Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
AudieMurphy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:23 pm Post subject: SOS - I tried hard to kill my CC5 installations and succeed Reply with quote

After a couple of wild experiments with CC4 mods (which should not affect CC5 or am I wrong?) my CC5 Stalingrad and Fall Sverige installations (I run them in paralel which may also be wrong, and Fall Sverige was installed manually that is without the config manager started giving messages "Cannot find Videos folder, reinstall Close Combat". The Videos folder is the only thing I have NOT touched today, so the problem is somewhere else but where?
Of course reinstalling of CC5 fixed it all but I would not like to make the same mistake in the future.

Is "manual" installation (copying the files over without using the program) and running paralel installations ok?

Finally, my compliments to the Meuse Crossing mod team! Your mod still works perfectly after all my attempts to kill CC5 on my computer

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:31 am Post subject: I had same problem Reply with quote

when i done a manual install of a mod, and it failed to work, one of my completely seperate mods also failed to load!
2 completely seperate installs.
i had to fix first by deleting, then reinstalling, then other install worked again.

i now had 3 working installs of ccv.
reg extra28(9)-apparently testing for v4, current v34
then main install has gjs/stalingrad and 6 gigs of other mod maps. for config manager.

a birdie told me the config manager has problems with a very early mod of okinowa. dont know the issues, but was advised to keep it seperate install for that mod(cause lets face it, its a great mod, has all new maps)

espree de corp

Gen_Jack

Rep: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 13 parallel installs of CC5 and 3 of CC4 and everything works fine. When I want to play H@H I just rename the folders accordingly. Some of them were installed manually due to no pluggin and others where by pluggin (though I edit the plugin batch file to eliminate the backups).

From your description, the problem you have run into is that the first time you ran the plugin manager it died part way through, likely after it had backed up and deleted some files. Once this happens it is posssible to manually correct the problem, but ussually it is easier to start from scratch (i.e. uninstall and reinstall CC). There is a way to avoid the uninstall and reinstall issue though. After you install and patch CC5 (and add the video folder if disk space is not an issue), make a copy of the Close Combat Invasion Normady folder and it contents so that you have a back up copy of a fresh install. Then is things go wrong you can just make a copy of the backup and rename it to Close Combat Invasion Normandy and install the mod again. Just delete the copy with the failed mod install attempt.

Cheers,
Gen_Jack

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could get back all the hours of my life I've spent watching CC3/4/5 install! Sad I'd be 2 years younger.

While were at it, I'd like back all the hours I've spent watching my computer boot up from a crash......I'd be a young man of 39 again :Cool

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: