Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
rufus

Rep: 50.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:14 pm Post subject: okinawa grand campaign completed. Reply with quote

hi all,me and my bud showudas$ have just comleted a head to head online grand campaign of the okinawa mod.i was playing as the japanese.it seems to me this mod is rairly played i dont no if this because it people are put off because it seems buggy,true we did encounter a few prob's such as we could not get the map hill 178 to work even though we both had DL the fix,i think our problem was because of a conflict with gjs mod which has the same map name for one of it's maps,also a few of the maps in the south the map links do not work,oh yea he also had the bug were he could continualy reinforce his battle groups.(this cc after all).but apart from them it was prietty painless bug wise affair.

Our camapaign played out very historicaly for in reality the japs held out to the 21st of june 1945 as i did in the game,but in game terms $ easily won

casultie figures are
jap
kia 2217
wia 1906
armour 12
guns 121

u.s
kia 1637
wia 1439
armour 111
guns 13

On to the maps i personally found them a bit samey samey but that was the nature of the camapaign fighting over one bunker and cave riddled hill to the next apart from the east coast were it was predominantly bamboo villages,i must admit that the shuri castle map has got to be the priettest cc map ive ever seen though.

Playing as the japanese i found myself continualy under the cosh from the u.s heavy firepower and once $ had formulated a good stratergy for attacking my bunkers which had originaly held him up his push south became unstoppable.Playing as the japs i found the best strategy was to wait in the caves and bunkers for the marines to attack, to venture out of them death came quickly for my poor boys.Some cc'ers might find this boring but to me its about refighting history and this mod seems to do that very well.

So hats off to the modders for imo a very realistic if rairly played mod.
cheers.rufus aka lazypike.

sorry if the review was a bit rambling but im trying to put off the moment as long as possible before i go and commit hari kari as any honourable losing japanese commander should do.

check out this site for info about the real okinawa campaign.http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/okinawa-battle.htm

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, nice report. Not too many people finish the Okinawa GC.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:36 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

just 1 picture of a map screen shot from whole gc?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

rufus

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

have it your way lord here are some pictures(not to sure how to do it,shuri castle pic was a fluke)but i'll try.

rufus

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pity, shuri castle was a fluke, cant rember what i did to get it up but i failed miserable to post my other pics.if some one can advise me i will be very grateful(keep it simple im a pc dummy) cheers.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Rufus.... Have a look at the top of this page and you will see "Image Upload." After you upload the image it will tell you what code to put in your forum post.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

rufus

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for trying to help me mooxe,ive managed to upload some pictures but they go to cc1 combat camera gallery,wooops,what am i doing wrong?

Tacloban

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit image upload up top but the new windows says, essentially, "get lost" even though I am logged in. Can't see the image.

I got about a third of the way though this mod on SP, and the bugginess did get me down little. Of course, the Japanese AI often ignored the bunkers, making for a fairly swift offensive for me as the US. But do respect the time and effort it takes to put out this mod. Also I salute addressing the Pacific Theater, which had plenty of squad-level, close combat.

Tacloban

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: