Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Miker1

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:29 am Post subject: 47mm anti-tank guns? Reply with quote

The Bofors 35 and the 47mm Italian anti-tank guns are quite useless as they never fire at anything. Did I say never? We'll that is an exageration, but when you need them to fire at practically anything they just sit there and wait to die. It's bad enough that the Axis minors have little in the way of anti-tank defense to have their biggest calibre guns zoning out in the middle of a battle. It doesn't matter if they have a clear shot with a green circle either. Give them the order to fire and they just complain about an ammo shortage with 30 rounds remaining. They do get off a shot once in awhile if shot at by the armor and this would be just before getting themselves blown up. Is this intentional? When you examine every other anti-tank gun or tank for that matter on the units soldier screen you will see a gun and gunner. The 47mm guns look completely unarmed with no weapon displayed. I don't know, but the game would be better if I had some light anti-tank guns. Sad

Other than that the fact that I dearly miss these guns shows how nail biting this mod is for the Germans. Really really punishing mod for the guys in grey.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

First, both 37 and 47mm AT guns used by the romanian and Italian units were very poor weapons. Don't expect to destroy any medium or heavy tank with them. The poor efficacy of these guns is highly responsible for the
success of the Uranus OPeration.

THat said:

- 37mm works well. Use it primirilarly as a antipersonal gun and you can have some success with it. You can as well use it against vehicles like BA's. I have destroyed some of them like this. THere is, however, I have to admit, a tendency for this gun to save ammo quite early. It has been fixed in the upcoming 1.2 version..

- 47mm issue is fixed as well in the v1.2. This gun did not like to fight against tanks (perhaps it is clever!).

Sorry for the inconvenience (but anyway, don't use these guns against tanks at less than 50 meters...)

Cheers
PJ

Miker1

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that this will be fixed in version 1.2 is very welcome news indeed. Just to be clear, I never complained about the 37mm anti-tank behavior. It was only the 47mm guns (the Bofors 35 and the Italian 47mm) that stymied me. I will be anxiously awaiting the release of 1.2. Then all my consternation will fade into an SDK marathon of blissful Soviet tank blasting. (Assuming of course that they are within 50 meters and have their backs turned.) Thanks again for catching this so quickly.

Mike

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Miker1 wrote:
Then all my consternation will fade into an SDK marathon of blissful Soviet tank blasting. (Assuming of course that they are within 50 meters and have their backs turned.)
Mike

LOL well said!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: