Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Ryz

Rep: 13.9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:00 am Post subject: Who wants to join the US Army? Reply with quote

Who from this forum can? Who wants to? Who can't but wish they could?

It seems to be a barometer of our society, that so few people are willing to join their army during wartime.

i am in the a Combat Engineer, and would like to mentor someone who wants to join any military service. Post here, PM me - i am not a recruiter, and am here to help.

Graduation ceremony.

Me and Christian Lemley, a fellow soldier, after the ceremony.

Last edited by Ryz on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MySpace Profile: Ask+for+google,+and+Skype+names

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

When you join the US army, you put your hands to the blood bucket of Bush. Have fun there.

Ryz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Searry wrote:
When you join the US army, you put your hands to the blood bucket of Bush. Have fun there.

I respect that you are straight forward in your opinion, however joining the army is taking responsibility for the welfare of your country. Soldiers fulfill an important role for their nation. The sword at your side is not there to make decisions, its there to fight.

Last edited by Ryz on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MySpace Profile: Ask+for+google,+and+Skype+names

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:11 am Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I was a sapper,reserves australian, but then i grew up,had kids,a job and a VR life, i would in hindsight not advise military service to those who do it for any other reason then patrism,and defence of your country.

if its to shoot guns/weapons, go to china, or join a gun club.

if its to see the world,and get paid, get a trade,and a work visa.

if its to fight the enemy(any enemy) just stick to games.

military service is unfortunately always targetting those young souls who can be easily broken in,and made to tasks nobody over 30 would dream of!

if was was fought by old men, there would be no wars, i believe the quote goes!

espree de corp

Ryz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:19 am Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
I was a sapper,reserves australian, but then i grew up,had kids,a job and a VR life, i would in hindsight not advise military service to those who do it for any other reason then patrism,and defence of your country.

military service is unfortunately always targetting those young souls who can be easily broken in,and made to tasks nobody over 30 would dream of!

I agree that its best to join for patriotism, however army has unique benefits that a trade, a trip to china, a gun club membership and games do not have. Benefits like lifelong friendships, and ability to care about Joe standing next to you, as if he was your brother. I also got a chance to confront my fears that I otherwise would still have.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also join, but not the American army!

i stick rather to my small sized, minimal offensively ambitioned, mainly on defense concentrated and peacekeeping exihibiting Greek Army.

It's not about partiotism, it's about defending cultural values.

In fact I take it like the ancient Greeks. Those who dont serve in the army,
DON*T deserve a right to vote in a democracy. Unfortunately few people see it that way.

-----

p.s. Just try not to get yourself killed, in your effort to protect people that would not stand up and fight to conserve their freedom by force. That's what going on in democratic societies right now, and problably thats why we are going to lose the next hegemonic war.

To brave men few words are as good as many

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:46 pm Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:

Hmm i know this quote from Herodotus, but its a litte different.

"In peace son bury they fathers, in war fathers bury their sons"

Ryz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very surprised no one wants to join the US Army. Sad

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryz wrote:
I am very surprised no one wants to join the US Army. Sad

we have nothing against the army, its just that it would be crazy to join the army with the endless bloodbath that is Bush's and Satan's (Cheney's) war.

What would H Jones do?

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryz wrote:
Searry wrote:

I respect that you are straight forward in your opinion, however joining the army is taking responsibility for the welfare of your country. Soldiers fulfill an important role for their nation. The sword at your side is not there to make decisions, its there to fight.

The worse is not Bush. It was WC. He was the one who striked Serbia.

Bush is just a brain-free preson. Clinton was a murder. A sexual deficient. He has made in Europe 1000% worse than this poor Bush.

This message to all my friends in Serbia, non-occupied Bosnia and occupied Kosovo

Cheers
PJ

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the US Army take in foreigners?

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
That's what going on in democratic societies right now, and problably thats why we are going to lose the next hegemonic war.

Do you mean the one in the second half of this century which may or may not see the United States knocked off the pedestal?

Ryz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in the country legally, yes. You can serve in the US Army.

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Talorgan wrote:
Polemarchos wrote:
That's what going on in democratic societies right now, and problably thats why we are going to lose the next hegemonic war.

Do you mean the one in the second half of this century which may or may not see the United States knocked off the pedestal?

probably china or global terrorist ideology.
We lose against China because of a nuclear war with no victor.

We lose against terrorism, cause we wont have a clear enemy nor strike the right opponent. No clear strategic goal for us, while terrorists have simple ones, harass and survive as idea. -> result should be clear.

Last edited by Polemarchos on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Ost_KinsK

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

gogogo USA!!! By kinsk Brazil.

anti-americanismo fede.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:56 am Post subject: think Reply with quote

think about the ppl here for a minute.

age bracketing for a start.
a lot of late teens for young players, and the rest i would put a guess at the 'weight average' at 35 years,or 100kg/200lbs.

of those, a lot have some military service,full time/territiroals/guards/reserves/cadets, something.

those who havent probably tried,but due to physical conditions, mental conditions(i lied i was 'fit' for both hehe...).

that leaves those serving Now, then the VERY few left, who may consider the military.

IF i had to choose today, i'd try navy(bot no fuckin way im going down in a sub,or a sub liutenant, or any other rank, unless its a mixed ship hallo ladies!(then followed by time peling potatoes in cuffs till next port for court martial)...,as i done 3 years in raaf reserve,a bit (3 months)as an ADG(air force defence guard),there SOP is classed as elite.

so recruiting on wargaming sites of CC type will harvest VERY few inquiries. u need 'younger' sites like first person shooters for the young 'dumb'(i use as a joke) to join.

try to get a job on water purification, its highly sought after post army time in middle east, u get to have supplies,sit on ur ass and generally have less ppl trying to kill u,as in active patrolling. failing this, just follow my doctrine of always fucking up, and end up in kitchens, picket duty, mine laying,potato duty, anything but patrolling.

espree de corp

mochoho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:

I couldn't agree more...!!!

http://www.vojska.net

mochoho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
Ryz wrote:
Searry wrote:

The worse is not Bush. It was WC. He was the one who striked Serbia.

Bush is just a brain-free preson. Clinton was a murder. A sexual deficient. He has made in Europe 1000% worse than this poor Bush.

This message to all my friends in Serbia, non-occupied Bosnia and occupied Kosovo

Cheers
PJ

pzjager, i'm from Croatia, which btw Yugoslav army (Serbian) bombed for almost 5 years. I lived through that in my home town and saw things which i wouldn't like to see anymore. The worst part is i do remeber, I was 16 yr. I do not hate Serbs, actually i have one part of my family living there (in Belgrade and Valjevo) and I do know quite a few Croatian Serbs who fought for Croatia , sadly that war like any other wars happened, but yes we had to defend ourselves. Croatia had constitutional right to be independent, like any other former Yugoslav republic. The point is, we Croatian citizens (all nationalities - Croats, Serbs, Hungarians, Czechs, Slovaks, Germans, Italians and others,l had unity in that awful times, and when the war was finished we discovered that, we were manipulated and robbed, although we had to fight for our freedom. The people who manipulated and robbed us are now rich people in Croatia and in Serbia. So, when you go next time to war, ask your self, why? To be clear with this question, yes I would, if youre defending your own family, your own house no matter who's in charge in your country. Again, loudly i say, only in defence and that is because some idiot politician wants to be rich. DIVIDE ET IMPERA...People are sheeps...

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

pzjager, i'm from Croatia, which btw Yugoslav army (Serbian) bombed for almost 5 years. I lived through that in my home town and saw things which i wouldn't like to see anymore. The worst part is i do remeber, I was 16 yr. I do not hate Serbs, actually i have one part of my family living there (in Belgrade and Valjevo) and I do know quite a few Croatian Serbs who fought for Croatia , sadly that war like any other wars happened, but yes we had to defend ourselves. Croatia had constitutional right to be independent, like any other former Yugoslav republic. The point is, we Croatian citizens (all nationalities - Croats, Serbs, Hungarians, Czechs, Slovaks, Germans, Italians and others,l had unity in that awful times, and when the war was finished we discovered that, we were manipulated and robbed, although we had to fight for our freedom. The people who manipulated and robbed us are now rich people in Croatia and in Serbia. So, when you go next time to war, ask your self, why? To be clear with this question, yes I would, if youre defending your own family, your own house no matter who's in charge in your country. Again, loudly i say, only in defence and that is because some idiot politician wants to be rich. DIVIDE ET IMPERA...People are sheeps...[/quote]

Hi,

First of all, let me tell you that I appreciate your message. the only surprising thing is just that I did never say anything about or against Croatia in my post.... I just said something about the islamisation of the balkans... In 1941 and after, I am just sorry to say that a certain part of the former Jugoslavia
did act together with the Muslims... With the Vatican. With the Germans.
All what happened in 1992 was just the last episode of an historical fact. I am roman catholic, as you I believe. It is not why I will give my preference to the croatian side, both in 1941 and 1992.
You say that your family has suffered very much from the civil war. I am sorry for thart but:

1) Who began?
2) In ANY civil war, there are unfortunately acts of barbarism. I don't support them.
3) I can find thousands of serbian which, in 1995, have been striked by the Croatian air force while retreating to their country occupied by the Muslims... Fantastic bravery against unarmed people.
4) Sorry,k buut as an historian, I know exactly what was the Yugoslavian constitution. ANT part of former JUgoslavia had the right for independance but a referendum was asked before. In 1992, both Vatican and Germany -mmmmm.....what a 1940 flavor!) did the job.

Once again, I don't want to see any polemics on this site which is dedicated to CC. You should just understand that we are christians and only have the same enemy.
No alliance yet with that.

NEVER!

Cheers
Panzerjäger

mochoho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by mochoho on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: