Hi to all (Hi Squadleader!), This is the completed list of changements for v.1.1 of the mod:
- 1 operation added.
- New color interface when you play in the maps (game.gadg file reworked).
- 2 campaigns reworked.
- 2 operations lightly reworked.
- 7 battles lightly reworked.
- 5 Bgs names reworked/corrected.
- 1 tank and 1 vehicle in tank.azp lightly reworked.
- 1 map preview and 1 map image in stratmap corrected.
- 5 btd map files lightly reworked.
- 12 tga graphics files in scrn.gadg file reworked/corrected.
- 18 tga units images changed/corrected.
- 2 weapons added.
- 19 weapons reworked.
- 1 Team added.
- 14 teams reworked.
- 11 BGs lightly reworked.
- Number of crews of some vehicles corrected.
- Various minor corrections in adb files.
It's only a "touching up work", but I am enough satisfied about it: I think that this version will be definitive for many time. I will upload it soon.
Hi I'm from Russia)
Please correct Russian tank KV-1. In game some german tank's can hit him on a distance under 400 metres. It's really 3 inch front and side armor? or you made a KV-1s with 60mm front and 50mm side armor? or heavy armorred KV-1(e) with 4 inch front and side armor.
Also some questions about russian's 3 inch gun F-32 and L-11. It's really soy bad guns? In fact this guns can hit all germans tank under 1943. Please correct this gun.
But german's gun can hit russian's KV-1 on all distanses. It's about 50 mm guns.
Hi to all! Your support is always really appreciated by me.
Hi Berserk! Don't worry for your english mate, I have understood, and also my english is not perfect (hehe!).
I agree with you that KV tanks must be strong, and that F-32 and L-11 are not weak guns: but.. seems to me that in the mod this thing is enough good (not perfect, enough good): if I remember well, every russian AT gun can destroy german tanks but not the opposite: 3.7 and 4.7 cm guns can't destroy KV tanks; 5cm guns sometime can do it, with yellow target (if I remember well, never green target), and only rear and at the side of the tank: anyway probably you have reason about 5cm guns, probably they are too strong.
Often, I have used/checked the color of targets to compensate my weak knowledge about weapons, re-working data with them as example.
I will try to follow your suggestions re-working the range of some weapons you have mentioned: I'm sorry if the final result will not be perfect, but I will try to correct them.
Hi Berserk! With your informations I think I can do a good work to correct the weapons: thanks! The corrections sure will be in v. 1.1.
More in general, about v.1.1, I'm working to improve a little bit more the data of the mod: I think (and I hope) to finish the work for the first week of juanuary.
I saw this site and thound some mistakes about tanks:
1. KV-1(1941 and (e)) face armor was 95 mm.
2. T-34 in fackt had only 45 mm front and side armor until 1942 and 20 mm top. In 1942 the "tower" was made with 52mm side and front armor and 25 mm top.
3. "Tiger's hunter" IS-2 had 120 mm front armor.
For german. Yes you are right, Pz-IVF2 was main tank of german army and he can hit T-34 ~400 meters. In fackt he can hit T-34 ~1000 meters. And T-24 can also hit him ~1000meters. Pac-40 was best gun and also can hit T-24 at the distances until 1000 meters wish 90%.
I like your mod very much very good map selection you made.
Just a couple of things that probably you know but just checking:
-Some teams start the battle with 'low ammo' status even though they are not. This is fixed by changing the last column on the **teams.adb. This last column means the remaining bursts a team needs to have to be on 'low ammo', I think its an average. check original cc5, stalingrad or gjs for reference.
-the 20mm anti infantry gun fires its rifles when targeting but fires the main gun when using area fire.
I don't know if you can fix this, but in the map "Outskirts of Kharkov" i keep getting crashes. It depends on the units I select whether it crashes or not. I 'think', maybe too much armor in the battle group causes this. Default selected units work ok.
More than one year has passed from my last post. Personal duties have brought me far from close combat (few free time, also now).
First of all I want thank you all for the suggestions about the mod. Actually I can't use some of the key tools for modding close combat, tools like qclone or bgedit: these is due to microsoft virtual machine problem in relation to (for example) data sponge built in java (using it in recent windows versions). A problem that maybe one day I will resolve buying a second computer and installing into it an old windows version, but for now unfortunately I can't modding.
Version 1.1 basically is the same with the changements that you can find in the third post of this topic. Soon I will release version 1.1 as it is.
About your suggestions I need help: if in future one skilled modder want help modding weapons with the suggestions that are in this topic I'm glad (I can't modding, as I have said): these kind of changements will be in a future (hypothetic) 1.2 version.
thanks to my friend's computer I have done a little work on v.1.1.
About the suggestions:
- Ammo count now should be ok for all weapons.
- Crash problem in kharkov suburbs: I have checked the map in various situations, also with many tanks in BGs, but it's never happened to me.
- 20mm gun now should be fixed (even if it's a flack gun not an inf gun, and the use of rifles againt infantry at certain distance remain as for AT guns).
- Power of guns: I had already a little bit reworked some of them in past. Maybe in future I will do a better deep work on them.
- some BGs lightly reworked (forcepools and starting teams).
- reinforcement button restored.
- number of clips of some lmg corrected.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited
and found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some
of the great Close Combat mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank
all the members of our volunteer staff that have helped over
the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!