Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1264
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
TAIP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:59 am Post subject: Reinforcements Reply with quote

This particular question doesn't seem to have been explicitly answered before - if the supply depots are occupied when reinforcements are scheduled to arrive, say in the GC, will the reinforcements be delayed until the depot is free, or do we lose them for good?

I haven't been able to clear the beaches in the Normandy Grand Campaign on the first turn, so ain't sure if it disadvantages the Allies through the loss of BG's. I normally only lose one or two men on the beaches, but perhaps it's better to just charge through and absorb heavier losses if it means not losing a BG.

Oh yeah, and does anybody know if the barbed wire has any real effect in the game? And I can't just capture an exit road and move the troops off, can I? BG's don't form in depots occupied by the enemy, do they? So it calls for wiping out the opposing BG?

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: Reinforcements Reply with quote

TAIP wrote:
This particular question doesn't seem to have been explicitly answered before - if the supply depots are occupied when reinforcements are scheduled to arrive, say in the GC, will the reinforcements be delayed until the depot is free, or do we lose them for good?

If all your big depots are occupied by friendly forces then they will be delayed until you have a free depot.
If the depot they were scheduled to arrive on is occupied by another friendly BG then they typically default first to more southern depots that are open.

Quote:
I haven't been able to clear the beaches in the Normandy Grand Campaign on the first turn, so ain't sure if it disadvantages the Allies through the loss of BG's. I normally only lose one or two men on the beaches, but perhaps it's better to just charge through and absorb heavier losses if it means not losing a BG.

Losing 1 or 2 men in a beach landing isn't going to get you too far. Gotta make some heavy sacrifices early to get inland.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and does anybody know if the barbed wire has any real effect in the game?

Barbed wire is an obstacle. Tanks track realatively easily on barbed wire, for example. It's not just decoration.
*note: In case you didn't know, you can 'right click' anywhere on the map and get info on that location (info appears in lower left)

Quote:
And I can't just capture an exit road and move the troops off, can I? BG's don't form in depots occupied by the enemy, do they? So it calls for wiping out the opposing BG?

You can move through once you capture the exit vl. Though unless you're moving onto a large supply depot then your BG will quickly be without supply once engaged unless all maps in your supply rout are clear to that BG.
Necessary sometimes. Again. Gotta accept some sacrifices to achieve your objectives.
And if the enemy is on your depot where your BG is scheduled to arrive then your BG will still appear. You will just be attacking the map since the enemy was already there.

Hope this helps. Gluck auf!

TAIP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Pzt Wruff. Smile

The right-click info doesn't display anything useful for the barbed wire. Since its cover is poor, it's probably just chain link, so it's odd that tanks would get tracked in them. Never happened to me, though.

I just realised that the part about enemy-occupied supply depots is covered in the manual. Nothing about whether or not they are delayed or scrapped if the depots are friendly-occupied.

I started a GC against the computer to test it out. Wow, it's wussy. This is the first time I routed the enemy on the beach maps. No losses. Haven't gotten to the second day yet, though.

At least now I know we don't lose BG's for being slowed down. Smile

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the CC manual is notoriously inacurate. Lots of misinformation in there on certain aspects of the game.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Also about reinforcements - click on the calander on days in the future to see the BG's that are scheduled to arrive.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Taip, join game spy at the top of this page for a h2h experience, wussy ai will be a thing of the past !!

"percute et percute velociter"

Antony_nz

Rep: 86.4
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 am Post subject: Reinforcements Reply with quote

Barbed wire is is not there just to look cool.
If you move troops over barbed wire they will move ALOT slower.
Makeing them easy targets to shoot.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: