Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Yummydog

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:49 pm Post subject: Argumentative case, Please comment!! Reply with quote

I have case like that, please tell me, did i do any thing wrong?

i have a campaign game with someone, the last battle is at bayuex city. my opponent launch attack from the place da le republic (north), finaly he got that vl and some houses in the northern area(he lost 1 tank and i lost 1 at gun), i still kept at lease 4 vl which include all my supply vl, however, 0000 bug, carsh and then we rematch. the second times we have nearly the same result (including crash) Rolling Eyes, so we play 3rd time on that map. this time, my opponent he change the way of attack, he attack me form the place de bayuex (center of the map). this time encounter heavry resistance, 10 minute remain, he lost 3 tanks and all attack units, and i start to counter attack to get more place. Suddenly he offer Truce, because the force balance is about 60:30. i don't accept truce and continue counter attack, but unsuccess because he shut the game!! Confused In gamespy we dicuss a bit. he said i toke his advanage and unfair and don't understand truce.

he say we should replay the battle like he won(i don't understand why he say he won as he got half VL ), i'm so confuse. Also as he chose attack from otherside, he admited that is re-match. when he lost the 3rd tank, he disconnected the game manuly, did i do any thing wrong? please feel to comment? including my opponent on that campaign.

game is for fun, even you win, it means you won a person who should defeated by you, what a big deal, please win yourself. can't accept lost can't win yourself!!

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yummydog,

Why? Why are you still playing with him?

Btw, is he the same guy who apply the "over-extended" naval support strike?

You better let us know who he is.

Yummydog

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, not the same one, thats why i want people feel free comment, because i have 2 argue in 2 day!! Laughing , so i want to know is that the problem on me.
maybe the one toke serious is me!!

"long range naval strike, and shut the game manuely" .........if i am not take serious on the game, i can let them do it?

Last edited by Yummydog on Fri May 19, 2006 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For GC's and Ops.
After years of dealing with CC crashes in fun games and also team events and tourneys, I've found the best thing to do is to simply recreate the crashed game to accurate territory then trucing and moving on past it.

Someone will always feel robbed with replay results. Simply recreate to accurate territory and move on.

Yummydog

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Wruff wrote:

Someone will always feel robbed with replay results.

Good point!! thats so ture! i sometime also got that feeling! but i won't shut the game. Laughing , because the result is done by myself, no one force me, and i also understand that if someone chose rematch (not just take area), he may planing to do better than last time. so please accept any result even lost. (he guess i will heavry defence north because last 2 times he attack north and won (he told me he is won in gs Laughing ), so he chose attack central at 3rd time, but, he has a wrong guess, Razz )

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

In our H2H GCs we always make rebuild except cases when crash happened on first 5mins or so(didn't have action).

Rebuild means:
1)we kill all the dead teams/vehicles/guns.
For inf team it's 40% rule - if 3 of 7 were alive = team is alive.

2)we take all the territory we have taken. Including single houses or hedges.

3)All the support(AIR/ARTY/NAVAL) that have been used in battle that crashed should been used in rebuild.

4)After we make 1,2,3 we truce.

But i guess that can be successfull only with opponent u trust. And if he crashes the game on purpose...u can't trust such guy.
My advice, don't play with him anymore.

Yummydog

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:

But i guess that can be successfull only with opponent u trust. And if he crashes the game on purpose...u can't trust such guy.
My advice, don't play with him anymore.

thx for your rules.
I also think don't play with him. so i told him, "you totally won the gc", thats becuase i gave up.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Play with Honour or piss off, as we Aussies would say....no point to contesting a game against a foe that would use an unfair advantage (i dont understand the satisfaction derived from winning by this method)

"percute et percute velociter"

roonburg

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The satisfaction of winning comes from knowing you outplayed and outfought your opposition not from exploiting the system.

There are plenty of good, honest players out there so stick to them.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:53 am Post subject: why i stopped Reply with quote

ladders years ago, i used to get pleasure of advantage in cc3, use same maps, but it got boring, and tiresome. plus i didnt want to be a brake pet mapper. i remember 1 person played same map hundrens of times, some chinese name, dragon something...it was sad.

espree de corp

Yummydog

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i had also faced that player, i have to admit that he play that map really really good (without lost any single tank to move to second roll of big map). but once he reach 2nd roll he don't want to continue the gc. i ask him why, he reply me just want to play new gc, as his game always titled "new gc". he is so funny. i forget his name.

some chinese may, but i'm not. Laughing

sieterayos

Rep: 13.4

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it! I was yummydog's (AKA Spear) opponent in this game and I don't mind anyone knowing it.

What he has left out from his account is that on a previous occasion when roles were reversed and his victory turned into his defeat on a replay, I offered to play his advantage and pressed the truce button instead of wiping him off the map. He took the truce.

I would expect that sort of courtesy to be returned. This is a game after all, not a war, and however good a player you are- and Spear is- if you pay no regard to other players' sensitivities you might well end up having 2 arguments in one day Wink.

What I learned from this is to be explicit with your opponent in advance in how you deal with crashes. No remedy is perfect, none can undo what connection drops and crashes have done. Whatever your choice you can only ameliorate the annoyance that crashes cause. But at least a prior agreement with your opponent is a framework to stick to when things go wrong.

With regard to the naval 'cheat,' I found out by accident and never regarded it as a cheat until I asked someone what they thought. That person asked me not to use it, so fine, I won't. Again, be open, honest, and straightforward.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing my own GC with Spear_hk, otherwise known as yummydog, (draw your own conclusions as to why he has one nic for posting at forum and one for playing) I have voice my full support for sieterayos.

Spear_hk aka yummydog is the only player I have black listed from my CC5 online experience in over a year of playing. Reasons to be outlined later in another post for anyone who cares...

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

Yummydog

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

mikwarleo wrote:
draw your own conclusions as to why he has one nic for posting at forum and one for playing

you may think, i have somthing bad things happened, so change name in this forum, that's your way of thinking, not mind, there is another reason can be. actually most of player in gs and this forum known yummydog is spear_hk, like Lord4war, Mooxe, Volksjager_cn/ Zippi4 and Blackstump (may know)......... Laughing

I am waiting for your post to explain how you won the gc, but i just want to remind you that "respect is given by people, unrespect is caused by yourself" Laughing

Last edited by Yummydog on Wed May 24, 2006 4:23 am; edited 4 times in total

Yummydog

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sieterayos wrote:
I offered to play his advantage and pressed the truce button instead of wiping him off the map. He took the truce.

I would expect that sort of courtesy to be returned. This is a game after all, not a war....

First, i didn't ask you truce when the battle i am afraid wipping off by you. the truce offer was made by your decicsion (usually, player without enough power to attack, then they offer turce ). as i play german (defender) on day1-2, i accept anyway. and you take that to expected i will return another accpet truce that when you fail to attack and i launch a counter attack? and you drop the game manully becuase i don't accpet your sounds like fair truce? you may think you still have a strong reason to drop the game, what i can say to you is "good luck".

Second, as you diconnect the game manully when you lost 3 tanks, i am afraid that hard to believe your sounds like "This is a game after all, not a war"

if you ask me to replay that battle because feel unhappy the result, i may accept it. but if you rapidly press truce button, then i ask you "what?" and you didn't reply me but drop the game. i won't play that gc anymore. Exclamation

sieterayos

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yummydog wrote:
sieterayos wrote:
I offered to play his advantage and pressed the truce button instead of wiping him off the map. He took the truce.

I would expect that sort of courtesy to be returned. This is a game after all, not a war....

Yummydog wrote:
First, i didn't ask you truce when the battle i am afraid wipping off by you.the truce offer was made by your decicsion (usually, player without enough power to attack, then they offer turce ).

Exactly. Thankyou, you confirm my point.

Yummydog wrote:
and you drop the game manully becuase i don't accpet your sounds like fair truce? you may think you still have a strong reason to drop the game, what i can say to you is "good luck".

Second, as you diconnect the game manully when you lost 3 tanks, i am afraid that hard to believe your sounds like "This is a game after all, not a war
if you ask me to replay that battle because feel unhappy the result, i may accept it. but if you rapidly press truce button, then i ask you "what?" and you didn't reply me but drop the game. i won't play that gc anymore. Exclamation
"
That's right, you carry on destroying my tanks while I type up a message to you, having indicated with the truce button that there's a problem. So how are we going to replay the game when I've been wiped off the map?

Good luck to you too, you're not the only skillful opponent out there Smile.

Yummydog

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i really confuse your point of view.

1 st battle you said you don't attack, your offer truce, i accept, you feel fair........i understnad.

2 nd battle your tanks bg VS my no AT bg, i offer truce, you don't accept.......i also understand. because you have power both attack and refuse. Fair enough!

3 rd battle you fail attack, then i counter attack, you offer truce, i don't accept........did i wrong, sieterayos

in the same battle you drop the game manully, i can't accept!

is it every time you offer truce i should accept it otherwise i am wrong (because this is a game, not war), but you can unaccept my offer (because you have attacking power)?

thank you for saying me is skillful player, do you know how many i lost and learn to get it?

Last edited by Yummydog on Wed May 24, 2006 11:43 am; edited 4 times in total

poli

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

at the very least all these flame thread show is that H2H play is alive and kicking!!! Laughing

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

sieterayos

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yummydog wrote:
i really confuse your point of view.

1 st battle you said you don't attack, your offer truce, i accept, you feel fair........i understnad.

2 nd battle your tanks bg VS my no AT bg, i offer truce, you don't accept.......i also understand. because you have power both attack and refuse. Fair enough!

3 rd battle you fail attack, then i counter attack, you offer truce, i don't accept........did i wrong, sieterayos

in the same battle you drop the game manully, i can't accept!

is it every time you offer truce i should accept it otherwise i am wrong (because this is a game, not war), but you can unaccept my offer (because you have attacking power)?
And the crashes? It doesn't look like you can hold every angle of the situation in your head at the same time so we're not going to get anywhere. I've said my bit, make of it what you will. goodluck.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out my reply to Spear and what he's been up to here

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2472&start=16

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

Jump to: