Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1244
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Destraex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:01 am Post subject: Meuse Mod - What does the 3.3 update bring to the table? Reply with quote

Hi,

apart from a couple of new maps what has improved in the Meuse 3.3 version?

Anyone have the readme without me having to download?

I have a very old version of Meuse from literally years ago. So what have I missed. Again as my internet connection has been ramped back to 56k speeds until next month I am looking to choose my downloads carefully.

I am currently downloading Karelia hoping that this is a good mod although I know nothing about the Russian offensive against the Finns in 1944

http://www.madminutegames.com/

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Visit the site of meuse here Wink

Destraex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

"5) Added Entry VL's to any map that has reserves appear and a entry VL was not defined (v3.2a changed Entry VL's to 50 points)"

this is an extract from the meuse site change readmes. I did not know that CC supported reserves coming onto the map? Does this happen in some mods now. If so awesome feature for when you are flanking on the strat map it actually means you get flanking units in the tactical battle screen.

Please confirm?

Also do the reserves come from the right direction onto the map that they were facing on the strat map?

http://www.madminutegames.com/

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:48 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

simply put it is worth downloading!

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed vehicle graphics to all be at 8 pixels per meter - 14 were increased, 15 decreased and 21 not touched (Tanks.azp)
2) Changed min. range for Pzb 39 and 38 to 4m from 10m (Weapons.adb)
3) Changed/recalculated vehicle size ratings (Vehicles.adb)
4) Changed/recalculated element radius ratings (Vehicles.adb)
5) Changed/recalculated vehicle max speed ratings (Vehicles.adb)
6) Changed/recalculated vehicle acceleration ratings (Vehicles.adb)
7) Fixed Pzjg I wreck, changed from French "gBT7" to German "am8ac" (Vehicles.adb)
Cool Fixed SDKfz 251 wrecks, changed from German tank "am8spg75mm" to German halftrack "am3ht" (Vehicles.adb)
9) Fixed 10.5cm leFH & 15cm sIG33/L12 weapons, they are much more effective against everything (Weapons.adb)
10) Fixed German voice 0097 «Schiffsartillerie verfügbar» "ship artillery available" to «Artillerie verfügbar» (Erusvox.sfx)
11) Fixed German PaK 35/36 3.7cm & PaK 37(t) 3.7cm light AT guns by creating new weapons #96 & #121 with setup time (Weapons.adb)
12) Fixed German 3.7cm L/48 (t) light AT gun by setting assault fire to false to prevent firing while moving (Weapons.adb)
13) Fixed French Canon de 37mm Lt. Inf Gun by creating new weapon #90 with setup time (Weapons.adb)
14) Fixed Pouillon map as a few tree shadows did not have trees coded (Pouillon.txt & Pouillon.los)
15) Fixed #107 Pz Büchse 38 unit picture as the AT Rifle was too black (ScrnGadg.gdg)
16) Fixed all .los files by recalculating them with CC5dbg.exe using the Meuse elements file (*.los)
17) Fixed #29 SDKfz 251/1PzB39 by setting the PzB39 to have a fire angle of front arc (Vehicles.adb)
1Cool Fixed teams size for vehicle #26 15cm sIG33 (Alsteams.adb)
19) Added 10 Heat rounds to the 10.5cm leFH 18 (Vehicles.abd)
20) Added a new map Rocroi - My 2nd map (index.mpi & ScrnGadg.gdg)
21) Added Montherm - My 3rd Map (index.mpi & ScrnGadg.gdg)
22) Added intro video - Thanks Brett Unger and Bambam (Atomlogo.avi, intro_indeo5-50.avi and SSI_Logo_320b.avi)
23) Added the Rank Mod - Thanks AT_Blackcat (GameGadg.gdg & ScrnGadg.gdg)
24) Added historical comments to some map briefings (*.btd)

CHANGES IN V3.2a - September 2003:

1) FIXED the miss named .btd and .txt file in V3.1 Full download
2) Fixed German voice file 0017 "I Can't Take Any More" to be "Ich halt's nicht mehr aus!" (Erusvox.sfx)
3) Fixed desktop crash because the French S20 did not have a wreck graphic (Vehicles.adb)
4) Fixed wrecks as they were being treated as a Stone Fence. See note #4 below. (elements.adb and map .txt files)
5) Added Entry VL's to any map that has reserves appear and a entry VL was not defined (v3.2a changed Entry VL's to 50 points)
6) Changed Sector25 map exits to Nouzonville and to Sugny which is now on the West side of the river (Sector25.btd)
7) Changed Wadel map exits to Mézières and to Sugny which is now on the West side of the river (Wadel.btd)

*** My apologies for the screwing up V3.0 Full and v3.1 Full .btd and .txt files. ***

CHANGES IN V3.1 - July 2003:

1) FIXED the missing .btd and .txt in the V3.0 Full download
2) Fixed color of the battle status indicator symbols (TerrainA.stm) - thanks Kartboy6 for the feedback
3) Changed picture for #39 Pz Büchse 39, #107 Pz Büchse 38 & #108 Pz Büchse 35(p) (GameGadg.gdg & ScrnGadg.gdg)

CHANGES IN V3.0 - July 2003:

1) Added BG patch for the German 9 / 23 Inf. Div. (ScrnGadg.gdg)
2) Added All German BG commander pictures (ScrnGadg.gdg)
3) Added French BG commander pictures for De Gaulle & Bruneau (ScrnGadg.gdg)
4) Added a hull mounted MG34 to the PzBefW IIIE (Vehicles.adb)
5) Added artillery guns to the scenario editor screen (CCimages.pix)
6) Added a Dual COax MG13 (Weapons.adb)
7) Added New Victory pictures using real pictures for each victory level (ScrnGadg.gdg) - Thank you Aetius & FFL Niluge1
Cool Added a new map Pouillon - My first map by the way...
9) Changed unit icons to real pictures - Thank you Aetius, FFL Niluge1, Maadrin and JimmyD (GameGadg.gdg & ScrnGadg.gdg)
10) Changed Pak 35/36 requestion type from command to support (ALsTeams.adb)
11) Changed German and French soldiers and flags to the proper sides on the statusscreen (CCImages.pix & ScrnGadg.gdg)
12) Changed Spahis soldiers to wear a white/beige turban (CC5.exe & GETeams.adb) - Thank you Kartboy6
13) Changed Canon AC de 25mm used by Spahis troops to Spahis Canon 25mm (GETeams.adb)
14) Changed SdKfz 232 6-Rad from 2cm KwK38 L/55 to 2cm KwK30 L/55 (Vehicles.adb)
15) Changed Renault D-2 to have two MG; 1 coax and 1 fixed hull (Vehicles.adb)
16) Changed executable to read from the videos directory and reapplied past changes (CC5.exe)
17) Changed 251/1 MG to have a coax mg34 instead of a hull mg34 (Vehicles.adb)
1Cool Changed 251/1 PzB39 to have a AA mg34 instead of a hull mg34 (Vehicles.adb)
19) Changed Dinant exit to Houx to be on the East side of the river (Dinant.btd)
20) Changed Meuse icon to something a bit more colourful (CC5.exe) - Thank you Aetius
21) Changed French and German icons in battle when zoomed out (CCimages.pix)
22) Changed Muzzle flash location on the Scenario editor screen (CC5.exe)
23) Changed French voice 000 from "aaaahhhh" to "Vive la France !" (GGerVox.sfx)
24) Changed French voice 017 from «Je n’en peut plus» "I can’t do anything more" to «Repliez vous» "retreat" (GGerVox.sfx)
25) Changed in battle status indicator symbols; the French now have the star and the Germans the cross (TerrainA.stm)
26) Changed French and German armour thickness slightly on most tanks and a lot on the Char B1 (Vehicles.adb)
26) Fixed Pz IB, Pzjg I, PzIIA, Pz IIC wrecks, changed from French "gBT7" to German "am5stuart" (Vehicles.adb)
27) Fixed SiG33 auf PzI wreck, changed from French "gBT7" to German "am8ac" (Vehicles.adb)
2Cool Fixed Panhard 178/25mm, 178/47mm and 178/FM wrecks, changed from German "g232" to French "g250-1" (Vehicles.adb)
29) Fixed 3.7 cm Pak AT Gun #55, changed nationality to German, fire angle to front and element size to 1 (Vehicles.adb)
30) Fixed 3.7 cm Pak 37(t) #65,changed nationality to German, fire angle to front and element size to 1 (Vehicles.adb)
31) Fixed 3.7 cm Gun #55 & #65 weapon picture not appearing by setting Turret Type Mount to 1 (Vehicles.adb)
32) Fixed sIG33 auf Pz IB 15cm, changed nationality to German (Alsteams.adb)
33) Fixed Pz IB to have a single Dual Coax MG13 instead of two MG13's and added a weapon sound (Vehicles.adb & sound.sfx)
34) Fixed overlapping VL's on Vresse (Branvll.btd)
35) Updated AI plugin files, which makes the computer opponent harder, to be compatible with v3.0

CHANGES IN V2.6 (Never Released):

1) Changed BG 2/3BS strat map icon to infantry (ScrnGadg.gdg)
2) Changed TromblonVB weapons (Rifle grenades) to make vehicles a valid target (Weapons.adb)
3) Changed P19 Mortier ammo from 25 to 45 (Vehicles.adb)
4) Changed the unit name for Laffly s20 'Liais.' to Laffly 50 AM 37mm ‘Liais.’ (GETeams.adb)
5) Changed 1/1DLC campaign editor icon from Infantry to Med Tank (uniticons.bmp)
6) Changed 14eRDP/4eDLC strat icon from 4/4 to 14/4 (ScrnGadg.gdg)
7) Changed Fusil AC Hotchkiss to Fusil AC Boyes (GETeams.adb & Weapons.adb)
Cool Changed Fusil AC Boyes to Fusil AC Boyes 'Res.' (GETeams.adb & Weapons.adb)
9) Changed 75mm mle 1897 gun from 5 to 6 crew (GETeams.adb & Vehicles.adb)
10) Fixed bunker walls on the MONTMEDY map to eliminate spaces in the wall element (fortif.txt)
11) Fixed Force Strength bar color on the multiplayer screen (ScrnGadg.gdg)
12) Fixed BG Icons for 77/18, 19/22 & 62/22 in the editor (uniticons.bmp)
13) Fixed German SchützenRgt.1 / 1. Pz bg it showed French units in the scenario editor (FPools.adb)
14) Fixed French Fusil AC Boyes 'Res.'clip weight as it was 1 pound, it is now 5 pounds (Weapons.adb)
15) Reduced number of smoke grenades carried by troops; > 4 to 3 and > 2 to 2 (soldiers.adb)
16) Reduced 7.5cm L24 HE Kill Raiting from 75, 63, 51, 47 to 43, 41, 40 , 40 mm of steel penetratable.
17) Removed map renaming from the installation (Index.mpi, install.txt and uninstall.txt)
1Cool Removed duplicate German rank insignia by redrawing all ranks (GameGadg.gdg & ScrnGadg.gdg)

There is the major change in Meuse Version 3.3

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Destraex,

CC5 does not support reserves entering on a map during a battle. But BG's that reform or are scheduled to arrive later on maps need an entry VL defined on their entry map. If there is none the computer will randomly select an entry location for the arriving BG, sometimes creating an unrealistic battle because of the wrong starting troop locations.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: