Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Will add it asap.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Bordic

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In the cc4 download section there are maps suitable for stock cc4 and TTvet, maps for stock cc4 and village maps,
well I need to ask...
are the other enlarged maps and the village maps not usable in TT vet mod? Maybe problems with btd files!?

Well also Malmedy needs to use its own VLs in order to be playable in TT Mod as Baugnez...

Last consideration, is there any possibility to use the new maps' images also in the strat map?

Et agere et pati fortiter romanus est

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and platoon Michael are working on putting all the new / enlarged maps into a new mod for CC5 with new strat map etc. Maybe when that is done I can make a "map pack" for CC4 as well. Getting the strat images right is more difficult than just replaceing the map itself.

As for Malmedy, I tested it in Vet BoB as well as CC4 but I dont remember any problems, can you be more specific? (It's been a long time since I made it!)

Grunt

Bordic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just, if you use the config manager, VetBoB puts into the map folder also all the btd and battle files related to the repainted maps, so Malmedy becomes Baugnez if you don't correct its VLs (I think that they are coded in .btd files!).

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course!!, The Baugnez .btd file is in the plugin. I always manually renamed and replaced the map AFTER the plug in was installed.

Grant

Bordic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:
Myself and platoon Michael are working on putting all the new / enlarged maps into a new mod for CC5 with new strat map etc. Maybe when that is done I can make a "map pack" for CC4 as well. Getting the strat images right is more difficult than just replaceing the map itself.

Yes I understand that cc5 is on top of H2H players, but a feature of cc4 was also the Operation Greif, which I think no one has managed to recreate in cc5 Ardennes Mods and that you cannot change your soldiers and the enemy's!

Just to know: can anyone realize the AT_Blackats Rank Mod also for cc4, maybe TT could put it in a future 1.14 release if he likes...

Also the battle signs could be better if changed with the cc5 ones...

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing any of the graphis from either the Scorngdg or Gamgdg files is very easy.
If you do just be sure you flip the image (with GadgetMunger) and save them as 16 bit TGA's

With Mafi's RTB Tool you do not need to flip them and the tool doesnt delete the filesafter rebuilding,this is cool because you always have the files opened to keep editing.

Plus you can now edit all 17 images from the original vehicles from CCIV.

You could use any map you want for VETBoB just be sure like Grunt said to change the files in the CFG.manager.One is the BTD.The other (I think) is the BGM."I think", been awhile since I did that.

I would get a second opinion before listing to me.

Bordic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Plus you can now edit all 17 images from the original vehicles from CCIV.

Are you talking about the images in the BGs?
I tried to change the strcrossedrifles tgafiles with those of cc5, well it happened that after execute movements I cannot view the first of three, that redrimmed "next battle sign" (which shows the next battle, of course!)but only the other two images.
How could it be? I used the cc4 first strcrossedrifle together with the other two images from cc5 and it is visible! (With this method I can see the next battle: the pictures are unfortunately ugly to look at!)

Quote:
You could use any map you want for VETBoB just be sure like Grunt said to change the files in the CFG.manager.One is the BTD.The other (I think) is the BGM."I think", been awhile since I did that.

You mean, apart from Malmedy and different maps that owns their own .btds .bgms, in order to play TT's VetBoB as he fixed the maps for his mod, what do you need to use?
his .btds and .bgms or those included in the enlarged map zipfiles?

I hope I have been understandable. Thanks for replying!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you talking about the images in the BGs

No
I'm talking about how the original version of CCIV had vehicles/tanks that have a tilting action when going over hills.

Quote:
what do you need to use?
his .btds and .bgms or those included in the enlarged map zipfiles?

You would use the files from the map your replacing.
Grunt would be a better person to ask than I,so hopefully he will chime in.

just need to put the map you want to use in the maps folder of CCIV (Following the instruction from the map maker)
Then just but the BTD file of the new map into the cfg/systems/packages/VETBoB folder

Of course if the map maker says to rename his files you would have to do the same for the BTD.

Exsample:
To use Malmandy you need to rename all the files (7 of them I think) to Baugnez.
Insert them into the CCIV folder.

Then put the renamed Malmady BTD (now renamed Baugnez) into the cfg/systems/packages/VETBoB folder

I never back up my files and end up doing a reinstall so I cant go back and look to see what I did with the other Baugnez file thats in the VETBoB folder

Then if you wanted to take it even further you open the Scorngdg files and replace the map name and the preview screen of the map.
Adds for a nice touch, also helps to do the ones TT didnt get a chance to do as well.

Quote:
I tried to change the strcrossedrifles tgafiles with those of cc5, well it happened that after execute movements I cannot view the first of three, that redrimmed "next battle sign" (which shows the next battle, of course!)but only the other two images.
How could it be? I used the cc4 first strcrossedrifle together with the other two images from cc5 and it is visible! (With this method I can see the next battle: the pictures are unfortunately ugly to look at!)

Sorry I did not understand that,maybe a screenshot could help.
If need be you can send them to platoon_michael [at] hotmail [dot] com

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: