Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1229
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Hi Pzjager, I have started a GC with your mod and I can say that I'm positively astonished.. The maps are beatiful: I know this from long time thanks to the screenshots but now I know that the rest of the mod is superp as the maps: sounds are marvelous: "atmosphere" sounds (I have heard for example an "anti aircraft alarm" after an airstrike), and weapon sounds: expecially when combat is very close . AT troops are very well done: the russian tanks are strong but AT teams have the serious possibility to destroy them if they are well positioned. Good work with Kv1-s armour: I'm glad is really difficult destroy it (is an example: more in general all armours are very good). BGs are very various in force pools: this means different strategies for win a battle: more brain to use. Graphic is excellent: (katyusha for example is wonderful), but also .gdg graphic is very well done. In another words many thanks for this great mod!, sure I will enjoy with it, again thanks. Regards, Drizzt

What can say more than: thanks! And good luck if you play with the axis...

Your message gives me faith to go further in CC moding

Cheers
PJ

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes I play with axis: After two turns of battles I have my left wing in serious supply difficulty but preserving some roads I can retire with order to create a new line, instead in stalingrad after fierce fights I'm able for now to resist enough well. (really fun!)
I have seen new mod mainscreen: I'm very glad that you work on another mod: after SDK I'm sure will be a very good work, also I'm glad that is another eastern front mod. "The end of sixth Army": wow!, Sure a real challenge for who will play with the axis.
I have small suggestions (really small...just to talk) after some SDK play experience:
- in Debrief if you want you can change in .dll "your attack into normandy ecc." with "your attack into Der Kessel ecc." (after a "turn" of battles before movement appear it)
- german mortars teams have soldier type number 0 (the first) with 2 (crew), if you want you can change them with 3 (asst. leader) like rus. mortars (and like more in general all troops in the mod: in this way you can see uniform patches also for them).
- in game.gdg if you want you can rename smrankgerm1,2,3,ecc.(also A) in smrankluft1,2,3 ecc. and the opposite: in this way you can see right german uniform patches when you play with germans in tactical maps (as in BGscreen where they are right).

Regards, Drizzt

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:

1)instead in stalingrad after fierce fights I'm able for now to resist enough well. (really fun!).
2) I have small suggestions (really small...just to talk) after some SDK play experience:
- in Debrief if you want you can change in .dll "your attack into normandy ecc." with "your attack into Der Kessel ecc." (after a "turn" of battles before movement appear it)
- german mortars teams have soldier type number 0 (the first) with 2 (crew), if you want you can change them with 3 (asst. leader) like rus. mortars (and like more in general all troops in the mod: in this way you can see uniform patches also for them).
- in game.gdg if you want you can rename smrankgerm1,2,3,ecc.(also A) in smrankluft1,2,3 ecc. and the opposite: in this way you can see right german uniform patches when you play with germans in tactical maps (as in BGscreen where they are right).

Regards, Drizzt

Hi,

1) THat's normal and historically correct. You should normally not face too many problems in the Stalingrad City area when, in opposite, it will be difficult to resist very long in the Don area. In the Don area, justresist with your romanians long enough to be able to solidify a defensive front on the don ring (between Peskovatka and the Tschir) using your best units (22 PzD for instance).

2) Change the dll: you are right! But is is VERY difficult to do!!! CC5Ressource .dll is a nightmare to code. Perhaps I don't have the best hex editor... I need help for that. If anybody can do it, he is welcome!

German mortars and Germrank: That's something I did not really care about, I have to say! I will check.

Anyway, all your suggestions are welcome!

Have fun
Cheers
PJ

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, when I say "really fun!" I mean all: I'm glad that is really difficult resist against russians in Don area cause it's historically corrected (as you said) in this way: it's another confirm of your great work.

About .dll I can help you: I can correct it and post here as attachment the .dll file when I do it if you agree. (When you will get it I will delete the attachment).

Regards, Drizzt

P.S. About german mortar teams I mean in tactical maps. And if I remember well also romanian and italian mortar teams.

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Hi, when I say "really fun!" I mean all: I'm glad that is really difficult resist against russians in Don area cause it's historically corrected (as you said) in this way: it's another confirm of your great work.

About .dll I can help you: I can correct it and post here as attachment the .dll file when I do it if you agree. (When you will get it I will delete the attachment).

Really nice if you can do it!
I would prefer that yousend the file to me by PM or EMail.

Thanks for your help
PJ

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! More improvements to an excellent mod!
And Drizzt, your mod is also looking very very good...when is the estimated release date?
CC (and the cool mods) is truly amazing! Almost every gamer I know and in the game forums is playing Company Of Heroes...and saying how great CoH is (the gameplay and tactics is so arcadish!)...while I'm still playing a 6 year old game (maybe older?) and having a lot of fun with it Very Happy .

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

to PzJager: I have done it: I have modified word "normandy" 6 times: 3 times "your attack into.." 3 times "your defence of...". A PM is ok: but how can I put the zip in a PM (there isn't attachment option)?

to SquadLeader: thanks for your support, the mod as I have said is in testing phase: I can't give a release date cause in past I was sure all was well done but I have found serious problems testing it: if I will finish 2 GC without problems sure will be released.

Regards, Drizzt

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
to PzJager: I have done it: I have modified word "normandy" 6 times: 3 times "your attack into.." 3 times "your defence of...". A PM is ok: but how can I put the zip in a PM (there isn't attachment option)?

Excellent news! I have always thought that my Hexeditor had a problem!

Please send it to me by EMail: pzjager [at] hotmail [dot] fr

It will be in the V1.2 version, and many thanks again.

Cheeers
PJ

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I try to send it, I have had from time to time small problems with e-mail (with attachment) in the past few days. Regards, Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pzjager, another time just to talk, and just to let you know, I have some suggestions for you.

Small suggestions after play SDK:
- when you play with russians, text in stratmap of the map Plochad is "wrong": you can see that you can't read it properly: with btd edit tool you can adjust it easely using backspace button. (I really like all the texts you have done)
- nov. 82mm minomet have the same picture of 122mm minoment (151), you can use for nov.82mm minomet the same picture of 82mm minomet (159).

Suggestions for future version (I do some of them for my private use: Considerer these a compliment cause usually I don't modify nothing of others mods), if you want:
- you can use the best ovicons (in cciimages) for an eastern front mod I even seen: the berlin mod ovicons: try to see the effect they do in your snow style mod.
- for LT-35 you can use as base PzIIFT in your azp graghic: just to make it different to PzIID (Turret can remain the same). The effect in the game (for me) is good.
- even if fictionals you can create the 25 battles with the 25 maps that don't have them using all Bgs: your maps are so well done that is good to have the possibility to play with them immediatly, you can also move "historical der kessel" in operations.
- to understand better "who play against who" in battles you can resize a little bit BG patches and write up them BGs names. For the few russian BGs that don't have a patch you can use a.. "historical general red army patch".
- your bootcamp works: in some mods don't works but in yours yes: so you can put the normal bootcamp button.

Regards, Drizzt

babarovitc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Un grand merci et un grand bravo pzjager. Je joue à close combat depuis 7ans et j'ai encore pris une claque avec ce mod fantastique à plus d'un titre: ambiance qui fait vraiment sentir le côté désespéré et déshumanisé" des combat à l'Est, des troupes et des BG variés et bien constitués (même la déchéance des allemands et roumains y est bien rendu), et que dire des maps et du contexte historique ? Seulement: aarrgh!

Close combat est un jeu fascinant mais si en plus des moddeurs le font perdurer avec autant de talent, il va frôler l'immortalité chez les gamers!

Merci

pzjager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
when you play with russians, text in stratmap of the map Plochad is "wrong": you can see that you can't read it properly: with btd edit tool you can adjust it easely using backspace button. (I really like all the texts you have done)
- nov. 82mm minomet have the same picture of 122mm minoment (151), you can use for nov.82mm minomet the same picture of 82mm minomet (159).

Suggestions for future version (I do some of them for my private use: Considerer these a compliment cause usually I don't modify nothing of others mods), if you want:
- you can use the best ovicons (in cciimages) for an eastern front mod I even seen: the berlin mod ovicons: try to see the effect they do in your snow style mod.
- for LT-35 you can use as base PzIIFT in your azp graghic: just to make it different to PzIID (Turret can remain the same). The effect in the game (for me) is good.
- even if fictionals you can create the 25 battles with the 25 maps that don't have them using all Bgs: your maps are so well done that is good to have the possibility to play with them immediatly, you can also move "historical der kessel" in operations.
- to understand better "who play against who" in battles you can resize a little bit BG patches and write up them BGs names. For the few russian BGs that don't have a patch you can use a.. "historical general red army patch".
- your bootcamp works: in some mods don't works but in yours yes: so you can put the normal bootcamp button.

Regards, Drizzt

Hi,

Many thanks to your kind suggestions!

1) You are right: the icon of the nov 82 Minomet was wrong! I will change it for the next version.
2) What do you mean about "ovicons"?
3) LT-35: I will try it. If it works: very well done!
4) More battles: yes! Why not? I just created the battles on the most "important historically maps", but I will create some more for the future version. It's a good idea.
5) BG Icons.... I did right by the begining the choice to put large icons. If I reduced them to be able to write the complete BG name, the graphic quality will be dramatically decreased.... On this topic, I would like that CC players tell me what they prefer: large icons with "good" quality (good with 70x90 pixels, hummm!) and no BG UNit name or Icons with worse quality and the BG unit name....
6) The map debrief text for Krasnaïa plochad: I will check and update it. I don't know if you are familiar with BTDEdit, but this tool is both the best and the worse tool available!

PJ

Drizzst, thanks again

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pzjger, I reply on two points:
- the ovicons are the units icons in tactical maps when you use option with the.. "lens"
- about battlegroups patches with BGs names I have done them: seems to me good enough in quality: anyway is only my opinion.

I'm very glad if some of my suggestions are usefull for you.
Regards, Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: