Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:11 am Post subject: CCMT Released - Nov 14th 2007 Reply with quote

In 2004 Close Combat Marines was released to the USMC. I was able to get a copy by ordering thier magazine, witht he CDROM included. CCMT is what CCM was. My view below of CCMT is based from playing CCMT and comparing it to CCM or three years ago.

The best thing about CC is the ability to play side by side against multiple enemies. You can do this now. Combine it with teamspeak and you should have a huge amount of fun. For a the new player to Close Combat he will not have the same expectation as myself and many other experienced players. In any new Close Combat I would expect everything that made the last version good plus more, especially seven years after CCV. CCMT falls way short or these expectations.

Heres my list so far of CCMT's large amount of limitations and deficiencies.

- No Operation or Grand Campaign mode. Single battles ONLY

- Battle Selection Screen is before multiplayer setup. this means you must choose a battle then host a game. If the joiners do not agree with the scenario, everyone has to leave and reconnect.

- You cannot view details of teams. For example in CC5 you can view rank and all attributes like morale, exp etc etc. This does not exist in CCMT.

- Multiplayer screen auto searches for LAN games before you can take control

- Op Order screen is after troop selection. Usually you have your orders, then prepare for battle, not other way around.

- Op Orders on premade scenarios have bad grammar, useless entries and are overall almost useless for the scenario. They are mostly generic attack orders. Command and Signals - why and how does that even apply to CCMT? Admin and Logistics - also no reason to be there. To quote one entry under this heading, "We know we can rely on you and your men."

- Premade scenarios do not have fixed forcepools. You take take 15 M1A1 Abrams every mission.

- Hidden VLs. There is absolutley no point to hidden VLs. Especially VLs that are placed way in the middle of nowhere. These are huge maps that will just turn into easter egg hunts. If a veteran hosts a game for a newbie, who will know where the VLs are? Thats an unfair advantage.

- VL that are not hidden do not show up on the minimap or zoomed out map.

- There is no team chat!!

- Graphical glitches and recycled graphics from CCV.

- Recycled Sounds

- Games can be recorded, but for some reason while playing them you can still give orders

- Old CC maps are not compatible. To make them compatible you must increase thier size (if smaller than the CCMT standard) by either adding a large dark area out of bounds or repainting the outside edges to make it fit.

- All pre-made scenario descriptions say both 6 player and 10 player.

- The maps... Many of the maps are from the original CCM, large open maps meant for long distance engagement. The new maps Simtek have put are great, some are just huge expanses but overall they are good. Map "TheBase" is a horrble checker board of tiny buildings and impassable walls with thin roads between them. Its is also lacking a ton of detail, very plain looking.

- During deployment phase you cannot see where your opponents deploy boxes. Some may think this is a good thing, but usually you know which direction the enemy is. This really comes in to play using custom made scenarios. The creator and host know exactly where everyone will be, the unlucky joiners get to be suprised. At the very least, this should of been an on/off option.

- Minimap is separated in squares using numbers for both axis. So you can say enemy at 15. You would have to know to read the map 1st and not get a back bearing. If the axis were alphanumeric there would be no room for error.

- Firewall issue, still present!

- If a player drops out his unit go idle, they are not granted to the commander or to the AI.

So whats good about it? This game comes with the most powerful scenario editor, however, in the end your scenario is just a kill em all capture the VLs. The end results are always win or lose, who captured more VLs. Also, 5x5 multiplayer. This is the best feature and only saving grace of CCMT.

Matrix advertises this game as innovative. It is anything but, all these features were released in 2004 and still fell behind the norm for online multiplayer games. The legendary name of CC is not being upheld with this release, CCMT is simply surfing the legends wake and not making any new waves.

CCMT is nothing more than the original CCM of 2004 with all the major bugs fixed. Before you decide on whether or not to buy this, check power lobbies to see if people are playing. If the lobby is empty most of the time, this purchase may not be worth your while. The limitations and deficiencies listed by me can be easily overlooked in the fun of a large multiplayer game.

This is a pretty critical look at the game. For me there is nothing to get excited about when an inferior product is released. Will this game make new players join the community? It remains to be seen but the answer is probably no.

Find any bugs or unsatisfactory elements of the game share them, maybe we'll get a patch.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the CCM and now CCMT and I think that you are wrong with it.
Quote:
You cannot view details of teams. For example in CC5 you can view rank and all attributes like morale, exp etc etc. This does not exist in CCMT.

It exist on CCMT if I have not understanded bad, on team screen look for army icon.

Quote:
Old CC maps are not compatible. To make them compatible you must increase thier size (if smaller than the CCMT standard) by either adding a large dark area out of bounds or repainting the outside edges to make it fit.

As on all CC games you can not open a CC3 map on CC4 without edit it.

Quote:
All pre-made scenario descriptions say both 6 player and 10 player.

What did you want? some as "hello, I´m a new map"? Wink
Quote:
The maps... Many of the maps are from the original CCM, large open maps meant for long distance engagement. The new maps Simtek have put are great, some are just huge expanses but overall they are good. Map "TheBase" is a horrble checker board of tiny buildings and impassable walls with thin roads between them. Its is also lacking a ton of detail, very plain looking.

I found them correct.

Quote:
During deployment phase you cannot see where your opponents deploy boxes. Some may think this is a good thing, but usually you know which direction the enemy is.

But you can make custom scenario where you can delete the fog of war.

Quote:
Firewall issue, still present!

It happens with all computer games.

I think that the best are this things:

-More of 5vs5 on multiplayer games.

-Correct movement from infantry and vehicles.

-Correct sounds and weapon icons and graphics.

-Air plane, helicopter and two different artillery attacks on support.

-A fully complete game editor.

-You can make games from Americans vs Americans or Opposing Force vs Opposing Force.

-You can play with opposing force.

-Realism from weapons.

-You can transport infantry on vehicles.

-Infantry can dig in.

And the money, 30 dollars on USA, about 20 euros on Europe, I like the american economy! Razz

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

team details before a battle

please don't give details of CCMT by your experience with CCM

best bet is to remove this thread.

A0965.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.82 KB
 Viewed:  12388 Time(s)

A0965.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, not to be compatible with the rest of the versions, is what I do not understand, can play a campaign, and so on. Should interest, adding, all potential players from the rest of versions of Close Combat. Confused Confused

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The best use from this game would be to insert the very largest maps from CCV and play multiplayer.

"IF" Mafis expand option within CC2Tools could take 2/3/4 maps and butt them together and then one just add some slight texturing if would/could make for some fun.
A massive beach map from Bloody Omaha or GJS would be a blast to play 5X5

But I never got the hang of thata option from CC2Tools so I don't know if it works that way or not.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I was too blind to find team details. Fog of War option missed that also. The features you list FF are great, and are no doubt awesome to play with, but I seen them 3 years ago in CCM after Atomic made them.

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I have the CCM and now CCMT and I think that you are wrong with it.
Quote:
You cannot view details of teams. For example in CC5 you can view rank and all attributes like morale, exp etc etc. This does not exist in CCMT.

It exist on CCMT if I have not understanded bad, on team screen look for army icon.

Quote:
Old CC maps are not compatible. To make them compatible you must increase thier size (if smaller than the CCMT standard) by either adding a large dark area out of bounds or repainting the outside edges to make it fit.

As on all CC games you can not open a CC3 map on CC4 without edit it.

Quote:
All pre-made scenario descriptions say both 6 player and 10 player.

What did you want? some as "hello, I´m a new map"? Wink
Quote:
The maps... Many of the maps are from the original CCM, large open maps meant for long distance engagement. The new maps Simtek have put are great, some are just huge expanses but overall they are good. Map "TheBase" is a horrble checker board of tiny buildings and impassable walls with thin roads between them. Its is also lacking a ton of detail, very plain looking.

I found them correct.

Quote:
During deployment phase you cannot see where your opponents deploy boxes. Some may think this is a good thing, but usually you know which direction the enemy is.

But you can make custom scenario where you can delete the fog of war.

Quote:
Firewall issue, still present!

It happens with all computer games.

I think that the best are this things:

-More of 5vs5 on multiplayer games.

-Correct movement from infantry and vehicles.

-Correct sounds and weapon icons and graphics.

-Air plane, helicopter and two different artillery attacks on support.

-A fully complete game editor.

-You can make games from Americans vs Americans or Opposing Force vs Opposing Force.

-You can play with opposing force.

-Realism from weapons.

-You can transport infantry on vehicles.

-Infantry can dig in.

And the money, 30 dollars on USA, about 20 euros on Europe, I like the american economy! Razz

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not to be compatible with the rest of the versions, is what I do not understand

Can you use a CC4 map on CC5 without edit or add something? the answer is not. We never could use a map from a previous version on a new version of Close Combat.

Yes we wait three years but we can not accuse to this new creators from all this years without nothing because the guilty is from Atomic games and their internal problems. And I think that it is better than nothing. Do you want nothing new again? By it I recomend buy it and probably on a future we will can some better as a Close Combat 6.
Quote:
The best use from this game would be to insert the very largest maps from CCV and play multiplayer.

I have thought that on CCMT we can join all the GJS beach maps on one map.

I think that on few time we will see a new tool to add new maps.

About the rest of the game, all graphics and sounds can be open with CC5 tools and the base files with only a notepad you can edit them, on CCM some so simple as edit a team name was some very difficult, here on CCMT is very easy, I have tested it on game and changes are possible and data is the same from all CC games with few changes.

On few words, by few more of 20 euros I like it.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right we never could add new maps easily, why is that still the case? CCMT has added difficulty in doing this.

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:
not to be compatible with the rest of the versions, is what I do not understand

Can you use a CC4 map on CC5 without edit or add something? the answer is not. We never could use a map from a previous version on a new version of Close Combat.

Yes we wait three years but we can not accuse to this new creators from all this years without nothing because the guilty is from Atomic games and their internal problems. And I think that it is better than nothing. Do you want nothing new again? By it I recomend buy it and probably on a future we will can some better as a Close Combat 6.
Quote:

I have thought that on CCMT we can join all the GJS beach maps on one map.

I think that on few time we will see a new tool to add new maps.

About the rest of the game, all graphics and sounds can be open with CC5 tools and the base files with only a notepad you can edit them, on CCM some so simple as edit a team name was some very difficult, here on CCMT is very easy, I have tested it on game and changes are possible and data is the same from all CC games with few changes.

On few words, by few more of 20 euros I like it.

As much as a recycled game drives me nuts, I hope that some decent WW2 will come out of it to make multiplayer worthwhile for most.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good I have started one 1944 WWII for CCMT today, I have not named it by the moment but I think that I can have some for play on few days.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a technician, just I think as a consumer, I have the COI and the CCM, on the shelf, but I do not want to add another.
Yes I see interesting take all the effort of many colleagues who have spent hours and hours doing mods, to improve and expand the possibilities for the game, with these options all this good work, does not apply to this game.

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT Released - Nov 14th 2007 Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:

- You cannot view details of teams. For example in CC5 you can view rank and all attributes like morale, exp etc etc. This does not exist in CCMT.

- Premade scenarios do not have fixed forcepools. You take take 15 M1A1 Abrams every mission.

- Recycled Sounds

- Games can be recorded, but for some reason while playing them you can still give orders

- Old CC maps are not compatible. To make them compatible you must increase thier size (if smaller than the CCMT standard) by either adding a large dark area out of bounds or repainting the outside edges to make it fit.

- The maps... Many of the maps are from the original CCM, large open maps meant for long distance engagement. The new maps Simtek have put are great, some are just huge expanses but overall they are good. Map "TheBase" is a horrble checker board of tiny buildings and impassable walls with thin roads between them. Its is also lacking a ton of detail, very plain looking.

Let's see if I can address some of these for you. I have selected the ones that I have direct knowledge and input regarding. Taking them in the order above:

1. I see that you've got that one figured out

2. Several of the pre-made scenarios have locked forcepools. If you want to change them to locked forcepools, load them in the editor, lock the forcepool and re-save.

3. Care was taken to get all new, and accurate weapons sounds...probably 90% or higher are new sounds that were done for the latest trainer....just doesn't seem like it since there is not a lot of variety in how each weapons sounds.

4. I can't issue orders when I replay scenarios...not sure why you can.

5. If the map is perfectly square, any old CC map is compatible once the text file is modified to work with the new elements file....more than 300 elements now. Schreck and I have had several great modern battles in the hedgerow country of France.

6. Take a look at some of the little desert towns around the world...pretty plain. The Base is a nearly 100% exact reproduction of a neighborhood in Karbala. Those little alleyways are what makes the urban combat of today so deadly. As far as impassable walls, being able to run through them is not very realistic...no more running through walls...only windows and doors. Keep the mens morale and fitness level at healthy, and they don't have much problem meandering through the maze of alleys.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBase is great

Try playing cat and mouse with a couple of RPG teams and American armour in those alley ways, that's what brings a sweat to the brow.

wooohooo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In CC5 you can blow holes through walls, can we do that in MT?. I dont mean I want to teleport through walls. Try telling a large team to move through an ally while when theres enemy in the buildings on each side, (that cant shoot at them) they get lost running around. The map is TheBase, its near impossible navigating men in there.

Locked forcepools, thank you for clearing that. I missed that option.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You can blow holes in walls allowing access.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe what needs to happen here is that Mooxe needs to "BUY " the game 1st.
Then play it.
Then post about it
Smile

Viewing the details (I assume you mean you opponents BG)
Is cheating plain and simple.

It would however been totally cool to just drop in a CCIII/CCIV/CCV map with nothing other than copy/paste.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need a goody. It was done by me on one day, it is not ended and I must change many things but you can see that the game can be mod without problems.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...
So there's potential to mod CCMT for single battle scenarios (kinda like DAK_Legion's pocket mods).
Grab a bunch of ASL scenarios...then convert them to CCMT scenarios...very interesting.
One thing...how's the AI for the single player game? The bigger maps would mean very dumb AI, right?

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:22 am Post subject: Solo AI Reply with quote

Not necessarily...the AI works to obtain the victory locations much better than CC5 did.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:43 am Post subject: Re: Solo AI Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
Not necessarily...the AI works to obtain the victory locations much better than CC5 did.

I agree and vehicles has not problems moving on these heavy maps.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who were lucky enough to get CCM the changes in CCMT may not be huge but at least the bugs that existed seem to be fixed. The lack of a single player game per say and no campaign/operation layer are steps backwards....

But for the majority, who do not have CCM, there are lot of new features. And fans of multiplayer will be able to have some great battles with the up to 5 vs 5 option....

Now if they could take CC5 and CCM and combine them.....

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: