Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:50 am Post subject: Bugs/observations etc etc Reply with quote

- Roofs on Krasny Oktiabr look pixelated and uneven
- no readme.txt in PLN file

koroofs.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.82 KB
 Viewed:  7671 Time(s)

koroofs.JPG

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

1) This Readme.txt was sent to you but still needs to be finished (not important for the moment for beta testiong
2) A lot -if all- the moders put this file in the .pln... Looks strange to me! If it is put in the pln, then the player will never read it! I will put my Readme in the zip, together with the pln.
3) Regarding the roofs, I don't understand what you mean. Pixellised, they are a little, as it was difficult to paint so big tiles (you should perhaps prefer the ones of Zavod, which are smaller). "Uneven"... They are not new, just a little destroyed!

PJ

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it looks great. I started a GC and played a few battles. Boy, after the first battle, I have to adjust tactics to prevent the excess lost.

A few questiones:
1) Why there are no Russian supply depot on the southern maps? I believe the Russians came from south are well supplied historically. Also, should the German's supply depot be located at the airports and western edge instead?

2) On the GC, how come some Russian/Axis BG starts from the middle of the strat map? Should they start from the edge maps?

3) Is it possible to change the T34/76's main gun tube a bit shorter? It looks like T34/85 to me.

4) on the 3rd battle of GC, there is a house on the North Western edge where when my units entered, it remains showing the roof. I believe you have mentioned that in the readme.txt and I guess that is one of the issue.

Very impressive so far. Keep it up. Razz

Thanks

edit: typo and supply depot issues.

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:
Why there are no Russian supply depot on the southern maps? I believe the Russians came from south are well supplied historically. Also, should the German's supply depot be located at the airports and western edge instead?

The russians did not come from the south but from the east, more precisely from the southern outskirts of Stalingrad. The area between the southern limit of the Kessel and the area of Kotelnikovo has been secured by the russians once the Kessel limits were definitive.

Regarding the German depots, there are actually in the two airports (please double-check). The werstern edge, close to the Volga, was actually a russian supply area (coming from the eastern edge of the river)

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:
On the GC, how come some Russian/Axis BG starts from the middle of the strat map? Should they start from the edge maps?

Same comments as my previous message

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:
Is it possible to change the T34/76's main gun tube a bit shorter? It looks like T34/85 to me.

4) on the 3rd battle of GC, there is a house on the North Western edge where when my units entered, it remains showing the roof. I believe you have mentioned that in the readme.txt and I guess that is one of the issue.

I will shorten a bit the T-34 gun.

On the Sirki map, I have been absolutely unable to fix this roof bug.... I have redone a lot of times the Rfm file, without success.... It is a mystery...
I fear that this will remain one of the mod biggest bugs...

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:
So far it looks great. I started a GC and played a few battles. Boy, after the first battle, I have to adjust tactics to prevent the excess lost.

If i understand well, you started a GC with tyhe axis.... Well, in the reality, these poor romanian forces have been anihilated in a few hours right by the beginning of the Uranus Op. It is thus normal!!

Be patient. When you will start playing with the Germans, the soviets will face more difficult times..

PJ

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My first impression is very good, I only see a small problem with team names, they are too long.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, the mod looks fantastic: the maps are beautiful and so far the data seems good.

I would highly suggest toning down the sounds, though. Most of the sounds are great, but some of them (e.g. MP40) are loud and overstated. I find myself constantly adjusting my volume to compensate for a couple of sfx that are just too loud. Anyone else experiencing this?

A small complaint really Smile for a great mod.

Carrying on in testing...

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac wrote:

I would highly suggest toning down the sounds, though. Most of the sounds are great, but some of them (e.g. MP40) are loud

Thanks for this. I agree with you, at least for the MP 40 that I already changed since the upload of the beta version.... I will adjust this before the release of the mod.
Anyway, what do you think, all every testers about this? (except for the MP40 which, as I said, is already changed?).

Thanks for your comments and continue to tell me what is good and what is bad.

Cheers
PJ

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know if it is a error but 3 times when I try start a new grand campaign game crash me to desktop windows, I must test it more.

As I told too long team names can give you graphics errors on grenade icons of the teams.

There are a soldier fighting sound some strange, it repeat too many times.

Soldier run too fast, I never have seen nobody running as them on snow.

Low Ammo icons and messages when vehicles or units have ammo, it can be corrected editing the last teams.adb unknown valours, I will try to do it as I did on ABTF mod.

No more by the moment, ah it is very fun, many different units, many different weapons, it is some new CC and I like snow maps.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see on this screenshot, low ammo icons can be corrected changing unknown valours, on special put a "1" on unknown 9.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:

Thanks for this. I agree with you, at least for the MP 40 that I already changed since the upload of the beta version.... I will adjust this before the release of the mod.
Anyway, what do you think, all every testers about this? (except for the MP40 which, as I said, is already changed?).

Thanks for your comments and continue to tell me what is good and what is bad.

Cheers
PJ

Not a problem, thanks for letting me test your mod Smile

I'll hopefully have some time to sit down with some testing this weekend. Off the top of my head, the MP40 was really the one that stood out. However, there are a couple of Tank sounds that seemed loud, but I couldn't tell you which ones at the moment, as well as another sound that I can't remember. I'll be able to get more specific on Sunday.

Cheers,
Mac

pzjager

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I do not know if it is a error but 3 times when I try start a new grand campaign game crash me to desktop windows, I must test it more.

Hi,

Just read the Readme.txt file! And be patient: once you will have saved the first battle of your campaign, it will never crash again...

In addition, this crash occurs only on one of my PC's, the one with Win98 and a quite slow processor. NEVER with the other one which is XP and strong/modern processor.....

pzjager

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:

As I told too long team names can give you graphics errors on grenade icons of the teams.

This is something due to CC5, not the mod.... I still prefer to use some longer/more precise names, even if this causes, as you say, this graphic error...

I am VERY intertested to know the opinion of the other testerss regarding that.

PJ

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In addition, this crash occurs only on one of my PC's, the one with Win98 and a quite slow processor. NEVER with the other one which is XP and strong/modern processor.....

I have a fast and new computer with Windows98se and WindowsXP.

And I have seen this error on other mods but I can not remember if the problem was a bad grand campaign file or maps problems.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

pzjager

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nomada_Firefox"]
Quote:
And I have seen this error on other mods but I can not remember if the problem was a bad grand campaign file or maps problems.

Anyway, did you succeed after some attemps to open a grand Campaign?
If yes, I can assure you that the problem is now definitively behind you.

Cheers
Vanatori de care!!!

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive mod, i love it already!!!

some remarks:

1) can you reorder the of Force pool names?
e.g. both commada groupa on top, all AT guns and vehicles together and so on...
(in some Bgs they are mixed up, so that a command group is on the botton, while the other is on top , same applies for some vehicles (only exeption should be command vehicles) )

2) Why are some maps set on meeting? I understand its is appropriate on H2h
but an campaing Versus AI it could be differently...
The roumanians at least were holding their ground for months with medium finished trench system... (in the city meeting is more historical because of the diffusive front lines but at the DON it should be Axis occupied territory.)

3) No crash for my pc yet, i started a campaign 12 times to see if it happens and it allways works perferctly. maybe it has something to do with disc space ?

Is there a possibiliy to exchange some roumanians with this fellors after a certain date:
Some groups i miss: (maybe there is place for them.)

20./21. 11. 1942:
Kampfgruppe SAUBER (ad-hoc battle-group)
Kampfgruppe SAUVANT (ad-hoc battle-group)

22. 11. 1942:
Kampfgruppe BIRKENBIEHL (battle-group formed by the German Liason Staff 2)
Kampfgruppe PRUSKOWSKY (battle-group formed by the German Liason Staff 2)

25. 11. 1942:
Kampfgruppe VON PANNWITZ (battle-group formed by the German Liason Staff 2)

26. 11. 1942:
Kampfgruppe BISCHOFF (battle-group formed by the German Liason Staff 2)

all replaced the roumanians on the given dates to strenghten the front...

Pzjäger, great mod!!! thanks sir. Ritterkreuz is already on the way I think Smile

To brave men few words are as good as many

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i forgot,

I'll be around in gamespy if anyone desires to test the mod in H2H

pm me or mail me at MacGod [at] gmx [dot] net. i have all the night reserved for testing.

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:41 pm Post subject: Italians Reply with quote

Obsevation:

The Italian Baretta 1938A mp looks like a american carabine. (maybe you change the colour/black?). but its just an idea.

campaing Italians map.

A little graphic bug i found considering 2 buildings showng the units on roof top.

same applies for one building behind of the police post. Placed units there even. dug a trench inside the house roof!!!!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: