Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:29 am Post subject: Wrong Information in the Article for CCMT Reply with quote

The article on the pending release of Close Combat: Modern Tactics (CCMT) on the home page is real bad poop. Poop in the American military term "information. I realize that there is a cavet at the end of the article that states; "Since this article is based off of the screen shots of a previous version we can not fully expect to see all the new features in CCMT.", however, being at the end of the article and easily glossed over, let's discuss what the article states will be in CCMT and what is not.

Close Combat Modern Tactics is NOT base on the current USMC training simulation Close Combat Marines Anti Terrorism (CCMAT). It is based on Close Combat Marines v5.1 (CCMv5.1), a ten player game, as a commercial release of CCMv5.1. It doesn't have one Marine and it does not have many of the features discussed in the article. Most of those are scheduled for CC6, which CCMT is not. CCMT is an interim release, not a numbered CC game.

Triggers: Not in CCMT. Are in CCMAT and will be in CC6.

Civilians: Not in CCMT. Are in CCMAT and will be in CC6.

Obstacle/Mines/IED's: Not in CCMT. Are in CCMAT and will be in CC6.

Scenario Settings: "Time of Day - Its unknown what this could be used for. Since night cannot be modeled graphically into CC, we can guess that if the time is set at night units may be less visible." Not in CCMT. Is in CCMAT. In CC6, Time of Day will affect LOS.

Scenario Settings: "Show Last Spotted Position - Presumably a marker will display on the map when a unit disappears from your LOS." Not in CCMT. Is in CCMAT. In CC6, once a unit moves out of your LOS, an icon will mark the last known position, slowly fading out over a period of 1 - 2 minutes on the main battle screen and the overview map.

What really needs to be pointed out is that CCMT a commercial version of the US Marine Corps trainer that has been out since 2005 as v3.1, upgraded and enhanced through CCRAF to CCM v5.1. It is modern forces with modern weapons, so the kill ratios can go way up. What you may think is a strong Battle Group for CC5 might get quickly blown away in CCMT. You have to use modern tactics to win.

I invite the webmaster to contact me in the future to check his copy on what is and what is not in the next CC releases.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's better than getting almost zero info regarding the release from the 'official sites' Wink

So there's CCMT, CCMAT and CC6...any specific details on these releases (I have a fair idea about the first 2 from your post, Drill...but no clue about CC6)?
So what about CC7? Will you be using the Company of Heroes graphics engine for this one? Rolling Eyes Very Happy Wink

Where do we go to check up on updates on these upcoming CC games?

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So they sell an obsolete to the people. Crying or Very sad
I hate these Yanks vs. sandniggers games, they sell just because of the current conflict, altough it's not modern warfare. CM:SF sucked because of this.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying SD. I knew the info was not fully correct which is why I planted in my disclaimers. What you pointed out raises another question.... What new features are to be included that were not in the 1st release of CCM?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
Thanks for clarifying SD. I knew the info was not fully correct which is why I planted in my disclaimers. What you pointed out raises another question.... What new features are to be included that were not in the 1st release of CCM?

The main difference between CCM v3.1 and CCM v5.1 is the increase from 3 vs 3 players to 5 vs 5 players, as well as a number of bug fixes which is where CCMT is from.

People should keep in mind that CCMT is a commercial version of CCM. By agreement with the USMC, which owns CCM, CCM could only be released publically if all things USMC were removed, which has been done in CCMT. It is now US Army orbats, equipment and vehicles.

CCMT will not be everyone's cup of tea. All the battles are one-off; there are no Operations or Campaigns. There was no code left for those things in CCM and it has proven to be a major amout of work to re instate those for CC6. CCMT will be for those CC'ers that don't mind that and will enjoy the large batles with up to ten players at a time.

There is already one WW2 mod in the works for CCMT and many maps from CC4 and CC5 can be used in CCMT and mods. Any map that is mega tile square can be use without modification and others can be used after using Mafi's tools to add blank borders to make the overall map square.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, for when they think to send this game to the market?

Greetings.

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange...forum bots love this thread Very Happy

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah anonymous posting is allowed... I keep meaning to turn it off.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:
there are no Operations or Campaigns

What about a MMCCMT?!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

Jump to: