Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't express how interested I am in how this will turn out.

I was saying to my brother the other day,I wish someone would try this.

But I have some questions..

1. How are you handling the pychic powers?

2. The weapons are so much better in 40k, will they just knock down walls or will the walls be made of a tougher material? i.e rockcrete, plasteel.

3. The eldar are beyond fast, will you represent the speed of a screaming banshee realistically?

Wanlorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer these, having played the beta:
1. As far as I can tell, the only psychic units are the eldar farseer and seer council, and the IG "mindpriests" (probably sanctioned psykers). They all have a "weapon" with unlimited ammo that works invisibly and incredibly well at mid-close range.
2. The weapons act more or less like their CC5 equivalents. If anything, they are weaker due to the personal armor system that reduces actual deadliness.
3. Having only played the IG in the game, I can't say, but from what I have seen, they are pretty fast and can tear you right up in close combat.
Edit: Also, is this ever going to be released, or what? It's been weeks.

flick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering.

Did you get to use any space marines? How big did they look?

Wanlorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did. The beta (available from a website on one of the other posts, i think) is more or less the full-featured mod, except it uses the default Normandy campaign. As such, it includes Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Imperial Guard (Cadians, Stormtroopers and Catachans), Space Marines, Civilians/PDF, and the marines from the Aliens movie. The Space Marines look about normal size, but they have a really high armor save, so it takes a lot of bullets to down them. They also have the best weaponry.

zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAH! Nice to see you, brothers!
It seems to me you like my mod, i'm very happy!
Sorry, but i dont0e have time to make the marines bigger...
This game is based on IV WH40k edition, weapons have the same AP of the game, but different data (ex: the boltgun in no longer a rifle, but a Small MG, but has AP 5+); armors are the same. To know more, there should be a .wrd in the plugin. To assault enemy units in close combat (i mean with swords), you shoul run over tham witn non-pinned troops, or they won't fight. If your banshee are over the enemy non-pinned, they use the sword for the first strike, and it shots 50 times with high AP. Deadly, and more deadly the mec. fists. As you see, there is negative AP too, super AP. But CC troops don't work well if pinned, so you must support them with a lot of covering fire.
Good luck, and may the Emperor, or something similar, be with you...

flick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I do different when downloading this mod..make a new mapfolder, download a new plugin folder?

zcharles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

INSTALLING WARHAMMER MOD:
you should have you cc5 installed and patched, then download the maps and unzip tha maps.zip in the \maps folder, and overwrite. Then install the last plugin. There will be a lot of bugs certanly, but the game runs well.

Tacitus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends and I thank you Zcharles for this mod as it is what we have been imagining for years playing CC.

I have a couple of questions.
1. Can new maps be made or added for the mod? I have been thinking of using some maps from DOW and its sequels for map graphics. Is it very difficult to add new maps to the mod?

2. Do jumppack/jumpjet, and hover vehicle units actually ignore terrain, can they go over buildings?

3. Were you able to implement deepstrike, paratroopers or the like?

4. Are orbital strikes included, the original CC game does have artillery strike capability in the game.

5. Would it be possible for someone/us to make a campaign using the mod?

6. Is it possible to add new weapons, and/or modify their new effects?

7. Is it possible to add new units or armies to the mod?

A lot of questions, but the possibilities are endless!

Anyways thanks again for actually making this mod!

zcharles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well:
1: New maps can be added, but it's a very long work. Too long...
2: Vehicles can move over buildings, but in that case all vehicles can. It's impossible to set some vehicle as a skimmer, othern not. I try a lot of times... and no jetpacks... sigh....
3: PAratropers? Impossible. Remember that the game is a IIWW mod...
4: orbital attack.. what? there is something like that when you use space marines; the tech priest has an orbital attack (in effects it's a huge mortar... )
5: Campaigns? Go on, brothers! Enjoy! Use the edit in the main menu.
6: modding weapons-vehicles data is the most simple mod. There are some easy programs, but you should spen some time to undestand how files works. As you see, there are a lot of III edition data, some IV edition.
7: New units and armies? No, it isn't... i used all the game resources. You shoul replace resources with news.

For now, take the mod as it is, if you have time to spend, begin with modding the weapons, then the vehicles, and at last make new maps.
See you!

Tacitus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Zcharles. So it seems all vehicles will go "over/through" buildings right.

There is multiplayer option for the mod right?

One other question, are there any troop transports? Are you able to put infantry inside vehicles, and have them disembark at different locations?
If not, then I was looking at the new Close COmbat Modern tactics where they have Bradley infantry fighting vehicles that transport troops, as well as helicopters. I wonder it would be a huge amunt of work to translate the mod to CC modern tactics to be able to use transports and helicopter rules for skimmers....Hmmm

It might be a good idea to start a whole folder for the Warhammer mod where many people can discuss, share ideas, and continue to help develop the mod (if you wish), and make new maps!

flick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkScipio wrote:
From what I see, you have done an amazing work.
Is there anything I can help you?

I dont think you can need graphics like that, otherwise let me know.

I suppose it's a fantasy to ever see these used? Shocked

Tacitus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Having trouble installing the mod with config manager. The files should be extracted to config manager plugins correct? Should they be extracted to the root directory, or into a folder?

They extracted into a folder called CC5_Warhammer_pln on my PC and there was no install.txt file for config manager to use. I had to manually place instal.txt into the root directory of plugins so config manager would start the install. Now I am getting an error saying
"WH40Khelp.doc" cannot be copied from System\... to ... because WH40Khelp.doc does not exist. I have looked for this file in the extraxcted files folder and cannot find it. I have downloaded the zip file like 3 times as well.

Any help?

Tacitus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so the problem was Winrar, figures.. Every time I tried to extract the whole zip file Winrar failed to extract half of the files. The files had to be extracted one by one manually. I don't know if there is something set wrong on my PC. If it is WInrar, then Winrar has to be one of the most badly designed programs ever.

Now, about the map files. I extracted all of them individually/manually ot the CC5 maps folder. However there seems to be no index.mps file. I had to copy the index.mps file from the original CC5 maps folder to use. Also, does the mod use the pre-existing CC5 maps and mapnames? When I tried launching the game with no original CC5 maps, it wanted to use them, so I put them back. I did not see any new maps in the maps zip file for the mod that had the same name as the originals from CC5, so it looks like no original Map files are written over.

Last edited by Tacitus on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacitus wrote:
Having trouble installing the mod with config manager. The files should be extracted to config manager plugins correct? Should they be extracted to the root directory, or into a folder?

They extracted into a folder called CC5_Warhammer_pln on my PC and there was no install.txt file for config manager to use. I had to manually place instal.txt into the root directory of plugins so config manager would start the install. Now I am getting an error saying
"WH40Khelp.doc" cannot be copied from System\... to ... because WH40Khelp.doc does not exist. I have looked for this file in the extraxcted files folder and cannot find it. I have downloaded the zip file like 3 times as well.

Any help?

The config manangers don't always manage to do a complete extraction of the plugin. It doesn't happen often, but can screw things up that 1 in 10 or 1 in 15 times that it does.

To manually fix the plugin, change the extention from .pln to .zip and extract it to the (what I assume would be) WH40K folder in System\Packages. That will ensure that all the files are there. It's a good idea to do this manual extraction with every new mod.

If you've tried to run an install that failed, then you have changed files in your game folders. The line that the .doc is on in the Instal.txt is where it stopped and everything above is now WH40K instead of CC5. Everything below is still stock CC5. The ones that have been changed should be backed up in the config manager's Originals folder and need to be cut and pasted back into the proper folders in your CC5 game.

If that doesn't fix it (though it should) just unintall and reinstall CC5 and the patch. The next time you run the install it should work fine.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacitus wrote:
Ok so the problem was Winrar, figures.. Every time I tried to extract the whole zip file Winrar failed to extract half of the files. The files had to be extracted one by one manually. I don't know if there is something set wrong on my PC.

Now, about the map files. I extracted all of them individually/manually ot the CC5 maps folder. However there seems to be no index.mps file. I had to copy the index.mps file from the original CC5 maps folder to use. Also, does the mod use the pre-existing CC5 maps and mapnames? When I tried launching the game with no original CC5 maps, it wanted to use them, so I put them back. I did not see any new maps in the maps zip file for the mod that had the same name as the originals from CC5, so it looks like no original Map files are written over.

Hopefully the "index.mps" that I put in bold italics in the quote above is just a typo in your post. The file is supposed to be index.mpi. Double check that in the plugin and the instal.txt and uninstall.txt files.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Tacitus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Senior.
Yes the file is index.mpi, however I am using the original file, not a new one from the mod, I don't know if that is correct or not but the mod does work at least it runs.

zcharles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

But you should use the index.mpi of the mod, or only few maps will work... Maybe the installer dont' works because you don't have the cc5 patch? let me know if everything is ok, or do it manually. Use mod maps with mod index.mpi!!
Mplayer option? what do you mean? You MUST play CC in multiplayer, it's the only way to fight a true battle. There is a Mplayer option in the main screen, and a champaign ready to be played. You mean this, or?
Put WH40K in CC modern tactics? Possible, but in this case you won't have champaigns, that is the most beautiful option of the game. No campaign, no game...

DarkScipio

Rep: 6.4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is still missing in this mod?

And would anybody like to try to improve/develop/finish this mod together with me?

http://www.therainforestsite.com
Click to help the rainforest. Only one second per Day.
http://www.dieregenwaldseite.de

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: