Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Vernichter1816

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:17 pm Post subject: ongoing crashes in h2h GC (sas3.5) Reply with quote

Currently i'm playing the SAS 3.5 GC with a friend of mine. But we have a huge Problem right now. Everytime we fight for Azeville there is some sort of crash (CtD, the 00:00 crash, crashing when agreeing on a truce like the 00:00 crash, game stops etc.).
Right at the beginnig were able to complete 2 battles on the map, though. But on the 8th the map decided to crash everytime, we tried it 5 times, then we decided to skip the map with a truce right at the beginning, which worked out. On the 9th we tried it again but it was like before ...

Both PCs have the same DirectX version, Patch is applied and so on.

Any ideas Question Question Question

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This also happens in GJS. Trucing the battle a few times works like you said.... Somethings I havent tried....

1. Switch the host for that 1 map
2. Do not use support
3. Try UDP/TCP.IP connection instead of Direct Play
4. Make sure ABSOLUTLY NOTHING is running in the background while your playing CC5
5. Fresh install of CC5 and SAS, make sure the patches and mods you use all come from the same website (some sites have different versions)

These are all generic answers but we can only work through the problem, not fix it. (for now atleast) If you try any of these suggestions and it works... Post your solution! Everyone has this problem.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Vernichter1816

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:43 pm Post subject: Problem solved? (at least we hope so) Reply with quote

Ok, today we played again. This time it worked out, not a single crash at all! I still can't believe it.
But now to the hard facts:
- we already switched the hosts before i started the thread. The other computer was just unbearable as host!
- we played via LAN ( my pc is behind a router so i can't play via net)
- reinstalls etc. were also done prior to my post...
- no other programs were running
- only thing we changed this time: we set the cc5.exe to win 98 compability (both PCs XP) mode and went after every (!) battle back to the command screen...

Btw: Support was already assigned, so we couldn't take it back but it seems it wasn't the problem...

I just don't know if we just had a lucky day or if we solved really the problem...
Hopefully the former Confused

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised i hate to disappoint you, but i dont think there is a simple fix for this - luck id call it. iv no idea what causes this, really not, but it requires some changes somewhere to fix this.
LAN seems to work fine, not too many crashes - some guys can play an entire gc without one single crash... connection? file corruption? Shocked

Ceci tuera cela

Vernichter1816

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, might be luck but we played again today and still no crashes. Hopefully it will stay this way. Right now it seems to work out.

But I don't think that you can say that LAN works better overall, as I posted before we had serious connection problems prior to the measures mentioned above. I played with some other friends via LAN and most of the time we had the probs I described earlier.

On the other hand I really can't understand why cc5 behaves like this, there are other games out there that should cause much more traffic and they run stable.
I mean, to be honest, the AI is just shit, so I can't think of any other way than playing H2H, the Solo campaigns are just useful for introductional purposes. This should have been obvious to the programmers also, so I can't think of any excuse for this buggy multiplayer script, or the still missing, all problems solving, patch.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: