Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
king

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:32 pm Post subject: Best attacking sections for allies GJS 4.4 Reply with quote

Can anyone help me ??? does anyone know wich is better for attack ??:
rifle or bren section i normally use the bren for suppression but not sure if im doing it correct Exclamation Question so if anyone has any idea let me know pls

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

think they are almost equal, but there are too many possible situations where you might wanna favour one. if your going for melee the rifle section will be better as it doesnt have bren which will probably lag that guy, if there's a chance of firing at enemy (not nades and bayonetts) obviously the bren would come in handy...

Ceci tuera cela

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For close assault the rifle teams are better. You're going to have a better chance at damaging an enemy tank in close assault with a rifle team. The Bren sections are more effective at a distance, better for support.

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Wruff wrote:
You're going to have a better chance at damaging an enemy tank in close assault with a rifle team.

why exactly?

Ceci tuera cela

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

They're quicker. No tired bren holding things up. Remember that troops are "tethered" to their squad, so if one guy is lagging behind during quick maneuvers then the whole team becomes more vulnerable (supressed, injured, cowered, etc...). A squad assaulting an enemy tank tends to be on the move quite a bit leading up to it. Better to have them strong for the assault rather than the tired bren gunner holding things up.
Also, not certain (I'm at work atm so can't verify), but don't the rifle teams carry more grenades than the Bren squads? The more the better.
In GJS it's tough to get any allied team to assault enemy armor ("you're mad!" is usually their response to such an order). I've certainly had better luck with the rifle teams over the Bren team. Always keeping to the rear of the enemy tank during the assault for the best chance at damaging the panzer.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

All depend of the necessary effort to reach the target

If your units need to go tought a house, a headge, over a wall or runing some ten meters to attack they will risk to be ( like Wruff said)
" Remember that troops are "tethered" to their squad, so if one guy is lagging behind during quick maneuvers then the whole team becomes more vulnerable (supressed, injured, cowered, etc...)"
unorganised by the quicker movement.

IE for the bren section,
the units will run to the target while bren gunner will dismount the Mg and will charge on the shoulder ( but the units already moved ...) the charger will arrange the ammunition before following the group ( but the units already moved ...)
this without forgetting the status health of each soldier which as we all know is specific to each one .. Thus more your units will have of distance to traverse, plus the obstacles will be numerous and less good tightened your assault with the bren section ...

But anyways 1 simple hand grenade can disable a tank efficasly and quickly Very Happy
I saw so many time a crew hit a tank with the holy grenade...
:lol2
[/quote]

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the bars in the interface. Rifles teams have a bigger green bar on the AT side of the scale.

Verboten

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Verboten wrote:
Check the bars in the interface. Rifles teams have a bigger green bar on the AT side of the scale.

Verboten

negativ, they have the same green bar on AT capability, the Bren has slightly bigger BAR on AP (because of the bren obviously).
both teams carry the same amount of ammo, 14 nades, but bren section has 2 smoke nades instead of 1, which rifle team has. at the moment i see no reason at all that rifle section would be able to disable a tank better than a bren section, apart from the fact that gunner might lag behind, which i mentioned in my first post. if a bren section ambushes in hedge which a tank bypasses it would have equal chance of dealing with a tank as would a rifle team.
moreover, in infantry assault, especially in blocks of houses, iv seen bren sections do better than rifle teams cos at such range the smgs will usually rule (when nades are spent and assault is at standstill) and if one guy manages to get the bren gun up it can wreak some serious bloodshed!

Ceci tuera cela

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all despends on how fast you can dispatch the enemy in front of you. If I'm making a mad dash through houses and buildings, I will generally lead with a (Allied) rifle team or even a recce team (which will carry an extra sten). But I would certainly want a bren section in close toe to lay down some heavy fire. But again, I will generally lead with a non-bren gun team as they are quicker and tend to jump more into the mix (i.e. hand-2-hand, nades, knives, etc.) But this is all from personal experience, so it can vary.

Against armor, good luck close assualting with your standard English infantry team, bren or no bren. Get up close and personal and toss your betties then get the hell out, assuming you don't get the "you're mad!" response. Or as a last resort, hide under the immob'd enemy tank and watch it's turret spin around trying to find you, but unable to fire. This will also keep any other enemy units from shooting at you as there will be "no clear shot". If you can stick it out til the end, their is a good chance that the enemy will loose the damaged tank and the area will come up gray.

IMO, there is no greater satisfaction than assaulting enemy armor with infantry and watching it explode.... truely satisfying :Cool

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: