Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1242
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
7A_Bjorn

Rep: 24.2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:21 pm Post subject: Desert Rats AARs - Operation Compass Reply with quote

AARs from the Italian perspective in the Desert Rats' Operation Compass team op:

Dec 9 AM:

El Hamra vs JB Mac

He came heavy with humbers and vickers tanks. I took out several but not without losses. I lost 2 guns. Our FO took out some of the vickers tanks. We decided to pull back after this battle as we have not that much ground left. Good attack by JB.

Nibeiwa vs JB Mac

Tough deploy here for Brits. They came in from west side with scarce cover. I unleashed arty on a cruader and vickers tank, a hidden 2 pdr was there also. Only 2 pdr died. I lost a 75 pdr and a 37mm at gun to his crusader and arty. He snuck the south vl and at the last 2 min I took out crusader and vickers tank with 2 other guns that I kept hidden til then so they wouldn't be killed by FO.

Sofafi vs Megadeth

Again tough deploy for Brits, NW corner. I had a few half teams up in the bunkers and in trenches they dug in the middle of map. He lost 4 vickers tanks to our guns, although we lost 3 guns too (1 75 pdr, 1 105mm, 1 37mm) to arty and FO primarily. He also lost a 6pdr.

*S* Bjorn

Nideiwa vs megadeath

he tried to do something whit 2 bren carriers i donnu wath but they died and later they mortered my 105 cannon destroyed. at the same time they started a diversion and open fire with 4 inf units and several mortars and FO's i killed the infantry with a 105, 2 47 and some infantry. nofin much happend untill last five min when he sneaked north trying to take that little settlement there. i chrushed him there and took back some area which they had taken.

megadeath played sneaky and bombed the hell out of me.

cheers WeeFunk

Sofafi vs megadeath

I killed his two bren carriers, he FO'd all my guns exept one.

some infantry actions he took north exit vl. hide your guns well on this map or fos gonna take them.

Salut WeeFunk hejsvejs

Dec 10th:

Bir Raghir vs Megadeth:

I held him to the NE corner by knocking out 3 vehicles with FO and I had a few hidden inf teams in the north to stop his sneaking inf from crossing our minefield. Light losses.

Libyan Omar vs JB Mac

Kept him contained to the southern buildings. I wasn't quite strong enough to kick him but did take out one vehicle. I put FO and a 105mm on the hill which punished him, as did mortars. Its a tough fight in the town for both sides. One of the most tactical battles I have played!

Sidi Omar vs JB Mac

He had perfect deploy, part of the camp was his. I defended with inf teams and a gun but little cover on this map. He took out 4 of our guns and I managed to only get a stuart - his matilda's armor was too good at the range I had. He had a perfect set piece attack with infantry covered by tanks and cleared out the camp. The majority of my forces were holding the north so as to prevent a breakthru to the northern maps and our supply in Bardia.

Bir Raghir vs JB Mac

Not much change, I kept them in the NE still and defended with inf teams against his sneaking troops. Took out one more vehicle. Our fortress in the center has excellent bunkers - I have mgs, at guns and inf squads there in case he tries to sneak in or make an open assault across the desert. He did try one sneak to the middle but I had scouts in the open areas in the middle to watch for such a move.

Dec 11th:

Libyan Omar vs JB Mac

Continued infantry house to house fighting here. The main east west road thru town is the standoff - trying to keep the Brits from crossing. Italians lost 1 gun.

Sofafi vs JB Mac

He snuck infantry took east vls, nothing else happened. Italians were asleep in camp Smile

Halfaya Pass vs D6H:

since Italians were being outflanked in the west, tank bg pulled out of pass and this turn the British caught a fresh Italian Inf bg coming in from the east - British raced to grab ground and Italians to get western supply vl to west (Sollum). Great strategic move for the Brits! This pass would have been a beast against the armor bg.

Libyan Omar vs D6H Dec 11th PM

Nailed 2 more armoured cars with FO and 105mm gun, lost a 20mm gun. He took the SW and NW vls with scouts and armoured cars, continued heavy fighting in town. I took heavier infantry losses this time and lost some houses to Brits.

Nibeiwa camp vs D6H:

D6H's men surprised my small garrision in the NW town, taking them down with ease. He also snuck the south vl. No tanks were spotted so my gun crews took a nap.

Sidi Omar vs D6H:

Lost 2 more guns to FO - got one of his guns with my FO. He gained ground with inf assault up the road toward my supply vl. Good fighting, not much cover once the infantry are spotted in the sand.
Held the vl so we can retreat next turn.

Sofafi vs D6H:

He pushed hard with armoured cars and vickers, my men were mostly asleep in the camp but woke up in time to keep him from getting too far inside. The Capitano is pissed that his sentries weren't paying attention! Lost 1 at gun but got 2 armoured cars that tried to park inside the camp Smile

Dec 12th:

Buq Buq vs JB Mac

Light losses, he snuck mostly. I didn't spot many troops til the end when they rushed a little. Bad deploy with little real cover so it was wise to sneak Smile

Halfaya Pass vs JB Mac

Lost 2 guns - opened fire too soon. Did manage to knock out one crusader tank. Held the remaining 3 road vls and kept his inf from crossing the minefields

Sofafi vs D6H

His men started pooring over the walls in the northwest of camp, supported by 2 vickers. A few other armoured cars and a jeep tried to come in and were taken down by a 47mm and mg. I close assaulted one of the vickers with a Platoon leader squad and took him down (surprisingly)

Libyan Omar vs Aikmann

Lost a 40mm at gun and a 20mm gun defending the town. My 105mm on the hill punished his troops in the 2 story buildings. He did take several more buildings though in heavy fighting. My mortars were mostly ineffective in slowing his assault. He also took the SE vl.

If things don't improve for us, The Commonwealth will have Sollum and Bardia before Christmas!

*S* 7A_Bjorn
Commander, Italian 10th Army

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: