Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:13 pm Post subject: Cant Seem to Covnert Maps Properly Reply with quote

I am tryign to convert maps from CC3 to CC3.

Using Mafis 'CC2Tools' tool

YES - map is no bigger thatn 2280 on each diim

I have chosen the CC3 to 2 conversion table and although I didnt shrink the map, on the convert/shrink page I made the new txt and los file which goes into data folder.

I then on single action section didi BGM, OVM, MMM and ROOF file all in put into the map graphic folder.

NOW-- How do I use this map??? It wont show up in the CC2 mattlemaker in game sdcreen and not even in CCBmaker tool...

what did I do wrong? Do I have to convert a CC3 battle with the map first??

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here goes...

First off you also need a map### and map###.los file, both of which go in the data/maps folder.

Second (probably should be first) read Mafi's New Battle Maps guide. Pay special attention to Ugur's method (page 2) and the Data/Base/Batnames (page 6).

In short heres how you would replace the stock map Schijndel Dunes. Name the files like this.

BGMap321
MMMap321
OVMap321
Roof321
Map321
Map321.los

Note, if you new map does not have a roof file, make sure to delete the stock maps roof file (if it had one). Finally make sure the files have no file extensions except the one .los file extension.

Then ...

BGMap321
MMMap321
OVMap321
Roof321

Go in the Graphics/Maps folder, and...

Map321
Map321.los

Go in the Data/Maps folder.

That should get you map working.

-Nembo

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

K.. It must be soemthign to do with the battle conversion.

Heres a question.. do you use 5CC to code your maps directly for CC2? Im now converting with CC2 Tools from CC3 maps.. maybe the elements are messed up and I should recode at least the elements in 5CC.

Ill be converting some of my old maps, releasing new ones and actually reworking some other of my previously released maps for this mod. I actually will likely chop up my big maps I had intended to give Sitmek for CCMT and even CCLN (I had Belleau wood maps completed)and see if any fit the whole feel id like for this mod.

I have actually lobbied the CC2 community at TH and might have soemone help build the actual battles for the mod. I figure get an old CC2 grog to build the best battles since they have seen so many!

As you can see with the combat camera, I am beginning the GUI now but id like to at least pop one of the new maps into CC2 so I can get a good idea of the CC2 tree sprites with my maps and hope they blend well. Ill probably use Mafis Canadian terrain file which gets rid of 'orchard' trees.

The old Ledge files you sent were appreciated, but when I pop them in it says they are corrupt. (Me agian most liekly f***ing up) I will probably increase the size of the units.. not full units but maybe groups of 3 and 4 max... its still up for debate!

Lets keep in touch.. you knwo too damn much about modding CC2 for me not to pick your brain!!

Nembo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...are you using a custom CC3 elements file?

-Nembo

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the default with 3C IS the expanded elelemnt file for CC3, which of course these maps are being converted from. When I get home tonight Ill take a look in Mafis transition table to see if his CC3-2 table is for the basic or the expanded element file. Methinks I now know the answer! Wink

I actually dont mind the idea of recoidng the elements for each map one by one for those alreaqyd coded as it woudl help trweak each map to be the best it can be with CC2 anyhow. But that means Ill have to learn how to code in 5CC, which I have found fairly confusing.. but Ill admit being a slave to 3C, something Im used to, so didnt givbe 5CCs coding a fair shake!! Its recoding the more complex elevation on some of my maps Id like to avoid!!

As things happen, Ill continue to work on GUI, but would like by end of this weekend to have at least one map popped in to make sure I have the ins and outs of that known!

thansk for the help... your officially in the credits as 'consultant!' Smile

Nembo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that hard to expand or make a new elements table.

Another thought, the map elevation might be too high or low. You should keep it between 10 and 40. Anything under 10 or over 40 can cause problems.

-Nembo

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

While this stopped SOME of my momentum.. it only got rid of about 6 of the 30+ maps I wanted to use.. so not a biggie.. Ill just make soem mroe new ones.. thanks for the help.. youll be getting lots more inquiries form me! Smile

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a great idea Buff if it can be done. I know TH did do some map packs a couple of years ago, but there is a gold mine of CC3 maps out there (as you well know) that could work in CC2.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: