Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1236
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1# Doesnt this tool for CC5 make the same thing, sort of? :
""Description: CCreq editor, XP version. Use this tool to edit deploy, forcepools, support, timer etc for battles. Perfect for making your own custom ladder battles! ""

CCRep does not make single battles, it makes small operations from one day. You can not select the options as on CCMT and you can only make battles for start with one side.

CCRep is a good tool but it is imperfect.

Quote:
2# One dont have to end a GC to enjoy the continuation battles. The contionuation of battle is what I enjoy in CC5. Finish the GC in it self is no priorety, nor fun in it self.

I do not tell that you must forget CC5. I only say that CCMT is the unique CC game with 5vs5 multiplayer.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nomada: where are those pictures for the weapons of the individual soldiers in the Teamdisplay? Can't find them. You seem to have already modded these so I suppose you know that Very Happy

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find them in the GameGadg and ScrnGadg files. Unpack those with either RTBTool or GadgetMunger to unpack the tga images from them.

Look for 'Weap'

For each weapon image, you must change two files.

RQWeap in the ScrnGadg, and GSWeap in the GameGadg

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already said this once and I'll say it again. The big weakness of CCMT is the inability to continue a battle on a successive turn. I'm sure there are many other things that are both good and bad with the game, but in my book, if you can't carry on the battle after the initial engagement it limits the "fun factor" considerably.

Hopefully this model will change with future updates of the game or releases of new games (CC6....).

I also think CCMT, as it stands today, is going to be hardpressed to find a fan following from New players.

Question - has anyone successfully setup and played a h2h game? I tired setting one with another veteran CC player and spent almost an hour trying to hook up. We finally connected via direct IP but could never launch because we kept losing connection after a couple minutes in the command screen. Someone new to CC will have no patience with similar connection failures. But I will be taking another crack at it this week.

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schreck and I have probably played a couple of hundred hours h2h during the past few months testing...never had any problems. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but we had 3 or 4 people h2h regularly during testing without any issues.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what's really curious is that I play CCV h2h all the time (100's of hours as well) via Gamespy and TCP/IP and have no problem hooking up. So what has changed? BHQ didn't work at all and IP direct made contact after the 4th try but then kept dropping or wouldn't allow any chat to confirm status and launch. Pretty frustrating stuff.

And it wasn't my opponent either, because he's a regular with CC and h2h play.

I will try again and double check settings. Not sure if I have to open any new ports or anything, but I will look into it and try again. But so far, I'm not impressed.

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That is strange...BHQ didn't work either? Before they announced that a CCMT lobby was setup, we tried it out and played several times there as well without problems.

As far as ports, I didn't make any changes to the port settings on my router. Same as I use for CC5

zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend 40$ to buy it from Uk. Nothing but a strange MOD, not a new game. No champaign... No close combat. Useless game.

StasiuX

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

From Matrix Games site:

Quote:
Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) Strategy 3 Tactics (www.strategy3tactics.com) and CSO Simtek are thrilled to announce that the latest and greatest title in the legendary Close Combat series, Close Combat: Modern Tactics...

lol

SFC_Klemer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am new to the forums here and this site. But I am not new to the CC games. I have all my orginal copies from when I was young. And I still enjoy playing them.

So after the dis-appointment to Road to Baghdad (which i dont count really as CC, just a cheap knock-off) I pondered around doing my life stuff and playing other games. Blah blah blah etc etc. Then I saw on the web there was CC: MT.

I was tickled. Rather than do like I normally do. And that is research a game before I buy it, which i did some not too much though. I wish I would have did more. I wouldnt have gotten it. I am a big fan of CC: Normandy. And constantly play it still. And even got a friend of mine to play.

So surely I talked him into shelling out his cash for CC: MT too as well as myself. I fired it up only to feel sick when I saw the game screen that looked like Road to Baghdad (which was "marines" but the cover soldiers had on 3rd Infantry Division Patches on thier helmets, if they cant get that right...its gonna be bad) I swallowed hard and hoped for the best.

Well now my wallet feels $30USD lighter, which i guess is ok since its near Xmas. So it was that money spent. Not spent well I might add.

It seems to me its like "hey lets toss in some crap, make it 5v5, huge maps, shady realism weapons/arty/air etc. and hope some of the CC people will come to it like fish coming to a dying worm on a hook"

Though I am still toying with the game, SP or well lack there of, is just nasty. I had lost soldiers due to poor pathfinding, so on my final assualt I ended up short handed. No medals, nothing for the poor bastards I sent to death. And with no GC or OPS i just hang my head, and smile cause poor PVT. Snuffy I sent to home with wounds wont have to endure another mission.

I just cant feel how MT is anything but some mish-mosh of CC3 and CCM. Though I like CC3, but I love Normandy better. Now a mish-mosh of Normandy and Modern times would be awesome. Pushing front while holding your supply, getting attached to your virtual fodder who lived after you sent them to thier death, continue to fight old unfinished battles only to be shocked when the enemy rolls out some heavy forces from the pool that you didnt know he had, not in CC: MT.

So I honestly wish I could go back a week, keep my 30USD buy two cartoons of smokes and some beer, cause CC:MT could be picked up in 3 to 6months at some hole in the wall computer store for $10USD.

But in the mean time I will hope for a patch to fix some of the bugs and plug away at it. Praying it will only get better.

One last thing I want to add before I submit my book. I noticed all over the place on here and other places that it was made clear that there was no GC. Wrong at least on the Matrix games store site with the info button. There was only a hint that there was no GC. Only if you really really look and read into it. Mainly at the fact it does not have something like "awesome Grand Campaign".

Thats my 10cents (i say 10cents cause I wrote a book LOL)

RD_Thomas_Ross

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch is on the way.....

Also other things are in the works.....

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night
To visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

For God and Country
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail GameRanger Account Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SFC_Klemer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

RD_Thomas_Ross wrote:
Patch is on the way.....

ooooo details??? LOL

RD_Thomas_Ross

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

SFC_Klemer wrote:
RD_Thomas_Ross wrote:
Patch is on the way.....

ooooo details??? LOL

Sure.......

other things with details are on the way lol

Gotta hang in there with the rest of em SFC.....

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night
To visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

For God and Country
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail GameRanger Account Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SFC_Klemer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

RD_Thomas_Ross wrote:
SFC_Klemer wrote:
RD_Thomas_Ross wrote:
Patch is on the way.....

ooooo details??? LOL

Sure.......

other things with details are on the way lol

Gotta hang in there with the rest of em SFC.....

LOL sounds like a army answer. Remember military intel can F**k up a wet dream.... Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: