Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Icewarp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a doubt: When I get the Nebelwerfer42 für SdKfz4, it only fires one time and stay reloading, but do not fire anymore. Is it normal?

Thx for such a great mod!

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Icewarp wrote:
Hi,

Just a doubt: When I get the Nebelwerfer42 für SdKfz4, it only fires one time and stay reloading, but do not fire anymore. Is it normal?

Thx for such a great mod!

The reload time is around 12 minutes. You can fire 2 times if your first fire is within the 3 first minutes

PJ

Icewarp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy
Is there any place where we can check reload times? There is an infantry rocket that takes time to reload too.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pzjager,
I have completed the 1st Rd turn on Day 1. I have held all the maps, even
Beketovka but 3 units are out of supply. One was a mistake by me, the other two were just amazing attacks by the Russian AI.
Pionere Bat 176- Malo Rossochka
GR Regt 120- Iljovinskaia
Arty Regt 3- Marinovka

I have 2 Russian units out of supply and one way low.

Do you have any suggestions for Rd 2 movement?

Cheers, Greg

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

sargexmy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

@Pzt_dragoon47
HAHA yeah, like i said, if only i were the gunner...

anyways, what i found interesting, and kind of annoying is that the "SAVING AMMO" status. since the germans get very little ammo, this is triggered quiet alot.

For example, two russian full inf. teams are rushing a flag defended by a Platoon leader and a panzerknacker unit. well, there is a nice Panzer IV turret there too, with like 5 HE rounds. So while his comrades are getting wiped OUT, the stupid Panzer IV turret refused to fire its HE rounds when the damn russian INF are rushing. Also the MG would not fire, b/c it is "ASSISTING"; of course, the gunner is "SAVING AMMO"

I think it would be better to fire those HE rounds since the enemy is so closed and bunched up to inflict more damage right??

is there any way to remove this "Saving AMMO" limitation? since Germans start with so little ammo, it is very easily triggered, and resulted destruction of two of my teams with out much damage to the rushing russian infantry Sad

mike

dgfred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I've had that problem several times too. In one of the instances I mentioned earlier about amazing AI attacks: A Russian infantry unit went
through a pionere, PAK40, command squad and grenedere squad to continue- while under PZIII fire to capture a vital VL (Tatar's Wall-Iljo.) and
deny my battalion supply Shocked . The unit was down to 2 men and after capturing the VL, the PZIII guned them down... but time ran out. Man, was I pissed. I've been saving my good units and using alot of weak units the
first Rd battles, so their performance under fire has left much to be desired,
but I guess that is the trade off for saving the top units. Casualties have been very high so I'll see if I would have been better off with the good
units instead.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Saving Ammo" mode makes battles more frantic...you have to micro manage these low ammo units...order them to fire manually. If you want the to fire again...order them manually again. Don't be lazy! Very Happy Very Happy

sargexmy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i did.
i re plot the orders to fire multiple times.
however, unlike mortars, which if you plot the order again, they will stop saving ammo and fire...
the panzer iv turret, and i assume all guns, still refuse to fire even when the enemy is like on top of them,
which then they can't fire anymore b/c ofthe short range Sad

Also, it tried to see if can give Germans more ammo. but it seems like pzjager coded the maximum ammo for these guns to be very low instead of using the low supply setting in the "create a scenario" place.

b/c when i tried to edit the grand campaign, the germans are already at "full supply"

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to lower the number on the last column of GETeams.adb file using Qclone.

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

dgfred wrote:
Hey pzjager,
I have completed the 1st Rd turn on Day 1. I have held all the maps, even
Beketovka but 3 units are out of supply. One was a mistake by me, the other two were just amazing attacks by the Russian AI.
Pionere Bat 176- Malo Rossochka
GR Regt 120- Iljovinskaia
Arty Regt 3- Marinovka

I have 2 Russian units out of supply and one way low.

Do you have any suggestions for Rd 2 movement?

Cheers, Greg

Hi,

If you feel confortable enough to hold the terrain two turns (1 day) more, and if your unit in Marinovka is not in a too desperate condition, you can try to hold it in Marinovka, then disband it in two turns so that it wille reappear in Goroditsche. When it will reappear, you will be free to use it as your "firemenn" unit within the Kessel and send it on the areas of the front when the situation is the most difficult.

I see that you are ready to loose Malo Rossochka.. as well as me. The russian unit here is strong and agressive, and as weel as you, I have been rapidly out of supply, then destroyed.... This damned soviet unit is now in Bolsche Rossochka where I am fighting hard with my 212/79 to hold the terrain. The situation is very difficult an other time. Fortunately this russian unit is uncircled by my 3rd (mot) unit (the one I disbanded and reappeared in Goroditsche) and my FlaK division that I take from Pitomnik. So, dangerous, but immobilised for the moment... JUst hope that the 79 will hold some time more...

If you are on the way to loose Iljovinskaïa (surprised to see that: the map is large and, normally, the enemy takes some time to keep the flag to the center of the Kessel (Kasialinsk, if I remember well), then I would say that your situation is far from being good! Try to hold the terrain and try to send a "firemen" unit to stop the enemy advance (You should still have the romanian cavalry div somewhere...). That's all you can do, I fea..

Good luck

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sargexmy wrote:
@Pzt_dragoon47
HAHA yeah, like i said, if only i were the gunner...

anyways, what i found interesting, and kind of annoying is that the "SAVING AMMO" status. since the germans get very little ammo, this is triggered quiet alot.

For example, two russian full inf. teams are rushing a flag defended by a Platoon leader and a panzerknacker unit. well, there is a nice Panzer IV turret there too, with like 5 HE rounds. So while his comrades are getting wiped OUT, the stupid Panzer IV turret refused to fire its HE rounds when the damn russian INF are rushing. Also the MG would not fire, b/c it is "ASSISTING"; of course, the gunner is "SAVING AMMO"

I think it would be better to fire those HE rounds since the enemy is so closed and bunched up to inflict more damage right??

is there any way to remove this "Saving AMMO" limitation? since Germans start with so little ammo, it is very easily triggered, and resulted destruction of two of my teams with out much damage to the rushing russian infantry Sad

mike

Hi,

That's something I could do, but only with the tanks and guns, I believe... If I do that with the soldiers as well, the game will loose a lot.

What do the other players thainK?

Regards
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Icewarp wrote:
Thank you Very Happy
Is there any place where we can check reload times? There is an infantry rocket that takes time to reload too.

HI,

What do ou mean by an "infantry rocket"?

There isn't any special place, but I can tell you that Nebelwerfer is around 12 minutes, the FO about 7 minutes, the Katyusha's 82 quite fast as well, and the 132 Kats close to 12 minutes as well.

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sargexmy wrote:
Also, it tried to see if can give Germans more ammo. but it seems like pzjager coded the maximum ammo for these guns to be very low instead of using the low supply setting in the "create a scenario" place.

b/c when i tried to edit the grand campaign, the germans are already at "full supply"

Hi, CERTAINLY DON't TRY TO GIVE MORE AMMO TO THE GERMANS!!!! IT WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE NONSENCE AND PUT OUT ANY INTEREST AND HISTORICAL ACCURACY OF THE MOD

Historiccally, on january 10th, germans had more or less 30% (maximum!) of their normal ammo. In SOC, it is 30 to 35, depending on the units. It is totally playable provided you change your fighting habits!!! Don't waste your ammo! Let the russian progress and shoot them at close range! This is what is new and interesting in the mod.

If you don't like it, play another mod!

But once again, SOC with more ammo would not be SOC any longer.

Cheers
PJ

P.S. Yes, the GC is settled with 100% ammo to the germans simply because..... the low ammo settling does not work in CC!!!!!!! Try to organise a GC with low or no ammo on the stock game and you will see... So, the only way to mimic the reality was for me to make it full ammo in the scenario editor, but lower a lot in the datas.

P.S.2. Don't desperate. Just change you r way of playing and you will know this fantastic moment when you have 20 russians charging, while asking to your soldiers to retain their fire until the last minute! Broooouuhhhh, I like it!

_arthas_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:

It is totally playable provided you change your fighting habits!!! Don't waste your ammo! Let the russian progress and shoot them at close range! This is what is new and interesting in the mod.

But once again, SOC with more ammo would not be SOC any longer.

Yeah, thats exactly what u should do, dont waste ammo. Im playing with no time limit and no moral limit, just with taking all VL-s with 2 mins warrning... and yes, sometimes a battle is taking more than an hour, even two.. but i like it that way, its just like playing chess, and im wining every battle with germans.. mod is just great as it is. EVERY SINGLE BULLET COUNTS.

The only thing that is frustrating is that bs of pathfinidg for wehicles, but its the game engine to blame only.

For those that have "saving ammo" problems, someone said earlier not to be lazy, click, play, u are the commander after all... but if u realy want for your tank to fire all of his shells, just do this: when u see a gunner displaying saving ammo, just put a wehicle or gun to ambush. when u c a gunner turned from saving ammo to green "ambushing", just click fire on enemy unit u want them to fire at.. and they will fire. repete these steps untill they left with no ammo hehe.

pzjager, thx man for this great mod, u got me realy inspired to make a great mod like that. i was planing this 10 years ago, with CC2, but i didnt have enough resorces on the internet to do a historicaly correct battles, now i found them and soon i will start making something. Im going to try to create a last battles of the german 97.th corps and parts of the yugoslav 4th army in "Battle for Rijeka", something like that Very Happy

cheers

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas pzjager. I decided to disband the 3 arti at the start of
Rd 2 and try to recapture supply roads in Malo Rossochka and Iljovinskaia. So
far Rd 2 has been very successful- disbanded Russian BG in Novo Rogatschik,
and re-captured supply road in Malo Rossochka (hoorah). The road in Iljo shouldn't be too difficult because the Russians just sent one infantry squad
(through 3 or 4 of my units) to gain the Tatar Wall VL, I feel confident that
I can re-capture it, as long as I have enough ammo to do the job. I also
dropped back a couple of units from the west- 14PZ and PZAbwehr Abtl 53
and a few in the northwest, so I should be ok. Casualties are increasing for the Russians as I become more familier with the maps and bring some of my better units into play. I've completed 5 battles in Rd 2 (day 1), my next one
is in Jelchi with the 20th Romanians. Cheers, Greg

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

All is well, both Malo Rossochka and Iljovinskaia units are back in supply :Cool .
After 8th battle of Rd 2 (day 1) casualties are mounting for the Russians and
my defense is pretty solid, all units are in supply. Thanks for the fun pzjager.

*next game I may put a 'no 1st Rd moves' self limitation on the Germans to
simulate a sort of surprise attack. I don't want the moves to confuse the
Russian AI or to prevent any later reinforcements. Still thinking about it.

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very awesome Stalingrad Operation Circle mod!!! Thank you for all your efforts and talent in making this an extremely wonderful playing experience.

"I'm lovin' it!"

Icewarp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
Icewarp wrote:
Thank you Very Happy

HI,

What do ou mean by an "infantry rocket"?

There isn't any special place, but I can tell you that Nebelwerfer is around 12 minutes, the FO about 7 minutes, the Katyusha's 82 quite fast as well, and the 132 Kats close to 12 minutes as well.

Cheers
PJ

It´s the Vorg Beobatcher wepon, 15cm sFH18.

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

tripwire wrote:
Very, very awesome Stalingrad Operation Circle mod!!! Thank you for all your efforts and talent in making this an extremely wonderful playing experience.

"I'm lovin' it!"

Many Thanks. SOC is a result of 14 months of hardwork and 2 years additional experience with SOC.

Your message give me a lot of happiness

Have fun

PJ

P.S. SOC German Vetmod will be ready during 2008 and SDK v2.0 with the Submod around beginning 2009.

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Icewarp wrote:
It´s the Vorg Beobatcher wepon, 15cm sFH18.

Hi, Oh! I understand now! OK, It is a 15cm hevay gun, so you need some time to reload!

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: