Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bladeway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:40 am Post subject: Africa Mod Reply with quote

Hi yall!
I downloaded the AfrikaV1.2 mod plugin. Then i downloaded the AfrikaGC_plg too.
I went to my config mgr and switched to the afrika mod. i went and played a couple games, it was cool.
BUT when i went to try to install the Afrika GC plugin, i got an error message that it wouldn't install beacuase "the sub-mod needed to be installed after the AfrikaV1.1 or AfrikaV1.2 mod were installed. I quickly double checked everything. I had AfrikaV1.2 mod installed. but the GC-plg still wouldn't install over it?
Am i doing something wrong?
Can anyone help? i want to try this campaign
Thanks all

Bladeway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:57 am Post subject: Afrika mod Reply with quote

this is for cc3 by the way.......

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy D's Afrika GC-AfrikaGCJD

A grand campaign for the Africa mod by JimmyD. You need to play this campaign with the option for game ends when all victory locations taken, off.

You will need the following maps: Aero, Bardia2, Birelgo2, Birelgob, Brega, Desert1, Desert2, Deserte2, Djalo, El Adem, Gabr, H208, Halfaya, Kazar, Marsah, Marsah2, Mechili, Oasis, Sidi2, Sidires, Tobrouk, Tobrouk2, Wadis

Its recommended that you play with the Axis on Veteran and with the Allies as either hero or veteran.

Is this the GC your are trying to play??

There are 2 others as well..

Von Runstedt's Afrika GC-AfrikaGC_plug

A grand campaign for the Africa mod by Von Runstedt.

Singleplayer Campaign: Please set the difficulty to "Hero". If you are a good or experienced player, avoid buying artillery units and heavy tanks, especially when playing the British. It could be too easy to defend the poor Korps ;=). If you want, you can also let some of your units rest.

Multi player Campaign: The campaign should be pretty fun to play. Maybe you meet me in the zone rooms, if you want, I am ready to fight!

One general word about supplies and requisition points : If you compare my ops, battles and campaigns to other ones, you will notice that i never give any player over 100 - 150 points ( In most cases). I don´t like big material battles and I think every player should take care of his units instead of wasting them in useless assaults or senseless defense. You even can tell me that there were very big tank battles in the desert, but I think it´s no fun to play with 15 tanks on each side, each side on a hill, and then ... BOOM BOOM BOOM. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLOSE COMBAT! If you like such battles, it is recommended that you switch to Panzer General or Combat mission. Both games offer gigantic material battles.

Now, here´s a list of the maps needed for the campaign : Bardia2, Birelgo, Birelgo2, Brega, Desert1, Desert2, Eladem, H208, Halfaya, Marsah, Marsah2, Sidires, Sidi2, Tob1, Tob2, Gabr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venezia Afrika GC-VeneziaDAK_Afrika

This campaign includes the operation from 27 may 1942 to 20 June 1942: the second Rommel's offensive from the battle of Gazala to the fall of Tobruk. This campaign is best suited for German player Attention! Before play the operation Sidi Muftah copy the enclosed file box150.txt in your cc3 map folder. This because in this operation some of minefileds are cleared from italian infantry in the previous Operation. Remember to save the original box150.txy as a backup file that you can use for further battles. Furthermore before to play the operation The final assault to Tobruk copy the enclosed file kazar.txtin your cc3 map folder. Copy the operation files in cc3datacamps_ops folder Copy the file "Hammer and Anvil" in cc3datacampaign If you copy the operation files in the cc3games battles you can play the single operations. In this case the historical accuracy of Units in the initial deployment is higher. For the highest realism use only the units suggested in the briefing text

Map necessary for the campaign: Kazar, Eladem, Tobruk 1 & 2, Desert 1 & 2, Djalo, Box 150, Marsha, Oasis, Sidrig, Gabr, Saleh, Elalamein 2, Bir El, Gobi 2, Sidi, Rezegh 1 and 2, Wadis, Gazala.

Let em know which one.. Ill plug it into my computer & see if my copies work well.

Got to admit Im pretty sure I HAVE played all fo these with no issues.. so Im sure we can fix it.

Note that Afrika mod, which is a great little mod, has has some small issures with its plugins. It seems some have corrupt install files in plugin. The most common problem is that the CCIMages backgrounds dont load because of typo in txt file. This could be the reason for why your having this problem, perhaps a key file isnt being popped in.

Download Afrika from the CSO here.

http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=34

I just uploaded my reworked version of the Mod. If you still have problem, its got to be something else. I have gone through most fo the plugins available for CC3 & found a few glitches like this I have fixed. With so many files for CC3, each one.. the hundreds of maps, GCs & mods/sub-mods add up to a bunch of little mistakes that pile up. I have painstakenly gone through a good chunk of these.

Let me know please...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: