Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Hedges13

Rep: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:07 pm Post subject: Sore Losers or Legit? Reply with quote

i have played lots of different mods... but i think GJS is my fav. i have been playing GC1 as the Germans at day 5 now... the allies have long since broken out of the beaches and all... but it seems that, whenever i play someone though and i win they say GJS is unbalanced and leave.... saying the Allies can never win and etc... i tell them that i have been beat plenty of times by other players who have played as Allies and i have in fact won a campaign as allies in GJS... so whats the deal with this GJS is unbalanced crap! i never use more than 3 tanks any of my games... and i lose mark IVs all the time... i'm mean is it legit that the game is unbalanced or do my opponents just SUCK!

i only have one BG with Mark Vs and have only fought one fight... so that is not the issue either...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MSN Messenger

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It tries to be historical, not balanced.

Hedges13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well how is it not balanced?....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MSN Messenger

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sore losers!

The Allies get off to a slow start in most GJS GCs I play. Constantly fighting out of boxes and on the beaches, and losing maps occaisionally piss people off. Eventually though, through attrition and hopefully some good playing, Allies should win. The sheer number of tanks (with reinforce) will crush the Germans.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

not balanced =

german:
-SS troops are superhuman sometimes (i.e. Mg42 survives indirect fire by 3 tanks and kill 20 allied inf.)
-osttruppen have no chace versus brit para
-schreck is too strong

allies:
- more tanks for allies
- tons of support
- unfair setup for para (should be meeting)

i personally never complain... i always play Germans but actually like the weak troops as it is more challenging.

4.5 will be better in that regard I think.

To brave men few words are as good as many

Hedges13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

4.5?? whens that comin out?

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedges13 wrote:

NEVER!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Searry wrote:
Hedges13 wrote:

NEVER!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Searry's right, 4.4 was meant to be the final version of GJS by Attila. Thou Dima I do think was working on a submod.

-Nembo

Hedges13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
4.5 will be better in that regard I think.

such a tease.... Crying or Very sad

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

submod or 4.5 whats the dif. anyway...

most important for historical gameplay is that weapon data is updated...

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Aliies need to get off the beaches asap, and currently with Superman fighting for the Germans in the guise of a sniper, its impossible. I just laugh when German players tell me the German sniper isn't unbalanced. I played one idoit, previously accussed of cheating on this forum, who had 4 snipers on the beach battles. Well gee wiz, why didn't the Germans historically get rid of their machine guns and just use snipers if they were that good. Maybe they would have won the battle of Normandy on the first day.

I know I may receive some replies here saying the German sniper isn't unbalanced, well, guess hwat, you will never play me.

Restricting the Germans to no snipers on beachheads allows the Allies a reasonable chance of getting off quickly. If they don't get off quickly,its game over.

Oh ys, and one of my former esteemed german opponents said the germans are useless without snipers on the beaches. Well, I play the Germans using this rule and I find the germans far from useless.

Please someone fix the stupid german sniper!!!!!!

Mark

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that does not apply for the OST sniper at least....

and i think it is not unbalanced... It is unbalanced if the german snipers is as good as you say he is inland as well, otherwise you have to blame the open beach maps. ( with tanks you can allways supress them and as long u dont order your inf to run, he wont get more than 2-3 kills..)

other issue:
a serious disadvantange for the Germans is that stugs get killed to easy...

As i learned from dima: A sherman can not penetrate frontal armor of stug when its 300 m away (only occasionaly will immo or destroy with lucky shot)... In GJS stugs are just a prey to shermans, that would be sth to balance also...

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
- unfair setup for para (should be meeting)

no, actually the paratroopers were able to take pegaus bridge before the germans got there.

What would H Jones do?

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

think that does not apply for the OST sniper at least...

Wrong, his experience isnt as good, but he shoots faster than Rambo, like any other German sniper. The Allied sniper has about 50% of his fire rate.

and i think it is not unbalanced... It is unbalanced if the german snipers is as good as you say he is inland as well, otherwise you have to blame the open beach maps. ( with tanks you can allways supress them and as long u dont order your inf to run, he wont get more than 2-3 kills..)

They are as good as I say, they perform best in open areas, yes ie, the beachheads. They perform the same on other maps, but OTHER maps are not as VITAL to the outcome of the GC as getting off the beachheads QUICKLY. Now supressing them with tanks, excellent idea, why didnt I think of that. Now lets aim my 75mm over.....over.....over...over....where the bloody hell he is? Do you have any idea how hard it is to spot a sniper? Redundant question really, because by virtue of your statement, the answer would be NO! You could move your tanks closer of course, into the waiting arms of a panzerfaust. Of course running inf gets them killed faster, but I had a 7 man squad on hiding, they died in less than 30 seconds to a single sniper. Thats hiding, not running!

I agree Stugs are too weak, but hey its not a game killer. If the Germans stop the Allies cold or even for too long on the beaches, its all over bar the shouting.

Trust me, take the German sniper off the beaches and you will have a much more enjoyable GC for both sides.

Mark

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree the german sniper is a superman...needs to be fixed.

also and more importantly is the the allied LMG team or Bren team..........the bren really sucks in GJS. it is really useless and i know a few players including myself that dont bother to use it at all, which really cuts down on the amount of teams the allies have. not having a LMG team cuts down the fire power the allied inf has which is poor to begin with IMHO.

the Vickers should have a 4 man crew like the german HMG and more ammo.......1500 Rds still isnt enough. better than 1000 rds tho.

the german shreak is a little too strong too i think.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

stapleton_cotton

Rep: 36.1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

r.e. German snipers
It seems there are a number of assertions being made
1) German snipers are deadly when firing at men lying out in the open
2) they are almost impossible to locate
3) tanks which race forward too quickly in search of snipers often become casualties from AT teams.

er...yes? and?

Perhaps we should just do away with any kind of German resistance on the beach at all? Is there not a mod available where a red carpet has been laid up the beach? Perhaps with some snacks and drinks waiting up on the promenade.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

stapleton cotton.........you ever play GJS as the allies? more than once?

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Give TRSM sub mod a go.........the Brens work, the snipers no longer use 'death rays' Smile , and the beach defence BG's are more like what was there.

Don't forget that during the actual operation at the end of day 1, the British from Gold were preparing to attack Bayeux, which fell the next morning undefended. From Juno the Canadian forward recce patrols were approaching the Carpiquet area, while in the south from Sword Lovets commando had reached the Paras at Pegasus.

Anyone ever done that in GJS?

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

stapleton_cotton

Rep: 36.1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steiner, yes in fact I ONLY play as the Allies. I don´t see what there is to gripe about. I´ve never lost a battle as the Allies!

Incidentally, in a game last night my British sniper killed 21 Germans.

He got the VC, albeit posthumously - a Markl VI finally picked him off.

Pzt_Rasalom

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Steiner, yes in fact I ONLY play as the Allies. I don´t see what there is to gripe about. I´ve never lost a battle as the Allies!

Incidentally, in a game last night my British sniper killed 21 Germans.

He got the VC, albeit posthumously - a Markl VI finally picked him off.

But have you ever played H2H when the german battlegroups don't just run the standard starting crap? Question
Remember the AI just gets your enemy to crawl at you whilst you pick them off.
And more importantly,
Quote:
I´ve never lost a battle as the Allies!

So even when you have a Para BG thats running out of supply, you can still best a fresher German BG? Confused eg 12th SS HJ
Definitely not playing H2H! Mad
Hell anyone can stomp the Germans to dust playing the AI even with the vetmod!

Play against someone who actually moves their troops effectively, not crawl randomly towards your supply VL!

Pzt_Rasalom
21st PD

Any fool with a fast pair of hands can take a tiger by the balls. But it takes a hero to keep squeezing....

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: