Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_dragoon47

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:24 am Post subject: How do troops go berserk? Reply with quote

I've been wondering this because i have never seen any of them go berserk or fanatic for me. Just wondering what the situation has to be and unit types.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

in the many games i have had, it has happined on about 30 occasions... unfortunetly the soldier has been killed resonably quickly by enemy fire and also it seem to occur more while playing the original ccv more so then mods, but on one memorable occasion i had a sniper go beserk, he ran from one side of 2 storey room to the other shooting approaching troops( 15 in all then ran thru the factory till an advancing 5 man squad met him inthe doorway , he precede to kill them all with hand to hand combat then ran screaming into the street to attack a mark4 tank... lol... he didnt get ten feet...on another occasion in GJS i had a surrviving mortar man who had been attacked by a tank run across its field of fire to a gerry mg team and kill them all he then proceed to run to a dead at team and pick up a bazooka and kill the tank he was shortly after killed by a gerry flamer team while charging them down.. it would be interesting if any in the community would tell us if they ever had a surviving beserker at the end of a game?>

"percute et percute velociter"

Pzt_dragoon47

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so they go berserk in like really desperate and/or frustrating situations basically?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:54 pm Post subject: ? Reply with quote

they read how dam good and cold australian beer is, how hot the women are,and how often they wear bikinies, how dam good the climate is, of course they go bezerker! just like many a mad englishman or kiwi. die of envy i say!

ok, but i seen heaps of pixels go nuts and bezerker, but i noticed its usually the poorly trained guys in a shit out of luck situations. sometimes good troops do it when the chips r down. tank barrells in ur face do that.

espree de corp

Searry

Rep: 3.2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_dragoon47 wrote:
ok so they go berserk in like really desperate and/or frustrating situations basically?

Yeah, i once had my 5 Conscript Infrantry sguads(Winter War mod as russians) go in a frenzy when they were under fire from 2 enemy heavy mg's(maxims).
I started hearing the scream that comes from the berserk mode, and looked at the message box, and saw that nearly all conscripts went berserk. Most of them died just before the mg.
Also i once had my untrained FJs in BoB go insane and attack russian T-34s.
They died. Laughing

It seems that going berserk depends on the troops level of training and morale.
They get a fanatic rush and does everything for their mother/fatherland and tries to kill the enemy. Propaganda has done its work.

Itchy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackstump wrote:
it would be interesting if any in the community would tell us if they ever had a surviving beserker at the end of a game?>

Had one that charged a well defended building ran across about 70 meters in the open whilst screaming his head off being shot at from every where then about 20 meters from the building he comes round and then starts moaning about enemy spotted and hes pinned down Smile shortly after him whinning he says heading for safety and makes his way back to where he started his mad one from where by a near by command team slapped him back into shape Smile .... just left him on ambush till it was all over Wink did he survive the campaign ... couldnt tell you proberly not Wink

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:09 pm Post subject: wow Reply with quote

that sniper rocked stumpy!

most bezerkers end the same way, dead.

usually thay do win hand to hand stuff, seen some kill multiples,not like that 'pivate ivan/sargent steiner' (those who played original CCIII may remember them). my russian bloke who was untrained conscript managed to pick up a mg42 and mow down a gerry team,not bad considering he wont know how to reload!

ill keep uosu(screen capture) on bezerkers for yas...

espree de corp

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackstump wrote:
it would be interesting if any in the community would tell us if they ever had a surviving beserker at the end of a game?

Once had a US Para go berserk in V. He calmed down after putting the enemy to flight and I was able to bring him back to cover and just leave him there for the rest of the game.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackstump wrote:
ran thru the factory till an advancing 5 man squad met him inthe doorway , he precede to kill them all with hand to hand combat then ran screaming into the street to attack a mark4 tank... lol...

lol Laughing

Pzt_dragoon47 wrote:

Like Tack and Searry I find it's usually low quality troops in bad situations that go crazy. I rarely see bezerkers from trained or elite troops but it does happen again usually when things aren't going so well.

In one memorable and bloody battle my opponent was down to ONE man and my troops were badly mauled. His last guy was held up in a house and went bezerk. Took out the remnants of 4 elite teams (about 12-16 guys) before I finally nailed him. I surrounded him two or three times with between 3-6 men and every time he hacked them all up screaming his head off the whole time. Real rambo stuff. Very funny.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mikwarleo wrote:
it's usually low quality troops in bad situations that go crazy

I think that's deliberate. I read somewhere that the less intelligent a soldier, the more likely he was to go berserk.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

While playtesting BoS45 (still using Berlin maps):
2 members of TKRL (Indonesian Navy) scouts go beserk simultaneously and recklessly rush across the street to assault on a pinned down RM recce team. One of the beserkers is only armed with a bamboo spear! Both men survive the ensuing hand-to-hand combat, eliminate the remaining RM soldiers and return to their team as "fanatics" (the man armed with sniper rifle stunned momentarily from a RM mortar blast). Both men survive the battle.

Click to enlarge!

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a funny thing, tho it happined quite regularly for me in ccv i think it only occured in one other mod for me and that was GJS... and only vary rarely.. it must be a vary random occurence.. and not once has any berserker either calmed down or come back under command.. i use to stop concentrating and sit back and watch them go at it... it was usally a hoot, but they allways came to a dirty end... havent had a berserker in at least 2 years...

"percute et percute velociter"

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's fortunate for the TKRL "beserk couple" that a Royal Marine recce squad was pinned down near their position. If not they would have had to charge south-west heading towards the assaulting Royal Marines platoon and would probably end up dead.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 am Post subject: whole squad gone berserk! Reply with quote

More from BoS45 playtesting:

2 militias (Kampoong Sentry squad) go berserk!

The rest of the squad go berserk and rush blindly from cover charging and shouting at the enemy!

The lone survivor is surrounded by Indian troops.

The end...Merdeka ataoe Mati! (Independence or Death!)

<click to enlarge view>

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: