
CC2 is a classic.
CC2 has a possible maximum of 50 maps. More than any other in the CC series.

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:46 pm Post subject: engine selection Reply with quote

Hi Morca & Boro,

you might know I'm a CC2 fan. Cant wait to see further progress of this mod. Concerning number of maps: 50 battles is the maximum. Perhaps more, but you will not have them listed correctly in the user interface. But number of battles is not identical with number of maps! No one up to day has ever tested if 50 maps will really work.

But if it might be, then it will be possible to have more than 50 maps also: you can use additional maps (numbered Map400 or greater) for custom user battles and for the boot camp (this is tested succesfully & proven).

What I have encountered when expanding CC2 to its limits: some strange graphical effects of vehicle graphics (8.8 FlaK no longer rotating, some GE vehicles are moving like a crab).

We must also look what CC6 might introduce: more than 2 countries too ???, unlimited number of maps ???. If so CC6 will be a go alternative to CC2.

Good luck for your project, feel free to ask me if help on CC2 modding is needed.

Cheers

Mafi
http://closecombat2.fortunecity.com/
http://www.closecombat2.claranet.de/
http://cc2revival.npage.de/
http://www.ftf.claranet.de/

Last edited by Mafi on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

ActionJacksonDX

Rep: 15.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

how are you going to mod the campaign?
i liked the campaign system a lot too

morca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_ActionJackson wrote:
how are you going to mod the campaign?
i liked the campaign system a lot too

There are still only 3 sectors allowed, but this time we are allotting 4 ops per sector with 4 or 5 maps per op.
I wanted to get as close to 50 new maps as possible, but the final campaign structure will determine if we have to play a couple of battles on the same map or not. I will be doing some fiddling with the campaign structure to see if we can use more than 50 battles, but it is still early days yet.
At this stage we are still going through the actual battle locations, deciding which ones to include, the map linkages and stuff.
But it looks like an initial german attack from the west (sector 1) with two 'uprisings' of partisans in the east (sectors 2 and 3).
The Germans are essentially trying to push the partisans back and disperse them to inefectual groups. The partisans are trying to slow the german advance with guerilla warfare - blowing bridges, roadblocks, railways etc.

Partisan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:22 pm Post subject: Close Combat partisan mod's Reply with quote

L.S.

First of all, how far is the Weiss mod?? any progress and what about other partisan mods in the Close combat series? I once saw something about a partisan mod on Close Combat 3. But it wasn't actively worked on because of web space shortages or so?
Does anybody have a suggestion??

I'm very much interested in this part of european history, you see, my grandfather was a partisan in Tito's army.

A partisan ancestoral great,

Eelco Wijshake

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains/And the women come out to cut up what remains/Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains/An' go to your Gawd like a soldier." - Rudyard Kipling

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question Partisan, all the research was done, but the two main driving forces behind the mod, Boro and Morca, have gone MIA at the moment.

-Nembo

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I am Boro but I completely lost data on my old account Very Happy .

Yes, like the Nembo said, research is done and all geographical maps we need to rebuild this complex operation have been gathered. Unfortunately Morca and I are both overwhelmed with the real life at the moment. I hope to resume mod work in late March/early April and from then things will develop much faster hopefully.

Partisan, do you know in which unit your grandfather fought?

Skittaile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new to this game and I'm wondering what do I have to do to be able to play cc2 multiplayer. Do I have to download any update patches or something else? If the info I need is already somewhere on this forum, would someone please paste the link.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 am Post subject: Re: QUESTION CENTRE Reply with quote

I installed cc2 to be able to play online, when I tried ito connect it failed becouse I have version 2.2 and my opponent had 2.0 what is the best remedy?

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

eniced73

Rep: 26.3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:18 am Post subject: Re: QUESTION CENTRE Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=14

Just in case no one has given you information.  Go to the link above download and install this latest version (tell your opponent to dl too).  Use BHQ or join the Hamachi meet every month.  There is a tourney right now over at TH so BHQ has some CC2 players lurking about.  You should be able to find a game there.  If not shoot me an email:  edinyar at hotmail.com and we can set something up.

sigeena

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:46 am Post subject: Re: QUESTION CENTRE Reply with quote

I've got a question.

For the standard CC2 GC, what happens if the Allies win the Polish Drop operation? I read somewhere that they will then go on to reinforce the  Oosterbeek operation. But can someone tell me what that means? More Requisition Points or what? How much more?

Thanks in advance.

Pzt_Kanov

votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: QUESTION CENTRE Reply with quote

I think Polish forces are available at Oosterbeek, plus you don't have to allocate points for the polish op so you get more points for the other ops.

sigeena

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:10 am Post subject: Re: QUESTION CENTRE Reply with quote

What can I use to capture screenshots?

sigeena

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 pm Post subject: Re: QUESTION CENTRE Reply with quote

And here's to answering my own question.

The Ultima Online Screenshot Utility is pretty neat for taking screenshots. It's also available in the Downloads. Just figured that out 5 mins ago.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: