Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:53 am Post subject: Updated Q clone limits for CC5 Reply with quote

Soldiers.adb limit = 111 soldiers (0-110)
GE/AlsTeams.adb limit = 143 teams (0-142)
Vehicles limit = 123 vehicles (0-122)
Weapons limit = 198 weapons (0-197) I suspect 200 is limit.
all been tested in GC

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious, ANZAC_Lord4war..........is it the data entries or the graphics (icons) that top out?

cheers

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:54 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

ye mate u run out of icons way before the weapons.
its pretty simple (u dont have to be in industry)to get around just use some common looking weapon icons for each other.
i.e: like mortars,certain tank guns.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

yukongold

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate

kind of a two for the price of one deal on icons.............saves memory too.......presumeably an icon that is assigned to more than one weapon is only loaded to memory once.

I found that the user interface for CCIV and CCV does use up more of the memory resources............not as many trees allowed on a map in those versions before they will crash. CCIII could handle a lot more trees.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Simtek has admitted CCMT is actually built off CC3 instead of CC4 or 5 and readign the last post NOW I know why I am able to put a ton of trees on the big maps.

In the discussions on tree limits, nobody ever said anything I read about the fact CC4 and 5 had smaller tree limit thatn CC3. In fact it was discuassed by me, SL and Olorin (when we were the only Sitmek graphics guys/map makers)that we thought there was a limit across the board for all versions. But as we made maps at max 4800 x 4800 size there were NO crashes we had due to trees. But reagrdless the fear made me p[aint in trees on many of my maps for the longest time.

So when you say CC4 and 5 handle less trees than CC3 is that overall trees? Or might it be becuase 4 and 5 maps are bigger that you go too far above any limit CC3 would have due to smaller overall space?

I have always been interested in exploring more and more tree rooves.. where dence forest uses rooves coded spaecial with thier own unique sprite damamge.. but as always add it to the heap of things Id love to do but will likely never find time to do!

yukongold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So when you say CC4 and 5 handle less trees than CC3 is that overall trees? Or might it be becuase 4 and 5 maps are bigger that you go too far above any limit CC3 would have due to smaller overall space?

I discovered this when I was first updating CCIV WinterWar. The CC3 map Raater1 was causing crashes after I converted it to CCIV elements. I couldn't find any errors in the conversion.........but after much head scratching, found the tree limit to be what was causing it.

In hindsight I should have kept track of how many trees would allow CCIV to run the map. IIRC correctly Mafi built a tree counting feature into 5CC.

I did a quick test with a program called Process Explorer and the I/O Kbytes for the CC3, 4 & 5 are all quite different just going to the Command Screen. It would be interesting to run some tests with different interface colours too..........that may also have a bearing on the memory available to the exe.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:28 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

AT Stalky had similar problems on a cc5 map using cc4 elements
maybe u should be using CC5 elements.
i have many trees in DDay Utah Sector with no problems.
i can also add elements to the elements file with no problems as well.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the tree limit for CC V ~ 300?

yukongold wrote:
It would be interesting to run some tests with different interface colours too..........that may also have a bearing on the memory available to the exe.

Yikes!

What exactly do you mean by "interface"?

I was about to change the background of the Command Screen in CC V.

yukongold

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Isn't the tree limit for CC V ~ 300?

Talorgan, I think it would depend a bit on the size of the map and size of the trees, but when I checked the Raater1 map I recoded for CCIV WinterWar, it had 2813 trees. I didn't check the original map (coded for CCIII) but I'm guessing it had around 4000.

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by "interface"?

The User Interface (UI) is the screens and gadget files. Although 16bit graphics don't take a lot of memory, I think that some colours would definitely use more than others.

If you wanted to experiment a bit, one program I would suggest is called Sysinternals.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

Because CC doesn't run in a window, you will need to run it and then exit out to have a look at the logged graphs.

cheers

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yukongold wrote:
I didn't check the original map (coded for CCIII) but I'm guessing it had around 4000.

A lot better than 300.

yukongold wrote:
The User Interface (UI) is the screens and gadget files.

It's CCImages I was thinking of.

yukongold wrote:
Although 16bit graphics don't take a lot of memory, I think that some colours would definitely use more than others.

Useful to know. :what2

yukongold wrote:
If you wanted to experiment a bit, one program I would suggest is called Sysinternals.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

Because CC doesn't run in a window, you will need to run it and then exit out to have a look at the logged graphs.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:52 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Soldiers.adb limit = 111 soldiers (0-110)
GE/AlsTeams.adb limit = 143 teams (0-142)
Vehicles limit = 123 vehicles (0-122)
Weapons limit = 198 weapons (0-197) I suspect 200 is limit.
Updated
Weapons limit = 199 weapons (0-198) I suspect 200 is limit.
all been tested in GC/Ops

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: