Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1228
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
hata wrote:
So, even simtek heard our voices loud, they can do nothing about it and have to do what being told by Martixgames.

Spot on...but nobody seems to hear that when we say it. But that's ok...I enjoy donating/volunteering hundreds of hours for these projects and seeing everybody moaning and whining that they are not being listened to....they are, it's just not Simtek's call. But please everyone, keep complaining, I find it so motivating to help me continue the hard work and keep me facing toward the final goal.

Ouch! Shocked
Gotta applaud Matrix...now they have the (mighty) CC Series in their hands...and they don't have to put money upfront for the development of the upcoming sequels...from what you're saying, looks like Simtek is doing all the dirtywork to get the wheels rolling again. Matrix even took their friggin time releasing CoI when Simtek already delivered the game, right? Yup doesn't look good people.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:

Spot on...but nobody seems to hear that when we say it.  But that's ok...I enjoy donating/volunteering hundreds of hours for these projects and seeing everybody moaning and whining that they are not being listened to....they are, it's just not Simtek's call.  But please everyone, keep complaining, I find it so motivating to help me continue the hard work and keep me facing toward the final goal.

Like it isn't known that former close combat players work for Matrix! If anyone at Matrix bothered to play CoI they would have noticed everything included in the game was basically a mod and that it never deserved such a price.

A 'timeline' for a re-release!? What a laugh.It's CC3 plus existing mods!

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy this topic sure does seem to get meaner by the minute.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:11 pm Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Uch.....

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3825

I dont get it, was not this one of the arguments used by Sim?? Or is it a one off?

?

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:

Jeez I guess. But a flamer flames for flaming Rolling Eyes

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:00 pm Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac wrote:
platoon_michael wrote:

Jeez I guess. But a flamer flames for flaming Rolling Eyes

Or defence for defending the defender? :zzz

jomni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the original modders get some sort of compensation or commission from the repackaged games?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

jomni wrote:
Do the original modders get some sort of compensation or commission from the repackaged games?

Good question, I believe the original Real Red modder was consulted and actively participated in the COI release.

As far as payment goes, that might be a delicate question, as a few of the COI team seem to have left the building permanently.......

I hope CC5 gets re-released, sorry if that upsets anyones mod collection. Schreken has done a great job of updating CC3 mods for COI, the same can be done for a re-release of CC5.

Most of the COI criticism is about money, I bought it and I'm happy with it , that's all I can say.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:

... Most of the COI criticism is about money, I bought it and I'm happy with it , that's all I can say.

I dont agree.
It's not only about the price...

Look at what COI offered to CC3.
New graphic, sound, etc...? Well many mod offered that already since many years.
MMCC3? Well it was under development for many years. And if u look closely
u can see many problm. Like u cant see who is online, just know how many are.
U cannot speak with them, how to settled a specific game on this way.
Vehicles pathfinding? In fact CC3 get the better pathfinding coding after CC2.
So i dont guess it was updated, and if it was, it's simply "stupid" cos i never
saw CC3 vehicle turning in circle to reach a target on CC3 except when driving
thought a minefileds or an unpassable point.
In fact the major things who create debate around CC3 release is, i guess :
They did a rerelease alone in their room ( all the re release staff ) while
all the community waiting for a CC6 maded by the staff of all the community Wink

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Troger, you really have no clue. Two companies, that are not Simtek, make the decisions on these things.

I am not part of the re-releases, so I couldn't tell you anything but the politics. To say that my hard work, and that of another well respected graphics guy, is 'importing mods'...is just another statement from someone who is not involved, that reaffirms my opening statement.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Having all the bugs fixed for CCV and then adding a 2 on 2 for online gameplay would make for a huge sell I think.

Most mods for CCV have big enough maps that could support 4 people playing.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:55 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

can any1 provide a quick update on this thread?
i dont think ive read anything since page 5.
and simply not interested enuff to read it
but would like to know.
p.s no propaganda u ugly muthas!

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Update of This Thread

Opinions vary widely

Opinions are open to discussion

Opinions are opinions
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no news anywhere at the moment. Lets hope its stalled indefinetly or cancelled entirely. A summary of all my previous posts would be... we want new material not a recylced game (which will be incompatible with all current versions of CC5).

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:48 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

that makes 2 opinions the same!

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

With the restructuring of Simtek, creation of Strategy 3 Tactics and the development forums move to Matrix, it looks like things have started to spin again.

I find it very frustrating to on the path that is being taken.

What is the goal of this re-release?

It will surely not revitalize the modding or online gaming community to any noticable level in the long run. The euphoria of CC5 and the CC engine of 1 vs 1 play are long dead. This game, with map enhancements, bug fixes will not appeal to many. You have to ask, did people leave the game because of maps? Did they leave becauce of bugs? The majority would say no. They left because its old, there more fun games out there, and 1 vs 1 is just not how things happen anymore.

The only way the CC code can be made appealing these days is by making it multiplayer with continuing engagements. This is the ONLY way. Modern Tactics cant do it because of its modern setting, no auto connect from a lobby and no continuing engagements....bugs bugs bugs... Even with a patch, it will be in vain. This game died before it got pushed out (and pushed out too early).

Everybody knows that we need a multiplayer continuing battle mode.

In almost every wishlist over the past decade its been mentioned. They say it will take two years with no for sure chance of success, well then give it a shot because we've waited 10 years already! CoI, CCMT, and the CC4 and CC5 rereleases will only be in vain. Map enhancements, bug fixes, the old games on the store shelves is not whats needed. CC must be taken to the next level of gaming if there is to be any reasonable amount of success.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right: CC is and old game; they should spend some money also in improving graphics; vehicles and bildings must be done in 3D; so we would have auto-shadows and right angle of the light over vehicles, and more frames during movment, and more options of burning-damaging vehicles and buldings; don't need 3D for zoom or rotating view, just for a more detailed battlefield; we need a hause to be complitly destroyed; we need a tank with the turret damaged, or the engine burning, but still operating. And we need more frames even for soldiers; they are tooo tooooo toooo old. They should have 100 times more frames; digging, reloading, entering a room, shooting, fighting, hidding, assaulting... more weapons in theyr hands, more of all; those are things that also a small team of programmer can do, but not modders like we. The game can be let the same, but in 2007 need a new graphic (smokes, explosions... did you saw helicopters in CCMT??? HORROR!!), and, as you say, new multiplayer capability.

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion:

- I will buy a new version o CCV even with the same graphics and near - no changes - just with bugs fixed and some improvments added. I know that the developer should make it for free - CCV with bugs is an incompleted program and things like bugs shouldnt exist. So making a rerelease of CCV, and asking money for this is not fair...
But from an another hand - all of us are not fair towards developers either (I belive there is noone who havent pirated anything before - mp3's etc Wink. So, once again - Simtek and Matrix - fix the bugs, PLEASE, DO NOT make any other, add some slight improvments and I will spend for this my money - just DO IT FAST Smile

To be honest - I DO NOT complain on graphics etc - I think it is better then it would be in 3d. Also, such a realism level, such an "approach" to the tactical and strategic level - all suit me.

I was even thinking how much would it be to buy the copyright fo the program/code. What if I were the owner, what would I like to add, change...
Era? No, WW2 theater for 'close combat' kind of game is the best. Lets take WW1 - no fun - for maps used in CC, there would be one long trench on the bottom of the map, same one on the top and... and nothing else. Boring.
Modern Era? With all those ATrocket weapons? Perfect sniper rifles? For such *small* area like we play on CC tanks would be completly usless and snipers would be the Masters of Death... Bigger maps? Then it wouldnt be a *close combat* anymore but simply a whole battlefield... Not exacly what I am expecting.

Other scenarios, areas, seazons? Yes, but this game is more or less modders friendly... So as one of those improvments I mentioned at the beging, lets make this game simply even MORE modders friendly. Such a move (tools for modders) in this rerealase will make an easy and fast reborn of the community with all GJS, SAS and Stalingrad mods... What kind of tools? Maybe an easy editor of unit statistics (firepower, "aromur" or whatever there is so If I am pissed of a super-rambo-commando German sniper in GJS I simply lower his stats to the allied level;)

Maybe some changes of the strategic field - that one could mix BGs together or move 2 BGs at the same spot... For me, Campaigns are the cream of the game.. That is why I didnt buy CCMT...

At the end: this game is ALMOST an ultimate game for me and I am ready to pay AGAIN for so much fun. And yes, I am ready to pay for what I have already paid for - for fixing bugs only - my helath is much more valuable for me then those bucks (which are getting cheaper and cheaper;) - you cannot even imagine how pissed I am when I see a crash after disbanding one of yours BGs in one of our GC's Wink

PS
Im playing CCV since it appeared.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Kojusoki. I don't need graphics, maps or sound changes just code changes to fix the bugs. Any additional changes on top of that would be a bonus.

CC5 is my favorite version of CC and I would pay to get it fixed so that my favorite game (and platform for the mods) was even better.

Vman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I think it's a bad idea for another re-release.

CoI didn't do enough to attract new players, so this "getting the name out there again" bit isn't as effective as it sounds.

Their funds are limited, and I don't know how much they expect to retain from this re-release. It would be best if they just focused on CC6 and get on to creating their next CC with that new engine I've been hearing about.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: