Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

These bugs on the Sirki map have been fixed. A new version of the map will be sent to MOOXE today for download.

PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pzjager"]
Volksjager_cn wrote:
On the Sirki map, I have been absolutely unable to fix this roof bug.... I have redone a lot of times the Rfm file, without success.... It is a mystery...
I fear that this will remain one of the mod biggest bugs...

Sirki map bug is fixed. Mooxe should load it soon.

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:00 am Post subject: Re: Bugs/observations etc etc Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
- Roofs on Krasny Oktiabr look pixelated and uneven
- no readme.txt in PLN file

I am currently smoothering the Oktiabr's roofs in order to avoid this pixelling effect.

PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
My first impression is very good, I only see a small problem with team names, they are too long.

I will shorten the team names everytime it does not impact the understanding of the team name skills

PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:05 am Post subject: Re: Italians Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
Obsevation:The Italian Baretta 1938A mp looks like a american carabine. [/URL]

You are right. I don't know from where comes this bug!!! This has been fixed.

PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
1) can you reorder the of Force pool names?
e.g. both commada groupa on top, all AT guns and vehicles together and so on...
(in some Bgs they are mixed up, so that a command group is on the botton, while the other is on top , same applies for some vehicles (only exeption should be command vehicles)

OK.... If you can wait until 2008 for the mod's release!
FPools is by far the longest file to update.... I can do it...for 2008

PJ

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pzjager,

I played a few more games as Russians in the GC (line vs line). If Katyusha or artillery obervor is presented, they can knocked out the German or its Axis allies's ATG within a few seconds. Which is great for Russian players but for Axis players, it won't be fun. Should these support fire unit be removed from line setting or should they be included only in recruit setting?

Historically, the Soviets did enjoy superior firepower but for game balacning point of view, these firepower should be reduced.

Alternatively, the reload time of the Katyusha can be increased and its salvo of rockets can also be increased. So far, I think it take about 5 minutes to reload and it shot about 6 rockets per salvo. How about to increase the reload time and give it 16 rounds per salvo as most BM-13 Katyusha had?

Wink

RD_Helmut

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my observations thus far (pls forgive me if they have been posted already):

1. AT guns are way to easily spotted.
2. The Campaign called Wintergiwitter is messed up. The Russian BG on the far south right runs out of ammo after first battle. Also, the road connections from the German armored BG on the Southeast - it can only move to the west. The Russian reinforcement (2nd day) - the BG can only move North and South, it cannot move east or west. I think there are quite a few road connection issues.

3. I think the sounds for the most part are the best part of the mod. However, the small arms seem to be as loud as some of the heavy MG's and tanks. This makes my headset buzz. Also the MP35 and MP40 sound like MG42's - try the original sound or the one in SAS for this weapon.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/airborneassault/Member_Avatars/Other/RD_Helmut_80x80.jpg

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

RD_Helmut wrote:
Here are my observations thus far (pls forgive me if they have been posted already):

1. AT guns are way to easily spotted.
2. The Campaign called Wintergiwitter is messed up. The Russian BG on the far south right runs out of ammo after first battle. Also, the road connections from the German armored BG on the Southeast - it can only move to the west. The Russian reinforcement (2nd day) - the BG can only move North and South, it cannot move east or west. I think there are quite a few road connection issues.

3. I think the sounds for the most part are the best part of the mod. However, the small arms seem to be as loud as some of the heavy MG's and tanks. This makes my headset buzz. Also the MP35 and MP40 sound like MG42's - try the original sound or the one in SAS for this weapon.

1. Exactly spotted as in all the other CC mods......Can be reduced, a little.
2.There are NO connection issues. The operation has been made so that the BG's between the aksai and the southern part of the kessel can only move south-north, except those located on the aksai (tschauss, krugliakov, aksai, abganerovo) which can move in addition east-west. That is to avoid some moves which could render the Wintergewitter op a nonsense.
Regarding your no-supply situation, I will have a look on that, but perhaps it is just only that you were not able to hold the flag coming from your depot???
4; I agree. This has been fixed (not with the sounds of the stock game, however....)
Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ[/quote]

Not a problem, thanks for letting me test your mod Smile

I'll hopefully have some time to sit down with some testing this weekend. Off the top of my head, the MP40 was really the one that stood out. However, there are a couple of Tank sounds that seemed loud, but I couldn't tell you which ones at the moment, as well as another sound that I can't remember. I'll be able to get more specific on Sunday.

Cheers,
Mac[/quote]

Any news as promised, Mac?

Looking for news from you, as from all the testers who are still so silent so far...

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pzjager"]
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:
And I have seen this error on other mods but I can not remember if the problem was a bad grand campaign file or maps problems.

Anyway, did you succeed after some attemps to open a grand Campaign?
If yes, I can assure you that the problem is now definitively behind you.

Cheers
Vanatori de care!!!

And do you go to release a mod with a grand campaign crash?

By my experience if you do not want read very bad things and to be boring all your live, you should repair it.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nomada_FirefoxBy my experience if you do not want read very bad things and to be boring all your live, you should repair it.[/quote]

1) I have made everything possible FOR MONTHS to fix that, without any success.
2) I really don't believe it is a real issue. Once again, after one or two trials, it is OK and after this problem never happens again.
3) What do you want? That I give up with the mod for such a minor thing which will be, in addition, clearly announced in the Readme file?
4) ALL the mods so far have their special, inherent problem.

If someone has an idea about the way to fix the problem, you're welcome.

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:
Hi Pzjager,

I played a few more games as Russians in the GC (line vs line). If Katyusha or artillery obervor is presented, they can knocked out the German or its Axis allies's ATG within a few seconds. Which is great for Russian players but for Axis players, it won't be fun. Should these support fire unit be removed from line setting or should they be included only in recruit setting?

Historically, the Soviets did enjoy superior firepower but for game balacning point of view, these firepower should be reduced.

Alternatively, the reload time of the Katyusha can be increased and its salvo of rockets can also be increased. So far, I think it take about 5 minutes to reload and it shot about 6 rockets per salvo. How about to increase the reload time and give it 16 rounds per salvo as most BM-13 Katyusha had?

Wink

Hi Volksjager,

Thanks for your comments which are interesting. Here is what I can answer:

1) If you have played using the H2H files, please be careful that it is somewhat normal that you will find a lot of arty by your side. PLease use the RusVet or the GerVet submods when playing with Russians or Germans. In these files, the amount of arty is reduced AND I EVEN REDUCED IT AGAIN FOLLLOWING YOUR COMMENTS. This will be seen in the final version of the mod.
2) The firepower of Katyushas, Nebelwerfers and Fwd Observers has been reduced as well.

Well, you know, difficulty has always been a big problem with CC...The only one who has really found the secret of increasing the AI of the game was TT. Unfortunately, TT left our comunity without sayiong anything about what he found.... Thus, all the "modern" moders, including me, have tried to increase the dificulty by some ways like increasing the number of soldiers in enemy FPools, giving the enemy BG's more agressivity and adding these
forward observers and heavy arty units. It is not satisfactory, but it is really the only way we have found to make the game more difficult.
In the case of Der Kessel, I hope that the changes I have made following your comments will be sufficient. I can't do more!

Last thing: the BM-13. Historically, there were launchers launching 8 and, later in the war, 16 shells in a row. I have choosen the option of 8 shells because I believe it is more historically accurate and more (at least, that's my opinion!) fun for the player.

My final decision will be democratically made, guys: what do you prefer: 8 or 16 shells?

Once again, many thanks for your comments.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Volksjager_cn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pzjager,

Thanks for your response. My opinion of Katyusha is that as long as it is used only once per battle, that will be good. That can be done by long reload time. If the Russian player do choose to bring it into the battle, he bascially bring in a strong supporting unit but beware of its only one usage. Most online battles are 15 minutes. So, make the reload time to 15 or more minutes will do. I will leave the decision of number of rounds per shot to you. Wink

Thanks

Volksjager_cn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

More to report:

Cannot assign airstrike and artillery support to Plochad and Oktaibar maps for Russians.

The image for PTRD and Panzerbusche are the same. Is it possible to use the image of PTRD from Stalingrad mod?

Cannot attack from Osinskij to Suchanov map.

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:
More to report:

Cannot assign airstrike and artillery support to Plochad and Oktaibar maps for Russians.

The image for PTRD and Panzerbusche are the same. Is it possible to use the image of PTRD from Stalingrad mod?

Cannot attack from Osinskij to Suchanov map.

1) Airstrikes and arty supports: I will check. Seems strange to me.
2) PTRD and PzB: Very good idea: I will do it.
3) That's normal: there is no connection between the two maps!

Thanks for your comments. I will do the changes asap.
Let me know however if, despite these observations, you have some fun with the mod??...

Cheers
Panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:

Airstrikes do not cause any problems to me.
"Naval" airstrikes cause a problem, I agree (on Zavod map as well...)

Will check all that.

Cheers
PJ

Volksjager_cn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Razz The maps are superb.

One more thing I noticed. The main gun of T-60 should fire rapidly. I believe it has several rounds per clip before reloading. Currently, it reload after each shot.

I noticed that the heavy artillery support is only available to the northern-most maps. Is that intentional? What is the difference between mortar support and heavy artillery support? It seems to me that they are equally powerful and that is fine for me. The only difference seems to be that I can assign mortar support on any maps but heavy art support on the northern maps.

However, there is a potential bug in the airstrike assignment. At times, I can assign airstrike to Plochad and Oktaibar maps but sometimes, I cannot assign them.

Another issue is with 120mm mortar team. I cannot order them to fire in the roofless ruin. It was complaing about "in building".

Volksjager_cn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

One final note:

The airstrikes are way too powerful and accurate. Needed to be reduced.

The German rocket half-track need to have its reload time increased.

Good luck.

7A_Bjorn

Rep: 24.2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzjager,

Great mod!

my comments:

1. Breda mod 1937 looks like BAR in italian bg

2. Schweres MG34 looks like .50 cal in italian bg

(RD_Oddball may have graphics you can use)

3. The 4th Romanian Army was defending the ground south of Stalingrad - maybe have 2/8 start deployed at the start of the GC.

4. The railroads contributed a great part of the supply to Stalingrad via Kalach. It would be cool if there was air supply like in CC2 and CC4, but of course not an option. But I think having german supply depots in the west might be more appropriate, maybe single barrels at the airfields? not sure.

Great work!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: