Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MajorMac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 am Post subject: Karelia 1.1 Plug-in installlation problem Reply with quote

I have tried to install the Karelia 1.1 plug-in for CC5 using CfgV13 and the installation fails with a message that says that the transfer of a file in the Graphics folder doesn't go through because it is not there. The file, FT.azp was not in the Graphics folder when I checked and it did not appear even after a full re-installation of CC5 and the 5.01a patch. Anyone have any ideas?

By the way this is a great site! Congratulations to all those behind it.

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

weird. maybe try the manual install? Shocked

Ceci tuera cela

RunningMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i had that problem, too.

ehm, i think i solved it by placing the maps from the karelia-mappack in the folder first, before ich modded with the cfgv13.

RM

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningMan wrote:
i had that problem, too.

ehm, i think i solved it by placing the maps from the karelia-mappack in the folder first, before ich modded with the cfgv13.

RM

thats standard procedure to get the mods running - maps 1st, pln after

Ceci tuera cela

RunningMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

RedScorpion wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
i had that problem, too.

RM

thats standard procedure to get the mods running - maps 1st, pln after

Ah. Ok. Me is N00B Laughing

MajorMac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I checked the map requirement before installing the plug-in and as I already had all the maps in for Bloody Omaha and GJS, I did not worry. Are these Karelia maps any different to the original GJS of BO maps?

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:16 am Post subject: Re: Karelia 1.1 Plug-in installlation problem Reply with quote

MajorMac wrote:
I have tried to install the Karelia 1.1 plug-in for CC5 using CfgV13 and the installation fails with a message that says that the transfer of a file in the Graphics folder doesn't go through because it is not there. The file, FT.azp was not in the Graphics folder when I checked and it did not appear even after a full re-installation of CC5 and the 5.01a patch. Anyone have any ideas?

By the way this is a great site! Congratulations to all those behind it.

The map files are not the problem, although there could be an issue there.

The FT.azp file is not in the Graphics folder, it is in the LocalFX folder.

More than likely your message said it couldn't copy FT.azp to the CC5\LocalFX folder because FT.azp didn't exist - in the Config Mngr\System\Packages\Karelia1.1 folder.

What happens on occasion with many mods is that the plugin is not fully extracted to the mod's folder in \System\Packages. Therefore an installation fails because a specified file to be transfered really isn't in the mod's source in the \System\Packages\"mod" folder.

You need to do two things to fix this.

First, in you Configuration Manager, open the \Plugins\Kareila .pln file with WinZip, WinAce or WinRAR. Check at the bottom bar for the file count. Then look at the Config Mngr\System\Packages\Karelia1.1 folder. The file count will probably be different.

Go back to the compression utility and extract all the files of the .pln file to the Config Mngr\System\Packages\Karelia1.1 folder. Check to ensure that the file count is now the same as contained in the .pln.

That fixes the mod. The next time you go to install it, it should work fine, once you fix your CC5 files.

When the installation failed, it left original CC5 files in the Config Mngr\System\Originals folder and Karelia modded files in the CC5 folders from copy command that were done before the program routine came to the missing file and halted the mod install.

You must either:

Uninstall the CC5 5.01 patch, then unistall CC5. Then reinstall CC5 and apply the 5.01 patch.

Or:

Cut and paste all the files from the Config Mngr\System\Originals folder back into their proper CC5 folders. Use the install.txt file from the Config Mngr\System\Packages\Karelia1.1 as a guide to replace these files back in the correct CC5 folder.

I find the cut and paste method much faster than uninstalling and reinstalling, especially since I do not install CC games to the default locations and so do not have to re-edit the registry "installed to" location again so that configuration managers can find my CC games.

However, while the uninstalling and reinstalling takes 5 times as long as the cut and paste method, reinstalling is much more fool proof: Put just one file in the wrong folder and you will have "interesting times" finding your game crashing error.

Once you finish either of these two methods to restore your CC5 to its original condition, you should be able to install and uninstall the mod with no more problems.

A question to all:

The Karelia mod uses GJS and BO maps. In the Downloads here, those maps use the original BO map names that are the same names used by original CC5 maps.

In the new BO v1.2 that Tejszd did, these maps now are named IsignyBO and StpierBO, eliminating the need for swapping the maps or using the map renamer feature in the install.txt of the plugin.

I don't have the Karelia mod, so could someone please look and see if the .pln\install.txt and uninstal.txt, the \Maps\Index.mpi and the two maps for download here are all consistant with the new naming conventions?

If they are different, then some people are going to have their stock maps overwritten, or H2H players are going to get crashes in the Karelia and BO mods and original CC5 if they have different versions of the maps.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Antifa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is my fault. Sorry. The install.txt for the plugin has that mistake in it.

as drill said "The FT.azp file is not in the Graphics folder, it is in the LocalFX folder. "

Only way to get around this -- open up the text install file and for the FT.azp change the Graphics folder to the LocalFx --

Then it will load fine. I thought that bug was fixed in the Plugin that's available for download. I will print the correct install.txt script here, and you can cut and paste if you like.

MajorMac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:57 am Post subject: Karelia 1.1 Plug-in installlation problem Reply with quote

Thanks Senior_Drill and Antifa. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I'll give the changes a whirl.

Cheers

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: