Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1226
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If it wasn't for Destineer and Simtek CC would be dead.

I can only disagree with you on that. Would we all of just quit if they didnt pick up the ball? We've only been given CoI, and some smoke and mirrors about the next version. We started CCS right before both those companies picked up CC. We wouldnt of started this site if we noticed the game was dieing out. We started it because it was going strong.

Quote:
Simtek is a small group but they are all we have as a CC community and they definitely will not grow if the only way people will support CC is by saying they will only download free patches for 10 + year old games....

I disagree again. We have more to this community than Simtek. Like I said Simtek is still new and is only about 2 years old?

Quote:
2 - bring in money which increases the chance that we do get a new CC

Are you saying the new CC is still a dream? Simtek is saying its coming. So exactly what chances are being played here?

Quote:
4 - improve the platform that the community mods run on
..... a - fixed bugs, commander importance, game volume control, etc.
..... b - modswap is better than the CC config managers
..... c - Matrix is converting the mods (10 so far for COI)

Those are good ideas, but in reality I think the best thing is to just make CC6 rather than keep fixing older versions. These would of been awesome fixes a few years ago.

Quote:
split more with the re-releases but that already happened with CC2 to 5

Big difference here. The releases of CC brought a NEW GAME to the table, not a patched up version of the same one.

Quote:
The money these companies get may allow for CC6 and more to be done.

Telling people to buy the re-releases so we MAY get a chance at CC6 is really a bad form of marketting. Its like teaching a dog (thats us) to do a trick (buy rerelease) so he gets the biscuit (CC6).

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Release a free patch to fix the bugs.
For money...re-release commercially CC5 with the patch...say market it as "Gold Edition" "Platinum Edition", or "Collectors Edition" etc. I'm sure a lot of old CC5 players will buy a well packaged rerelease (maybe add extra discs with maps, ops/GCs).
For compatibility issues with new OS/Systems...just work on a good launcher program to deal with the problem.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeesh,can't you guys take a joke?

A free patch for CCV would be the ideal thing to have.

But

If they add more to the game why can't they charge for it?
There are other bugs lke the hidden veiwing of your opponents FP behind the "P"

Having an online stable CCV is a win/win for everyone.Just the meere fact that were getting one after all these years is amazing to me.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Release a free patch to fix the bugs.
For money...re-release commercially CC5 with the patch...say market it as "Gold Edition" "Platinum Edition", or "Collectors Edition" etc. I'm sure a lot of old CC5 players will buy a well packaged rerelease (maybe add extra discs with maps, ops/GCs).
For compatibility issues with new OS/Systems...just work on a good launcher program to deal with the problem.

Squad leader hits the nail on the head here...but ill throw the dog a bone, and when i say dog im talking about the developers not the community..as Squadleader said release a patch for the bugs we got now... and make sure its compatable with our mods.. for free.. (since we never got a patch after allready paying for the original game) then repackage the patched version as gold edition or whatever, the majority of this community will re buy the version just to have it tucked away in there vaults.. so lets do the figures there.. umm.. 15000 in the community say $50 abouts.. hmmm now say 2/3rds community buy it, ill be blowed 1/2 a mill, then get on with developing cc6 say another 10,000s buys it theres another 1/2 mill, what im getting at here as im sure destineer, simtek, matrix know.. this is where there buyer base is..this is where there game will filter out from by word of mouth to the other 100,000 players that we talk to about this game who dont ever see the community but are still buyers of the game this is where they get there quick turnover from release ..this is where they can cover there production costs and this is where and i mean the community, we have the power to get what we want... not where they can feed us crap and make us roll over, as a community (you will see unity in that word) we have a very real stake in this game, i think messes simtek, destineer and matrix should take Squadleaders thoughts to heart, if their prepared to keep the community happy by throwing us a bone ( the compatable patch) and we get to keep our mods.. im prepared not to bite them by not buying a patched version that will allow me to use the communities mods and look favourably at buying cc6 if they get around to it... but please dont shove this other crap at me..if they think there marketing campaign can out market this community their wrong..theres been more hours spent building,refining, improving, and selling this game for free.. then they can ever match,, so have a think about that, before you put some bells and whistles on my bike and take the bloody tyres off.

"percute et percute velociter"

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see where the new owner of the rights to CC has any obligation to give any of you something for free.
Would it have been nice to have had years ago? sure it would.

Dividing the community?
I don't know the answer to that, time will tell.

But look at it this way your/our game is getting new life,how can you be disspleased with that?

Oh thats right it costs money

And if you Mooxe dont like my posts the bann me,it's your site Mooxe do what you like.
But if I can post I will post what I wish to.

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need is CC compatibility with next generation operating systems. That's the biggest threat to the survivability of this game.

I appreciate what Simteck is doing, though if we can't play CC on our new comps then there's really no point in re-releasing anything.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like COI! It sounds like a confession around here but hey -

Any way, the game plays well, doesnt crash, and it's fun! There's 10 mods available and always a player somewhere to fight with.

Downside - Firewall problems, not compatible, $50 aus, marketing confusion.

So, for a CC5 re-release -

1) - Fix the firewall hassles! MOST important

2) - Simtek says it couldnt implement the changes and keep it compatible. Squadleader's idea is good, but it wont happen. It will kill sales of the re-release if a free patch is available.

3) - I paid $50 for COI, I paid $80 for CC5 years ago when it was new. COI is a better game Out of the Box. What's the issue?

4) - A lot of people thought they were getting a completely new game. CC5 re-release should be called "Gold Edition" "Platinum Edition", or "Collectors Edition" etc. - Good Idea.

Also, use Gamespy, not BHQ. It has more players on it. I think there is some politcs involved here. I think BHQ is a better program, its simpler to use, but the players are on GS. If the firewall issue is resolved it will be easier still.

Grunt

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:

2) - Simtek says it couldnt implement the changes and keep it compatible. Squadleader's idea is good, but it wont happen. It will kill sales of the re-release if a free patch is available.

4) - A lot of people thought they were getting a completely new game. CC5 re-release should be called "Gold Edition" "Platinum Edition", or "Collectors Edition" etc. - Good Idea.

Yeah...my idea was what I thought to be the 'ideal win-win solution'...but in the real world...may not happen Smile

But if the "Gold Edition" is well packaged (with extra stuff, maybe extra discs or even on DVD, new more comprehensive rulebooks, historical notes etc) a lot of CC5 players would buy it...the collector's item factor should rope in a lot of sales. Also since the game is 5 years old...some CC5 owners might just want to replace their worn out CDs...but I bet a lot more would buy the game just to complete their CC series collection.
So pricing is important here...Simtek/Matrix might have to sell CC5 Gold Edition as a budget price release. But I don't think that's gonna happen either Wink

Pzt_Wruff wrote:

What we need is CC compatibility with next generation operating systems. That's the biggest threat to the survivability of this game.

I appreciate what Simteck is doing, though if we can't play CC on our new comps then there's really no point in re-releasing anything.

Like I mentioned before...the compatibility issue can be fixed with a good launcher program. Something like CC Launcher...combine it with a CPU slowdown program to fix the fast scrolling...better yet a slowdown program for fast gaming video cards.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:
I don't see where the new owner of the rights to CC has any obligation to give any of you something for free.
Would it have been nice to have had years ago? sure it would.

Dividing the community?
I don't know the answer to that, time will tell.

But look at it this way your/our game is getting new life,how can you be disspleased with that?

Oh thats right it costs money

And if you Mooxe dont like my posts the bann me,it's your site Mooxe do what you like.
But if I can post I will post what I wish to.

Michael.. i think you missed my point.. when you say our game (CCV) is getting new life.. are you still playing ccv or its mods ? as far as i can see the majority of the community are playing its mods ( supplied here for free by people who love this game ) if the patch isnt compatable then the re release of the same game isnt compatable with us.. why not just get on with making cc6.. if the new owners of ccv rights expect to sell the base game to this community , then they better listen to want we want.. because i for one aint gunna spend my money on ccv again, just to lose my mods.. so yes i am displeased with the concept just as you should be ( do you really want to play ccv without the bugs and sacrifice everybodys hard work on their mods ) i dont see whats so hard about the concept of a compatable patch for free.. then remarketing the "gold edition" i know i would buy it to have my bug free copy compatable with current mods as my second copy to put away for safe keeping...newbies will also buy the game and then be able to download the plethora of mods that keeps this game going.. then simtek should get on with building cc6 that where all waiting for... then the community will be modding it for years to come... as far as i can see we hold the cards for there sucsess.. so united we stand divided we fall as will there company if we dont buy it...no they dont owe us anything for free.. what im saying to them is dont give us ccv again( stoped playing it 5 years ago)in a version that isnt compatable with our mods and expect us to jump thru hoops to buy it... if they want us to buy the game and cc6 after.. how about they make it compatable and we may support the company..if we all stick to gether here this is achievable im sure.. this is a very big buying block as im sure they know... it is possible that they see the modders of this game as a threat to there sales we need to let them know that the modders of this game will increase their sales not detract from them..BTW as far as i can see mooxe was trying to keep the argument on this subject .. not to make a list of what was wrong with ccv, we all know the problems are well listed, and secondly i havent got a problem spending money on somthing that increases my fun but have with somthing that means im stuck with a game i was playing 6 years ago and cant use to play what mod im enjoying now.. just dosnt make value to me..

"percute et percute velociter"

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:57 am Post subject: future of cc... Reply with quote

future operating systems somebody was talking about,

i have Vista Home premium, on a second HDD, as its not compatable....YET...with HD TV tuner, and ATI driver for my graphics(told 6 months max). but i have CCV(windows 98 compatibility mode) working FINE. CoI works with windows XPsp2 compatibility mode, a 5 second operation(right click on CCV/CoI .exe(icon on desktop) click on properties,the compatibility(make selection of operating system) them click on "apply".

blackstump was talking about 'losing mods' i can tell ya, with CoI,10 mods out(note some getting fixed such as WF10(was 9.1) and vietnam v2 is coming(im testing tonight for simtek) and i can assure you all mods are coming, some are going at it hammer and tong. not just the same, but better!CCV will be surely also be released with major mods(guessing GJS,stalingrad,afrika) at CSO at the same time as commercial release.

cc6 is a major task, look shit happens when u get a rushed game(cciv had maps reduced in size, and quantity(who remembers azinos fiasco lol) and ccv bugs where frequent!

espree de corp

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents;

Well, what a news, for each one, player, moder, mapmaker, it must be amazing to read than CCV will be redone and that not for free.

Think about this: How a team can make a rerelease of a game when they didnt released any official patch for this game?
Personnaly i guess than if CCV is still played and survived it's mostly cos of
YOU, cos of US. Without some people, without all the player, all the moder CCV would already R.I.P.
That's why i think about CSO simtek and Matrix isnt the good way.
Personnaly i would, if i was able to had any chance to be hearing, i would
say why making price money for any CC older opus rereleased? As those
game is old, been officially in "sleep" by developer so far.

For me Matrix should try to give to the CC community some piece of gift like making any re release for free. Just redone some CC2/3/4/5 DVD and group
them in a Box for a special Gold edition at small price u ll be able to buy all
the CC opus for 50$US. Then any rerelease will be free to download while the community is waiting for CC6.

But i know why they doing that, it's just publicity for CSO simtek and
nothing more. Personnaly i was a CC fan since the begining of the first opus
and personnaly i dont think i ll buy any re release of CC cos i guess i payed
enought in time, money so far for CC.

Other think is: How a developer can make a redone when they dont recruit
our CC veteran? Apparently the team who worked on COI will work on CCV
rerelease, what a joke. They should recruit some of our veteran to help them on what to add to this new CCV.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.

Last edited by ZAPPI4 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

my cents, its a fuckin rip off to charge 49USD for a game like Cross of Iron! Its been out since ages. Althow it may be a great game, its just way too much money than whats is honourable. Siding Zappi somehow, I think it would be super with a GOLD edition or such of all CC games and mods and then you could charge like 40USD and get away with it. But hey, try to connect a bit with us thats been here most of the time since CC5, having a community that actually inspired the mod makers to keep on going at certain points. Zappi's idea of having some contact with the old CC5 vanguard for instance wouldnt be bad? We played this game for so many hours on hours, discussing every aspect of it. We will also have something to say about things and how they ought to work. Just some god damn ideas to share anyway.

Ceci tuera cela

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:10 pm Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Yehhh !

I would prefer to get CC6 first…

Gold ver...
Ultimat CC-Dream pack.. Maybe not everyone’s dream, some will not play this and that ver, but, all in one place, will make community stronger. Play over diff CC ver is possible, easy, take a CC5 game until the CC3 player comes or vice versa. .. Price tag of ??$

Gold Ver..... Razz :

Ye, Always someone to play..
Yes, a dream come true…
How to?? Diff exe or whatever... I don’t know...

No matter what... A developer ought in there best interest talk to the main users..
We are the CC5 gamers...
Understand our complains, wishes and our dreams.. Then after reality have its limitations, maybe something can come out that is good..
What good for users will be good for developer...

Stalky

PS: CC3 and COI, I have during last 24 houres, been in CC3 game room 8 times, at one time there was a single player there, the rest of times it was empty.... As i here BHQ is emty to..
In CC5 there was at same times 8 to 11 players, and at one time only 2 players.

nikits72

Rep: 41

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:46 pm Post subject: my 2 cents... Reply with quote

but i dont know if i ll pay for the re-release.It too soon to say. I ll wait and see what will be in there.

Having in mind that we may be in a hurry to make conglution before we see the actual release (will it be something funny like CoI? or something better?)
Although ,from what i read here, it doesnt sound interesting.
But a re-release ,cannot harm the community (this one). I am sure mooxe e.t.c. will create the appropriate sub-forums Smile so noone will get lost from one more title (if it can be told likewise).

In the contrary.It might be good for the community.

Simtek is a company.
Companies are to gain money.
Even with silly (actually funny) tries as CoI or a cc5 re-release they earn money .
It is ok with me but i am bothered the way they try to do it.But it is their right to do it (since they got the rights Wink )
Some Veterans of the CC community may feel offended -or even angry- from a so superficial approach to the subject (or so we think).Specially when so many serious mods (like GJS e.t.c. were made for free).

Though, Simtek is not taking much care right now of what CC comunity wants or says (orelse they would make cc6,hopefully in their future plans).
They approach the market in global and they dont work 4 the community ,nor they spend their time on how to help the community cause they know we like CC and will follow ANY (good or bad) CC product ,one way or another ,even for a short period of time ,only as much needed as to give the bucks (even from curiosity to a new CC product).

So the question of how/why Simtek will help the community with a re-release is out of subject (as it seems up to now at least).

The community is here for so many years no matter what.
Have no fear,no harm will be done.Possibly the opposite.

Thx 4 reading this.
Nik.

P.S.1 Thus said having in mind that :
-The interests of the community are not always the same with the interests of the company.
-We should be patient to see first the re-release.

P.S.2. Really ,i am so curious.Is there any reply ,any post from someone from Simtek somewhere around this forum or they totally ignore us?
If there is ,please give me the url to read ,orelse i still love them since they make something (even close to nothing-->see CoI) for CC.

nikits72 with the unexploding grenade...

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:24 am Post subject: lol Reply with quote

I do 'testing' for simtek, and i can assure you, there r many others testers here,and some working for simtek are regulars here! almost all are instantly recognisable 'CC Grognads' it shocked even me!

I volentired my time to make it 'good' offer imput and improve the re releases!

And its good to know i can have some imput into cc6 when it comes down(from heaven).

I also concur, a re release cant hurt, like CoI, it bought new blood, and i been hooked for months...remembering i quit cc3 some years ago,i wont return to the 'stock' or even moded version.

espree de corp

nikits72

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that Anzac_Tack is involved somehow.

Do me a favour mate. Protest or suggest for a cc6 title to simtek.
(Maybe you have already done Wink )

With all the respect to your effort for the betatesting of the re-releases and the changes that these titles have we all know that it is not something that we should HUuuraaaahhhh about. Is it?

Thx,
Nik.

P.S. My question above is retorical and goes to CoI .

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Tacky, I've been doing testing for Simtek. Granted, Tacky only works when there is free beer involved, but he does what he can (Tacky says, "Fosters is the greatest beer in the world").

But from everything that I've heard, CC6 is being produced. And it's not just on the drawing boards, it's actually in the creating/testing phase. So, having an updated CC3 and CC5 with a CC6 right around the corner is fine by me when it's all said and done.

nikits72

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac also involved?
Cool.
And with cc6 being produced not so bad after all eh?

Thx,
N.

P.S. Athough cc6 is being produced for so many years now,or so it was rumored all this time Twisted Evil (Excuse me mates for this caustic humorous comment)

P.S.2 So ,if we want to show some good will ,might the re releases are the introduction -to make some noise around for CC to the world ,before the actual CC6 title. (Crowd's voice----->Yeah ,right Twisted Evil )

Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:19 pm Post subject: Interesting Posts Guys Reply with quote

Hia Guys,

Ok, the for and against on any re-release has been gone over ad-nauseum. Simple, vote with you wallet Wink

CC6 is happening and is already underway! This will be a bigger advance than seen in any previous version jump before. Much bigger than CC2 to 3 or 4 to 5. This is not only off the drawing board but underway. Not giving too much away, but it will have 5 seperate campaigns and a whole raft of new stuff.

Work will also be starting on what will effectively be CC7. New engine, but CC to the core!

On any testers etc, you all know who you are and NDA's are there for a reason guys! Tak and all of the testers do a very good job and I am bloody sure will have fun testing CC6.

Oh, and I am NOT Spartacus Wink Sulla or Ceaser were much better IMHO <G>

Sulla

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:57 pm Post subject: Re: Interesting Posts Guys Reply with quote

Sulla wrote:
Hia Guys,

Ok, the for and against on any re-release has been gone over ad-nauseum. Simple, vote with you wallet Wink

CC6 is happening and is already underway! This will be a bigger advance than seen in any previous version jump before. Much bigger than CC2 to 3 or 4 to 5. This is not only off the drawing board but underway. Not giving too much away, but it will have 5 seperate campaigns and a whole raft of new stuff.

Work will also be starting on what will effectively be CC7. New engine, but CC to the core!

On any testers etc, you all know who you are and NDA's are there for a reason guys! Tak and all of the testers do a very good job and I am bloody sure will have fun testing CC6.

Oh, and I am NOT Spartacus Wink Sulla or Ceaser were much better IMHO <G>

Sulla

Sulla, it has been gone over alot, but not on these forums. People will tend to express different feelings when not having the developer team moderating thier posts.

To sum up all my feelings on it, I am happy CC6 is being developed, but I just wish CC5 wasnt being redeveloped.

People who stand behind the saying that any new release is good for the community probably dont remember RtB or understand the shotgun effect on sales and advertising.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: