Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1226
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I am a tester for SimTek I have been given a unique opportunity and instight into the future of Close Combat.

And although everything is top secret, I will say this:

CC6 will infact be the best thing the Close Combat series has ever seen to date, bar none. The odds of people playing CC5 on the scale that we do now after CC6 is released is slim. I'm not saying it will happen immediately, infact b/c of the following CC5 has, it will probably take some time. And yes there will be tweaks and patches that will need to happen like anyother game, but in time CC5 will go the way of CCIV and CCIII before that.

With that in mind, let the CC5 rerelease happen with a smile. If you want a classic, by it. If not, then use the copy you already have and continue to play H2H with the fanatics who hang out in GS. I highly doubt there will be some big overlap of players with the new version and the old version. CC6 will come before that can ever happen most likely.

So, CC5 rerelease will generate income for the creators as they produce CC6... and beyond.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CC5 rerelease will generate income for the creators as they produce CC6

How many times have we heard its being done for the money now? If thats the motivation behind this product then they are taking Close Combat where it shouldnt be going.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:39 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

yer pretty insulting to be honest,to still be playing that line.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac wrote:

So, CC5 rerelease will generate income for the creators as they produce CC6... and beyond.

Won't CC6 and beyond generate income when they friggin release it? Very Happy

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:02 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
yer pretty insulting to be honest,to still be playing that line.

LOL, insulting? Did I insult you personally? Well that's weird.

Sure, I understand that they're repackaging an old game. Yes, I too would prefer for the powers that be to just put out a final fix, once and for all, free of charge, and be done with it. And yes, making money off of mods that were done free of charge is shit. However, if they get permission first, which I sincerely hope they do, and the creators of the mod okay it, then great. If they don't, well then bad voodo on them.

But I can't help but think if they did have a simple fix that could solve the bugs in CC5 and wouldn't change it's core, meaning that all of the mods we love would still work with it, wouldn't they have done that along time ago? The reality to me (only my opinion here) is that a fix was going to change some significant things about the game, and it wasn't going to be simple, and the mods weren't going to work with it if they did. Which means somebody bought the rights to the game as a business venture, wants to fix it, and wants to make money on it. I'm sorry if this is an unpopular notion, but it just might very well be the truth, right or wrong.

I'm not going to argue over the cost of something or whether we should buy it - if you think it's worth it, buy it, if you don't, then don't.

This post was really more about the potential of CC6 and what a rerelease of CC5 could possibly do for it - Feel free to move it to the CC6 thread as it probably belongs there.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:32 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Pzt Mac said
Quote:
LOL, insulting?

yer,for ignoring what the players really want.CC6.
most dont believe the we cant make CC6 until we resell CC4,CC5 crap.
Quote:
Did I insult you personally? Well that's weird.

no i didnt take it personally at all,it is a debate thread.
2007 as well.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ignoring the fact that people want CC6. Hell, I want CC6 just as much as anyone.

And no, the argument that CC6 won't exist without rereleases is wrong, I agree there.

I'm glad that you didn't take er personally Wink

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Troger wrote:

To their credit, and I've always said this; they did not shy away from the fact of what was done to the mod (basically everything I said above). SO if anyone felt 'cheated' by buying the CC3 re-release, they're idiots, because CSO said exactly what was changed. But that still doesnt allow them to slap a price tag such as $50 for work they basically didnt do....

Matrix is who sets the timeline, thereby effecting what could and could not be done, and Matrix sets the price as well.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Pzt_Mac wrote:

True enough, but remember that it is humans that make these things possible.

Your statement is akin to your boss calling a meeting in the morning, and saying that you will all be working for the next 6 months on a project at work, and during those 6 months you will have to make do without a paycheck, because nobody will be getting paid until sometime after the project is complete.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:
Pzt_Mac wrote:

True enough, but remember that it is humans that make these things possible.

Your statement is akin to your boss calling a meeting in the morning, and saying that you will all be working for the next 6 months on a project at work, and during those 6 months you will have to make do without a paycheck, because nobody will be getting paid until sometime after the project is complete.

Hmm...CC6 and beyond is a professional project/business, right? It's not a mod project I hope Wink
So there should be some initial investment or capital involved...simply put, the developers should have calculated the cost for the development of CC6 (and beyond)...then when they sell the game the sales should be projected to at least cover the cost of development...and after reaching BEP also generate income for the developers.

If the business model is re-selling repackages of older game in the series to pay for the development costs of new games...I don't think that's a very healthy business model Smile
So for the next 'project'...if we expect CC7 to be released...we'll have to put up with a plethora of worthless CC2-CC6 rereleases, repackages, merchandising etc so the developers can come up with enough dough to start developing CC7? Wink

If CSO Simtek and Matrix want to generate some extra income from the series...then at least just stick to releasing Gold Editions, Special Editions, Collectors Edition etc of the series (see my previous posts)...don't confuse the community by releasing reworked versions of the same game that's incompatible with the original releases.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:36 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

thank you Squadleader ID ``thats what im meaning``

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That post was totally worthless

So if they called it CCIV GOLD

you would be happy to see it?
What a joke.

Just bitching to be bitching arent you?
Is it that time of the month for you?

5 years ago you would have BEGGED for this kind of attention.
Now that it's here you just want to talk trash.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:
That post was totally worthless

What a joke.

Did you bother to read the posts from the beginning??
The point of this thread is oppinions about CSO Simtek/Matrix releasing a reworked version of CC5 that might be incompatible with the original version (like what they did with CoI).
So...like I said before (a few times!)...why not just rerelease a CC5 Platinum Edition (compatible with the original version, compatible with the mods, compatible for H2H)...add some extra disc or a DVD with extra maps, campaigns, scenarios or whatever.
Reap some cash from the older series without cluttering and confusing the CC Community with new-reworked-versions-but-basically-just-the-same-5-year-old game-tweaked-a-bit-here-and-there. Rolling Eyes

CSO Simtek hoping to pay for the development of CC6 from the sales of CC2-CC5 rereleases...now that has got to be a joke, right? Wink

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Platoon Micheal said
Quote:
What a joke.

I wouldnt id think CC4 Gold might get confused with CC4 battle of the bulge.
Sort of like how CC3 is now.

Quote:

well some are saying the same about you,but ill cut u some slack,and say i dont care if they rip the CC4 community,if all 5 or 6 of you want it rebuilt.

Quote:

are you referring to a womens menstrual cycle? my guess would be the average CC5 player is not using the same female hormone pills as you.

Quote:

mmmm....5 years ago i recall players saying it would be kool if they supported their product,and released a fix to some obvious bugs.Of course we never thought about paying for it,and their was calls for CC6 5 years ago too,but as u see we still waiting.Its not enough for people like you that we still support the game today.

nothing personal....let the debate flow

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this topic show us how CC rework, new opus etc, affect and occupy
all the community. Get a place to know what to do, what will be fine to see
and what we dont want to see is good. Very confortable.
But dont you feel to speak with a wall? I means, we speak together.
we exchange some very nice idea. But this discution seems without interest
because no person in charge does not seem to take these ideas like serious.
In fact When some CSO Simtek member come on the forum to reply in this topic.
It is always for defending theirself but never to speak about our ideas.
Look when this topic was open and count how many time CSO came
to reply. Now count how many time they spoke about the idea than this topic contains.
I hope just to see a real discution between the developer and us.
I suppose it was what MOOXE wondered too when he posted this topic.
And i suppose it was what every one who replyed to this topic wondered.
Well maybe they think than it exist a better site where speaking about CC.
Maybe they think than CSO site is the only one where to be able to speak officialy about CC.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappi is spot on... if cso developers need money to release cc6 .. go to your bank.. dont expect us to buy some non compatible ccv re realease bullshit to raise money first , at the expence of all the community minded mod makers.. i support them first... they have allready delivered for me... an all they ever asked was my opinion.. then they gave me patches.. more then matrix ever delivered after paying for the game..

"percute et percute velociter"

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
well some are saying the same about you,but ill cut u some slack,and say i dont care if they rip the CC4 community,if all 5 or 6 of you want it rebuilt.

Yea I know that stinks all 5 or 6.And 3/4's of them probably can't stand me.

Quote:
my guess would be the average CC5 player is not using the same female hormone pills as you.

Now thats a good one.I laughed at that one.

And no I didnt read all the posts,I feel no need to.
But how does one get somebody to fix/ or re-release something unless somebody works on it?
And if somebody works on it they either do it for free or they do it for money?
In this case it happens to be for money.
My opinion may suck and my sense of humor not appreciated,but im almost willing to bet at some point and time someone somewhere will figure out how to make the old/new compatable.

Heck it might even be as simple as sending the old gammer the .exe and maybe a few other files.
I don't know,but I hope so.

and btw I take nothing personal

hata

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all this re-release was part of the agreements when simtek negotiated with Matrixgames regarding publishing cc6.

So, even simtek heard our voices loud, they can do nothing about it and have to do what being told by Martixgames.

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hata wrote:
So, even simtek heard our voices loud, they can do nothing about it and have to do what being told by Martixgames.

Spot on...but nobody seems to hear that when we say it. But that's ok...I enjoy donating/volunteering hundreds of hours for these projects and seeing everybody moaning and whining that they are not being listened to....they are, it's just not Simtek's call. But please everyone, keep complaining, I find it so motivating to help me continue the hard work and keep me facing toward the final goal.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
hata wrote:

Spot on...but nobody seems to hear that when we say it. But that's ok...I enjoy donating/volunteering hundreds of hours for these projects and seeing everybody moaning and whining that they are not being listened to....they are, it's just not Simtek's call. But please everyone, keep complaining, I find it so motivating to help me continue the hard work and keep me facing toward the final goal.

So are we to believe Simtek has absolutely no say whatever on what changes are to be made? Its just some remote controlled satellite zombie buffer company? These revelations just keep stacking the deck against any success that could be made here.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: