Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
dehm

Rep: 28.3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:26 pm Post subject: GC Inland GJS DAK_dehm vs Mr_fd Reply with quote

Note: I will translate the AAR to English but my poor level limits me. I will be translating the text day by day.

Here begins a GC where allies and germans will fight for Normandy Control. The facts I will write represent the allies point of view.

GC rules:

- Inland GC: in order to have a look over the cats.
- The sides are Krauts for Mr_fd y Tommies for DAK_dehm
- Battles: 15', line troops.

The idea is to finish it though we all knew is very dificult to fight all the GC.

Mr_fd2 have defeated me playing a SAS OP and would be very hard oponent. It will be difficult to win.

Inteligent told us the enemy dont have any problem in massive tank use and the facts have demostrate his attack capacity.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the high enemy troops numbers and their positions on the map we decide to give them the iniciative and try to find meeting in another maps where we can overhelm them.

We have time, soldies and tanks so prudence is the rule. We advance into Caen west, over Abbaye D'Ardenne with the pursuit of press the german center and try to cut their supply lines.

In the first minutes in Abbaye it was clear that the battle was a run to the posittions. With our Shermans i decided to use the roads in order to have large vision and punish any enemy advance.

The north zones were quickly under control while Shermans take positions in the center and use the roads to stop enemy run. From the church tower we had very good battle's view.

The infantry took several zones and fire a 7.5 Tank Hunter inmovilizing it. A 88 cover the map near it so it was dangerous to get close and to take the south chateau buildings.

Past the inicial runs i sent two rifle's teams, a platton and a support team to the Chateau while my mortars fire over enemy infantry triying the same thing.

We had less soldiers there but our infantry push the enemy and finally solved the situation in an unbalanced fight. A Sherman was sent in suppor missions but was damaged by the 88's shots and i had to order it to retreate.

So large shots against the top of the buildings taken by the german was the only support in that flank. Finnaly i decided to try again and send another Sherman but 88 acuracy was perfect and it was blown out.

At the battle's end we had the north, center and good positions at the Chateau. A good beginning.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretteville's battle seems to be hard.

It was a meeting too so the inicial run's would be very important. I decided to take good positions so choose units with high speed: a stuart, a scout vehicule and a M10 Royal Artillery to have some force against enemy jagpanzers.

By order side i choose two guns for south defense if the enemy arrive there. They cover from Train Stations to east zone hedges.

As always a great numbers of inicial runs. Sturt crossed the bridge and run to south while the M10 took fire position in center crossroad to shoot any enemy using the north to south road.

Scout vehicule run to north in order to disturb germans and get time to other units to take the south.

The infantry run and move to several positions making a good defense perimeter but three jagpanzes began to open fire.

The Stuart and Piat take the important VL in south west and opened fire over a enemy infantry unit trying to take it.

The M10 and a Jagpanzer shooted one against other but several shoots after the M10 was destroyed.

The scout vehicule fired the enemy teams and play cat-dog game with a jagpanzer in the hedges. The idea was to got the jagpanzer out of the hedges in order to use my guns... the idea worked and it was destroyed.

Finally a MG42 and several infantry teams neutralized the scout vehicule. Another Jagpanzer tried to take out my gun but the 17 destroy it.

After this the battle was passive and it ends with two jagpanzers and a M10 less. Both sides have very strong positions. It would be vital in next days.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In Livrey the General was worried. The air forces had discovered several Tigers so AT defense was a priority: Firefly, M10, 6 Pounds guns and several Cromwell supported by platoons and a few infantry teams.

The inicial positions less us to open fire it the cats get out of deploy zone. The north to south line was covered too by several tanks.

The germans take the churc and we dont fire over them this time. We were looking for tanks... and there they werent so... a Cromwell opened fire, it will be there firing all the battle.

Another Cromwell was discovered in his ambushing positions and the cats began to hunt it. Finally it would be able to avoy them and use the principal road to get out.

I send thim to support the another Cromell near the churc.

While my Bren team defeated to enemy infantry teams but the M10 near them was discovered and the hard mortar fire inmovilze it and finally it was destroyed.

This fact was bad for our first line defense and let the south in a Firefly tank against several Tigers that was firing to several buildings... nothing in them.

Finally in the South one of the two Tigers get out and it was destroyed after to 17 pounds firefly shots.

The enemy didn't know where the shots came from and he didnt advace anymore.

One cat less!

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilly Sur Seulles was a hard battle. After two meetings and a battle in german terrain it was clear that germans were decided to figth for each meter.

Coming from the north it was clear we didnt have too options. So we used the wood and the east hedge.

As we thougth the enemy was very good positioned and though we neutralized a Sturm the enemy flanked us and only several teams firing could stop them.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bois du Bavent was a meeting too and it was clear the zones to control.

The roads and the mortar fire to stop enemy advance was used by both sides and all the zones were under our control ... but the North building from we suffers several casualties.

Our flamces and the Piats hunt a Sturm and seeing the less of enemy teams at the south we send a Platoon which took the bunkers and it's Vl's in time.

Though the high casualties numbers at the end or perimeter was perfect.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In Ranville the things gone bad. The enemy opened our lines and took importants zones. The germans win the battle and had the iniciative all the battle.

In the afternoom we decided to press a little more in the german center so we order an advance in north Caen and several Raf supports.

The new battle map was the Lebisey Woods. We push hard with Shermans running south to win the west and using local superiority to eliminate german defense.

The battle was a little different. Soon we discovered and destroyed an enemy team but the Mark was very efective and begin to neutralize several tanks giving time to the germans to balance their defense sending more tanks to the west. The numbers got equal. It was the hardest battle of June 6 th.

One of germans tanks suffers over ten 6 pounds shots without been destroyed... and the battle was very bad for our bg.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the moral damage was great and we decided to accept the enemy true at Bretteville and fight again in Abbaye where in the morning we had taken good positions.

The battle promise blood so we decided to defend the Chateou with important forces.

The germans had put there two Tankhunters and several infantry teams that were observed too soon by our forces. The riflemen fire push them and the mortar fire damaged one of the tankhunters bad faced so a Sherman take him out between the buildings.

The another one was hunted by another Sherman in a quick shot.

Without the tank support our infantry and the Shermans punish the germans without take casualties

Tilly was hard again. We decided to use our better troops, tanks, flamers and guns.

After a good begining we decide to begin again (game crashed) and the new battle was a fire cross and the german pressing us.

In Hottot we were surprised by germans. Tigers get out and another tank bg, with tigers and marks, take their mission.

With this movement the Germans covert the west Vl's into neutral and get news vl's in the south.

The deploy was difficult because we need to cover too much. After cover the vertical rouds i decided to advace to the south in the church and defend in the wood so i put there several tanks in ambush.

The result was quite good. In west we advance and with tank support we push out the germans.

In the wood a Tiger press the Cromwell but after several minutes it was inmobilized. In this moment we fight harders and destroy two enemy tanks and took the wood vl again.

The Firefly used as movil AT was the best defense against enemy tanks.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

En Babeni a nwe truce was accorded with few terrain advance.

In Ranville new battle win by germans that punish us hard. A piat withou orders didnt get a important Vl withoun enemie.

The worst new was the lost of recon section and it's piat capacity.

Finnaly the Germans took the north.

And at the end we decided to enter in Buron and the 7 th morning. The sun make us perfect objetives for enemy guns here.

Looking for some opportunity we entered from north.

We used many Shermans to avoy Jagpanzer free fire over our infantry.

The first tankhunter was fired and inmovilized by a Sherman that didnt finish the work because an enemy Schech that hunted it.

An Mg42 kill the survivros and i let a stuart to punish them but a second Schreck hunted it.

With this losses i send a infantry team there but in others places the things were getting bad. Several Jagspanzer fired and supported by infantry take buildings from south to north.

In the wood i had two shermans, i used they to destroy an enemy jagpanzer. First one was destroyed but the another one inmobilize it so it get it's back and after four rounds destroy it.

Another Sherman was destroyed in the road and one firefly hunted by a Scherk but another one destroy an enemy Jagpanzer.

We lost our deploy Vl but take the north east one. Two Jagpanzer destroyed, one damaged for one Firefly, one stuart and four Sherman, the famous 2 to 1.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Again in Lebisey we used 6 Pound guns, some static tanks and a defense tactic.

The casualites were two of our tanks for one of germans....

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

We had the numbers.... no so bad

219 allies casualties 150 germans, 210 allies and 156 germans
22 allies tanks 20 germans
plus three vehicules and six guns.

The defense give some advantage but we had clear ideas about how to break the enemy lines, always using useless Bgs in order to minimize the damage.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The next battle was in Breteville where from the inicial runs was converted in a tense but peacefull place.

The most important event was the try of tow infantry teams to take an enemy house in the west but it was unable and after it our 17 pounds take off another enemy gun.

Another battel in Tilly but this time the casualties were heavy and the defense dificult.

We tried to unify our lines in a stronger unique line. We decided to push hard in the Cross and take out the place. After it we will run over the village.

In the north we defend with flames disturbing the enemy while our forces get the cross zone and run into the village. We finally take the zone and destroy two enemy tanks.

But the Bg was depleted...

Note: At this time we both, Mr_fd2 and me, though the allies can only reinforce one time, one bg, all over the gc....

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotto was again the main battle. We were worried about the Tigers...

We battle was terrible. Horrible. One 95 Cromwll firing against the hedges, the Firefly fired by Schreks and my flank press by Marks, Tigers and infantry.

I had decided to play one card. I hide two Cromwell who should take the sout VL and the end of the battel in order to cut it's supplies. But the battel always change the plans.

In the east the enemy fight very hard, one firefly was shooted by Schreck and i retired it behind the walls while another one destroy a Mark and was destroyed by Schreck. The Tiger and the survivor Firefly play between then while another Mark was in South with infantry support.

The RAF help was determinate. It destroy the Tiger and after that the situation was solved. The tanks abandoned the walls where they could be hunted and the both Cromell were sent south.

The Command Cromwell took it but the fight and shoots vs a Mark damaged it's main gun so i order it to run through the Mark side way to the wood tryint to avoid the destruction.

The another Cromwell came at time and destroy the Mark, took the VL and defend it against enemy infantry and AT teams.

At this time and with the Command Cromwell in the wood it fired the infantry while try to get the anothe VL and disband the enemy BG. An infantry team suppor it from north.

The figth at the wood was hard and finnaly it got the Vl and defend it

Allies win the battle and the map!!!!

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Again in Bavent the idea was to unit divided lines and advance step by step in several places.

Though the resistance the north VL was captured and worried about the flank we solved it moving some units.

A strange movemet in Merville surprised both sides. An enemy BG appears there in our back... so it was a priority to neutralice it so we give naval support, morter support and move in to the map.

We had wide fire lines... and we used them!

From the beggining two guns, one machine gun and mortar fire made the hell over the place.

Flames cover the south too and piats the hedge while several units run to batteries and with the pursuit of flank it and take the buildings in south east.

The naval fire in the hedge and the near places was a disaster for the germans. Over 30 dead, guns destroyed and all their forces very damaged.

Snipers, machine guns and guns fired over the units trying to get close the buildings and the flames neutralize the german atack in the hedge.

The german general offer a truce telling us he will disband the BG after it. We accept.

Note: After we both learn he will recover the Bg at full force... and he get the map though it was surrendered.

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In Ranville we send a new bg and the fight was hard again. Near to be disbanded this time!

Only the destroy of a Tankhunter saved us...

At thiis time we planned several moves in order to break the front but keeping the supplies, retire the depleted Bgs and produce supplies lack to the enemy.

Note: The reinforce bad kwnoledge again....

He have recovered some places, reinforced another ones but he have three difficult battles

The first one in Buron. We fought it in the next hours.

Much blood and near to break german defense but without luck.

Lebisey, another bad map, the depleted BG tried to use the best it had. In the beggining two infantry teams were killed in the center.

In the west one sherman was a tramp for the germans due to the hiddens Fireflies and it result, one firefly and the sherman killed and three marks burning.

But in the village the germans fight hard and win every fight. The stuart less there damage a Mark and destroy another one before the Firefly coming in help was destroyed by an enemy gun.

With two tanks inmovilized the BG was disbanded and we lost the map after a good figth

After this batlle the Normandy Invasion seems a minor victory for the allies!

The 34 vs 31 in tanks were important!!!

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In Bretteville the fight conitnue without many surprises, and Stuart was discoverdes and destroyed by the enemy shots.

After it an enemy movement in the side discovered and 6 Pound gun and took it off.

¿Tilly? Here a Tank BG used the central area between hedges to run and flank the enemy. Thought the AT enemy presence it was a susccess.

Finnaly the village was taken, a stug inmovilized and another stug, puma and one vehiculed destroyed.

One Cromwell got mired and it was no possible to get the VL in the area.

Finalmente se ganó el pueblo y se inmovilizó un stug que a la postre no fue rematado por el apoyo de infantes alemanes que recibió mientras otro Sturm, un Puma y un vehículo contra infantería eran destruidos.

Only some german heroes kept alive!

In Capiquet the fight was ligth...

Bavent: here we kept the bunker against enemy assault and finally we break their defense taking the VL in the west building and near to the only Vl un german hands.

In Ranville a new BG destroy a enemy tankhunter and inmovilized another one.

And we began the 8 th afternoom!

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In Buron the germans were depleted but we too. Both have important problems in tank fight so we should choose to push hard or defend.

This time we take three jagpanzers...

Breteville, several moves but any result here!

One Bg penetred Caen and fight a meeting. We didn´t lnew it and the guns deployed were a problem.

Finally it was a house fighting and germans gave their best!

dehm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilly, the tanks were moved to the front loosing Vls control while a new BG fought here. The continue bg's arrive push us in this way!

The support of light vehicules, guns and runs... were not enought and the situation didnt get bad for both sides...

Now in Cristot a depleted parachuters BG, without most units, against tanks. The causalties numbers increased quickly but the Jagpanzer pushed hard and the defense line moved back.

Hottot agains the Tigers there. At this time we repited the tactic....

South, one Tiger suportting the infantry moves began a fight against two Cromwell being inmovilized so the moves here stopped. The survivor recieved que germans and punished them.

North, as usually the germans took the Church and I sent some teams there but a Tiger was waiting there and we both began to dance in the wood...

In Carpiquet the inicial positions were pure defensive and the first fires between a Sherman vs Panther was suscessfull and the Panther was abandoned.

The RAF achieved another susccess inmovilizing another Panther...

One Sherman was destroyed in north but any problem here!

In Bavent we planned to push hard but the defense was too much for our troops, a massacre! Only some units survive the offensive and got back to defensive positions...

dehm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Again battle in Merville but this time the German wanted to fight... so some causalties...

Merville was a large battle in which both learned about forcepool and tried to waste enemies.

Again we had better numbers than 2 vs 1 in tanks...

In Buron we used some vehicules to move quick and look for enemy guns.

Then in a great run our vehicule run fast south under a 88 fire... more than 15 shots but it survice and went into the hedge. It took one VL and in way to the another one was hunted by another 88.

Nota: game crashed here

Ranville again...

We destroyed a tankhunter and fight hard north and south but finally the germans ran last minute disbanding the depleted BG.

Inteligent tell us good numbers:

Buron again, much blood:

Bretteville was a peacefull place where only we took the midle west VL and destroy an enemy gun.

Abayye was in our hands since 6 th but now the germans sent there a Tank BG so we should defense the map. We used 17 Pounds and covered large fire lines.

Without large casualties we stopped the germans, and their two tanks, they offered truce and we accept it.

Caen was a disaster, our troops and the lack of supplies made us a defensive force.

Tilly, Germans were fighting here from 6 Th and it was time to disband them. We sent the Shermans! We used great numbers

The work was done in some minutes of massive attack, at least in south, north we lost one Sherman and one Stuart due to a bad order

In Cristot the depleted unit tried to survive using the last M10, without fuel, and Piats to stop the panzers.

Usgin a elastic defense we were able to survice and the M10 destroyed a stug and a AT vehicule but always retreating from one positions to another...

Viller Bocage, the german supply map. Meeting battle. Run and take positions... we used some armors.

Germans used four tigers but the hedges saved us and a M10 destroyed, and was destroyed, by a Tiger.

Another Cromwell retreated and a Tiger run over him being destroyed by a 6 Pounds gun.

Carpiquet cost us several tanks

Bavent: we revert the fight and eliminate the enemy forces

A Stug was destroyed in the main road and we took some good positions.

dehm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

In Breteville the fight was short

In Abbene the panzers continue the fight but this time we were there to defeate them. The inicial fight was too hard...

Flame and infantry took the Hedge, in center the fight is hard but we destroy one Puma, one gun and two marks... the price are one Sherman and one vehicule.

In Caen the dead cover the city...

We are disbanded here.

Note: again the reinforcement bad concept here...

Tilly we used tanks though we had some planns here...

In Cristot the defense cannot be holt agains massive tanks use and the german disband the unit:

Note: here the reinforcement again... we thought we cannot do it

Villers the fight continue...

Carpiquet, we flanked but the lack of fuel was too for us.

The 2 to 1 law...

In Bavent he didnt have so many units but our defense was susccessfull

Heavy casualties!

Merville, naval fire and hard fight

Note: both players agree to change Merville for Buton exists..

Pegasus Bridge:

Buron, we gave the south VL's

Lebisay we destroy one Mark IV and damage another one.

Breteville, again truce here.

Abayye is the hell, using the hedge we fire over germans.

Tilly we have moved our BG to the front sending here another one in a kind of meeting.

We can take again the Village.

Cristot this time is a Tank BG that destroy two enemy tanks

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: