Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1262
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:04 am Post subject: CCMT Bugs & Suggestions List Reply with quote

1 - Change grid squares on minimap to alphanumeric
2 - Change color of grid square indicators to something else, you cant make them outclearly on a winter map
3 - Explain the OPFOR ranks
4 - 60mm, 81mm and 120mm mortars all have same icons
5 - Change the thunk sound of the mortars
6 - The .50cal and M1A1 main gun sounds sound washed out or distant
7 - Rank icons on the status bar for American troops do not fit properly, there is a small area on the bottom that a different colour. Also there is alot of white pixels in all American ranks.
8 - Add all the vehicle images, they were in CCM3.1 but not in CCMT. Its useful for knowing if your tilted.
9 - Add team chat
10 - Ability to play vs AI single player or multiplayer with any combinations of human vs AI
11 - Include maps with more city fighting. Modern tactics today are not open field battles. Our theatres are mostly cities and towns at the moment.
12 - Make game launchable via BHQ or better yet, Gamespy.
13 - Deleted
14 - Remove useless sections from the Op Order
15 - Fix the original Op Orders (spelling, grammar, pointless encouraging statements)
16 - Remove observer status
17 - Remove the auto search for LAN games in the multiplayer screen
18 - Make multiplayer screen before battle selection
19 - Ability to tell which enemy vehicle has enemy troops should be removed
20 - Military symbols removed or explained. Theres not much point to have them.
21 - Houses not drawn with the side showing. This is usefull to know where the doors and windows are.
22 - Rotors of the Apache appear to be underneath the helicopter
22 - Redesign the main screen. Its three large rectangles to click on and it doesnt support high res.
23 - Boscity map - I spent a year in Bosnia and any house that had a fire lost the roof. The only thing wooden was the roof beams and they always burned and fell down. The houses all look like warehouses with the red tile knocked off.
24 - Ability to taget friendly troops should not be present. In close quarter melee its very tough to figure out whos who and its only made tougher by being able to target friendly troops. Your men will not shoot when given this command, they will just do nothing untill ordered otherwise.
25 - When turning trees on and off it they sometimes stop re-appearing or partially reappear.
26 - AI does not use mount/dismount
27 - Remove smoke on support strikes. Units are quick enough to move out of the way. Second option would be to just eliminate enemies ability to see the smoke.
28 - Floating soldiers. Men will appear to be sliding or floating on occasion.
29 - Team member are same colour, they should be different somehow to avoid confusion.
30 - Army/Opfor forcepools should be distinct. People can mix and match on both sides.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Last edited by mooxe on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The one with the biggest gun is the leader.

8 - Add all the vehicle images, they were in CCM3.1 but not in CCMT. Its useful for knowing if your tilted.

Yea right,good luck with that.No one has publicly done it ever.Even after Mafis RTB Tool.

9 - Add team chat

Why add what can be already had for free?

Arent those standard for like eons?

21 - Houses not drawn with the side showing. This is usefull to know where the doors and windows are

Same as #8 only different

# 13 just answered Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

Do you think everyone out there knows how to guage rank equivlency? Do you think everyone knows how to interpret the unit symbols.... And lastly, does everyone have a voice chat application and a microphone... No... but we all have keyboards. Did you even think when responding?

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
And lastly, does everyone have a voice chat application and a microphone...

Or has good English pronunciation...

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My map from CCMT doesnt have houses sides in any way showing.. its true.. I make all my maps like that. I should do something about that!

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

House sides? In a top-down view?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:25 am Post subject: Re: CCMT Bugs & Suggestions List Reply with quote

No. A 1000 meter grid square, the entire square has an alpha designation. 100 meter grid squares do not.

2 - Change color of grid square indicators to something else, you cant make them outclearly on a winter map

What color? It could be done for snow maps, but yellow has the best contrast for everything else.

Well, they are goldish, trianglely thingys with some bars and stuff. They are fictitious. Make up your own names. Shoot the guys with leaves on their colors.

4 - 60mm, 81mm and 120mm mortars all have same icons

No they don't. But, a tiny picture of a mortar looks much like other mortars.

5 - Change the thunk sound of the mortars

Only the 60mm's still had that. I'm not sure how that snuck back in. The update will have them all go bang real loud.

I understand that the .50cal is an actual recording. How loud do you want the main guns? They seem loud enough to me, but the .50 gets a new one in the update.

7 - Rank icons on the status bar for American troops do not fit properly, there is a small area on the bottom that a different colour. Also there is alot of white pixels in all American ranks.

The icons are the correct size. What you are seeing is the screen background. This can't be helped. There are no white pixels anywhere in the rank icons. The lighter pixels are just a part of the anti-aliasing.

Atomic had the 3D programs and know how. No one else does.

11 - Include maps with more city fighting. Modern tactics today are not open field battles. Our theatres are mostly cities and towns at the moment.

"Our"? You mean including the Canadian Army? Really? Maps with roofs are the hardest to make and code, hence the limited amount. Several CC5 and CC4 maps have been converted that are urban and more will come.

Then it wouldn't be a five paragraph operations order, then would it? I believe it is on the list.

15 - Fix the original Op Orders (spelling, grammar, pointless encouraging statements)

I told 'em so. I told 'em so.

16 - Remove observer status

Yup.

17 - Remove the auto search for LAN games in the multiplayer screen

Yup.

18 - Make multiplayer screen before battle selection

Or a selection in the the multiplayer screen. That wasted LAN area is prime real estate. I'd also like to see the briefing screen before the battle group screen so one has a clue of what force mix is needed.

19 - Ability to tell which enemy vehicle has enemy troops should be removed

Yup

With a symbol, a silouette and a description the units are explained better than in any other CC game or mod. Players are learning the symbols, that is the point.

24 - Ability to taget friendly troops should not be present. In close quarter melee its very tough to figure out whos who and its only made tougher by being able to target friendly troops. Your men will not shoot when given this command, they will just do nothing untill ordered otherwise.

At least they don't fire like they do in CC5.

25 - When turning trees on and off it they sometimes stop re-appearing or partially reappear.

This has been happening since CCM. Still not figured out.

The AI used to start mounted, but they never liked to dismount until the vehicle was damaged. The AI likes to camp.

27 - Remove smoke on support strikes. Units are quick enough to move out of the way. Second option would be to just eliminate enemies ability to see the smoke.

I suggested the second option a long time ago.

29 - Team member are same colour, they should be different somehow to avoid confusion.

Within a team? They are. Besides, with four nationalities and three uniform (woodland, snow, desert), there aren't many stlyes to go around.

30 - Army/Opfor forcepools should be distinct. People can mix and match on both sides.[/quote]

[i]Which is an nice feature. You're free to mod your own.
[/i]

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maps with roofs are the hardest to make and code, hence the limited amount.

???? Maps with rooves are the HARDEST TO MAKE AND CODE???

Wow, this is a baffling statement!!

Frankly, no they arent...

To code a roof or to code anything else, you have to code it. Its not harder, maybe a few seconds longer to do.

To define a roof it takes about 2 minutes extra touse the roof tool that Mafi has in 5CC and with Groof2 no longer than 5 minutes. Even on a roof heavy map doesnt take much longer.I defined the Ghazwah rooves in probably no longer than 20 minutes. thats probably the biggest roof file that exists for a CC map out there.

Groof 2 is a tougher program to use and look how easy it is to make a roof definition on this link!

http://www.closecombat.org/mmg/10.htm

5CC is even EASIER and FASTER to make a roof definition!

As far as pianting a roof.. should take no longer than painting most of the other things on a map. If you can paint everything else on a map, you should know how to do a roof. Theres also a fair amount of templates for buildings out there to cut and paste them even!

Look at this page to see how simple it is to use template for buildings!

http://www.closecombat.org/mmg/3.htm

Its not harder to make rooves, painting, coding or defining them.. its a very easy process. May take a few extra minutes, but not a whole lot.

Mooxe is right, there not enough of these maps at all. Although I personally prefer to make wilderness maps, the fight on your average map with buildings compared to non buildings is no contest.. buildings ususally make better game play. Why These type maps were left out of CCMT is a guess. I have at least 6-8 all urban maps in my disks on HD on home that werent any harder to make then most of my other maps.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:30 am Post subject: Re: CCMT Bugs & Suggestions List Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:

No. A 1000 meter grid square, the entire square has an alpha designation. 100 meter grid squares do not.

What? I dont care what real life has, were talking about a game here.

Quote:

What color? It could be done for snow maps, but yellow has the best contrast for everything else.

Well I am not sure, its hard to make out the numbers on winter maps.

Quote:

Well, they are goldish, trianglely thingys with some bars and stuff. They are fictitious. Make up your own names. Shoot the guys with leaves on their colors.

Not only does every Tom, Dick and Harry not know how to decipher what ranks are the highest for Opfor, they also do not know the anything of the American ranks. This could of been put in the manual.
Quote:

I understand that the .50cal is an actual recording. How loud do you want the main guns? They seem loud enough to me, but the .50 gets a new one in the update.

"Actual Recording" means nothing about quality. The sound is not in the same "format" as the rest of the gun sounds and sounds distant.

Quote:

The icons are the correct size. What you are seeing is the screen background. This can't be helped. There are no white pixels anywhere in the rank icons. The lighter pixels are just a part of the anti-aliasing.

The icons are the wrong size, this was also point out by Therion.

Quote:

"Our"? You mean including the Canadian Army?

Does it matter what country? Todays warfare is primarily all in built up areas.

Quote:

Then it wouldn't be a five paragraph operations order, then would it? I believe it is on the list.

No I guess it wouldnt be 5 paras then? Who cares, its useless.

Quote:

With a symbol, a silouette and a description the units are explained better than in any other CC game or mod. Players are learning the symbols, that is the point.

The symbols mean nothing to most people. They are not explained anywhere. This is a game, not a sim.

Quote:

Within a team? They are. Besides, with four nationalities and three uniform (woodland, snow, desert), there aren't many stlyes to go around.

4 players on a map, there should be 4 colours. No just red and blue. Zoom out or look at the minimap and you just get confused on whos who.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior Drill, sorry most retail customers aren't US military trained....

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you meanon the mini-map...a different color for each player would be a nice addition for most players...it was originally designed, so that a player could easily see where his allied units are on the minimap. I think it is currently much less complicated to understand a unit that is darker blue (if I am blue) or darker red (if I am red) is my allie, than if I am blue and my allie is yellow or green or orange.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

roeddog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some links that may help.

FM 21-26 MAP READING AND LAND NAVIGATION (indepth explaination of the Military grid system) http://www.cavalrypilot.com/fm21-26/toc.htm

FM 101-5-1 Operational Terms and Graphics (unit symbols)
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/101-5-1/f545con.htm#contents

TRADOC DCSINT: OPFOR World Wide Equipment Guide. Official guide for military sim / live excersizes for the makeup of the OPFOR http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/weg.pdf

FM 100-60 ARMOR- AND MECHANIZED-BASED OPPOSING FORCE ORGANIZATION GUIDE http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/100-60/fm100-60.pdf

FM 100-61 ARMOR- AND MECHANIZED-BASED OPPOSING FORCE OPERATIONAL ART http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/100-61/index.html

FM 100-63 INFANTRY-BASED OPPOSING FORCE ORGANIZATION GUIDE http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/100-63/index.html
**Note: There are more manuals in the FM 100-6X series dealing with the OPFOR a google search will reveal them, I only included what I thought pertinent to our hobby.

For the hardcore grognards amongst us there is a 167 volume set of FM's and other military documents available that are aimed at the modern military simmer; and some good stuff you can use to crush your WWII oponent. You can find it herehttp://www.battlefront.com/products/mrlv1/mrlv1.html I believe the cost is $20.00 USD for the digital download. The editor has done a great job in putting this together. All 167 manuals are in pdf format, annotated and hyperlinked through out.

I sincerely hope these help you guys a little; have fun cause if you aren't, you aren't doin' it right Razz

Regards,
Jeff

GreedyLilAsian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:20 am Post subject: Op Orders Reply with quote

Very good fun game play, however a few gripes. The biggest gripe with the game I have is the 5 paragraph orders that come with the default scenarios are god awful. By taking just an hour or so with each scenario, the developers could have written actual op orders in the format that grunt types wouldn't laugh at.
Orientation:
Situation: enemy(salute, drawd, empcoa) - friendly(higher, adjacent, supporting)
Mission: 5 w's with iot statement
Execution: commander's intent, concept of operations(scheme of maneuver, fire support plan), tasks(5 w's with iot), coordinating instructions
Admin and logistics: admin(bad guys and bandaids), logistics (beans and bullets)
Command and signal: signal(signal plan), command(location of leaders and order of succession)
One final gripe, if the developers meant for this to be an army game, they should take out all the Marine stuff.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

what marine stuff?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

SFC_Klemer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:19 am Post subject: Re: Op Orders Reply with quote

GreedyLilAsian wrote:

One final gripe, if the developers meant for this to be an army game, they should take out all the Marine stuff.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

But in all honesty, I dont really notice any difference between Marine stuff and Army stuff...hell they could have Air Force, but the air conditioners might be hard to render (insert laughter).

As far as American battlefield equipment, its all pretty much the same from one service to the next.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

Jump to: