Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Pzt_Pandemic

Rep: 10.3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 AM

Northern Heights

Strategic Overview

The following forces were deployed into battle

Our defense in this sector was centered around the town itself with a few units positioned behind the hills to prevent any flanking manuever.

Our division in the Northern Heights are one of the few in the circle that are equipped with heavy armor. The Russians were foolish enough to attack without any armor support whatsoever. They quickly realized their mistake and were very hesitant to attack. They bypassed the town and snuck to the west and the north. There were no casulties to report in this sector.

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 AM

Orlovka

Strategic Overview

Once again we enjoyed a superiority in armor. This played out well to our advantage since we were in control of many of the warehouses as well. There was little action except for a few mortars dropped onto our Tank destroyer. The enemy snuck to the west and managed to expand into the brush factory.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi both of you,

First, congratulations for your nice pictures and comments! Its seems to me like a movie!

Anyway, I feel that the soviet player is really playing as a .....AI player, if not much worse! Come on, man, these Axis forces are close to agony!

(To the Axis Player, as a confidence, kill them! If they are not able with 3x more amo than you and 20x vehicles than you to win.... THen I will continue to believe that CC has nothing to do with H2H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
PJ

P.S. SOC is MUCH MORE INTERESTING AND DIFFICULT AGAINST THE AI

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
Hi both of you,

First, congratulations for your nice pictures and comments! Its seems to me like a movie!

Anyway, I feel that the soviet player is really playing as a .....AI player, if not much worse! Come on, man, these Axis forces are close to agony!

(To the Axis Player, as a confidence, kill them! If they are not able with 3x more amo than you and 20x vehicles than you to win.... THen I will continue to believe that CC has nothing to do with H2H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
PJ

P.S. SOC is MUCH MORE INTERESTING AND DIFFICULT AGAINST THE AI

HAHA thanks pzjager. I've heard Ronson is a good player and he is using the first round to just get a feel for things. As for me, I'm content with playing defense and keeping my supply lines open. There won't be too many offensive endeavors for me however as the first battle on turn 2 will prove, but that is yet to come. 25 days is a long time and he has plenty of opportunity to crush me so we'll see.

I'm playing another SOC campaign against someone else and they have almost the exact opposite playing technique. Their strategy is to just swarm all over me and completely overrun me in every sector. The gameplay is a lot more fluid as he's pushed me off a couple maps, I've pushed him off 1 or 2 but I find it easier when you can keep your entire line intact.

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 AM

Grain Silo

Strategic Overview

Our defense was focused on protecting our supply lines into this sector so our deploy was more concentrated on the warehouses to the west of the grain silo rather then the grain silo itself. This proved worthwhile as this is where the main Russian attack was directed.

The battle began with Russian forces quickly moving into the warehouses directly into our prepared defenses. A flamethrower we had positioned in the front to ambush were the first to fire and set alight several russian troops. The enemy moved in a T-34 just out of range of our and they were quickly dispatched by the enemy armor.

The T-34 moved up between the row of warehouses and came within site of our Pak-40. After 2 shots bounced off the soviets called in an artillery barrage that destroyed our gun and the infantry positioned next to it.

The soviets continued to advance under the cover of the demon possessed T-34. Our mortars began barraging the advancing Soviets and must have struck some sort of chemical depot as the whole building was consumed in one large explosion.

The Satan T-34 advanced mowing down our troops that were unfortunate enough to be in it's path. One of our Platoon Leaders were brave enough to assault the enemy beast, but after 6 grenades the T-34 simply rotated its turret and did what it does best. After a bloody battle, the Soviets were able to capture the western warehouses but were stopped just short of our supply line into the sector. Thankfully we get to fight again here.

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 AM

Krasnaia Plochad

Strategic Overview

Our defense was focused on protecting the Univermag and the Northern buildings, not so much the sout as the Russians would have to cross open ground to get there. The anticipated attack was expected in the north.

And in the north it came. They started pouring until the buildings but were met by German steel and determination. Our few advance units were able to hold them off for the duration of the battle. But not without taking some casulties themselves.

Our aukflarer team in the south also successfully lured the soviets into a trap for our snipers. They baited the russians into showing themselves, making easy targets for our snipers in the univermag.

The soviets made little gain in the sector and our troops morale is quite high.

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 AM

Krasniy Okitabr

Strategic Overview

Our defense was spread throughout the factories instead of being centrally located as to prevent any mass breakthrough. Our infantry were set to ambush underneath the rubble

The soviet attack began as troops moved through and captured the furnace area. Our unit positioned in the area opened fire and inflicted heavy casulties on the russians.

The russians attempted to move a squad around and try and flank us from the right. However, they were not counting on our MG we had positioned to our rear. It opened up and cut them to shreds.

Our MG drew the attention of russian artillery and 5 mens lives were cut short

The Russians finally managed to get up enough courage to charge the position and did. Thankfully they were unable to advance very far before the battle ended.

[/u]

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 AM

Barrikady

Strategic Overview

Our defense was concentrating on protecting the southern area in order to protect our supply routes. Once again we enjoyed a superiority in armor. Both in numbers, and quality.

The soviet once again launched their assault straight into our defenses and this time we were prepared. After an ambush by our Grenadiers, our mortar teams opened up and gave them hell.

The russians tried to charge the warehouse by force under a giant veil of smoke but were turned back by our crack troops.

In the end the soviet offensive led to little gain on their part. However one of our open turret AT guns were immoblized by enemy mortars.

[/u]

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 AM

Traktornniy Zavod

Strategic Overview

Our forces were spread evenly throughout the factories to prevent any penetration by enemy forces.

The main direction of the russian attack came southwards towards our forces guarding our southern supply line. After a brief firefight, it was discovered that our men were sitting on top of some flammable chemicals and one spark was all it took...

The russians moved slowly and managed to capture some key points within the factories before the battle ended. Even though our unit positioned in the south was devestated we managed to hold on to the building.

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

End of Day 1 AM

Sir, We are extremely pleased with our defense all around the circle. Not only have we been able to hold the Soviets at bay, but we have kept almost all our supply lines open. We have given the Soviets a reason to fear us and to be hesitant. Casulties have been light on both sides and we have lost some armor, but in general have inflicted greater casulties upon the Soviets.

We have followed your orders and instructed the 3rd division to withdraw from Marinovka and attack into Karpovka. We instructed the 53rd division to withdraw to Novo Alexpivora. The 3rd is not only out of fuel and ammo in Marinovka, but protecting Novo Alexpivora is key in keeping our supply open. The armor in the 53rd has the best chance of repelling any attacks into the area.

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting first morning, we have now scouted the defences and can pick the points to attack strongly while pinning the rest in place.

Come turn 2 it will be time to start reducing the AT and armour of the German forces, before moving in with our glorious infantry Smile

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OK ronson, let loose the 'dog's of war' :Cool . Thanks for the pics pande, so much fun following the battle with visuals.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Last edited by dgfred on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

LiveFree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Im having a blast reading your AAR's. I hope the battle hasn't been abandoned. I can't wait for the next installment in this report! Smile

happy gaming!

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope the battle hasn't been abandoned

No worries on that score mate, just the inconvenience of the bit of water called the Atlantic and a few time zones between us that slows things up a bit Laughing

Expect some more of the same very soon!

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 P.M.

Dimitrievka

Strategic Overview

We prepared extensive defenses in this sector and decided to utilize them. We deployed the bulk of our forces along the trenches and bunkers with a number of forces in the town to both protect from an incursion in the north and to provide support to our first line.

The Russians began by attacking towards our defensive line from the west but they must have been drunk on grain alchohol because they stumbled into our minefields and our mortars took full advantage inflicting heavy casulties.

After we inflicted casulties upon the russians they were hesitant to attack but attempted a small incursion in the north sustaining even more casulties. Ours were minimal. If only our defense could be this good in every sector...

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 P.M.

Karpovka

Strategic Overview

The following forces were deployed into battle.

Our attack force was positioned in the western section of town with the intention of attacking to the north to secure our supply lines.

Our 2 remaining tanks in this particular battlegroup were positioned in the front to support our advancing infantry. Our infantry slowly advanced to the north but quickly came under fire from the eastern section of town. A soviet light tank was spotted advancing on our position in the south. One of our tanks was sent to respond to the threat but found itself the victim of an enemy AT gun hidden in a house.

We encountered enemy infantry before we could reach the the supply road and a fierce firefight erupted.

Our remaining tank advanced along the frozen river with an infantry unit in front to screen for any enemy infantry. However those damned Russians did what they do best and hid than ambushed us. Before we even know what had happened our tank exploded into flames and the crew bailed out. Infantry began to open fire from each side of the bank and made short work of our infantry.

We took heavy losses in our attack and lost both of our tanks in this battlegroup. It is apparent that our attack capacity has been severely reduced and in this sector it failed and our losses were too damn heavy.

Last edited by Pzt_Pandemic on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Great battles boys and nice AAR's Pandemic. Makes me look forward to continuing the afternoon of Day1 on our GC.

Good luck and keep up the nice AAR

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 P.M

Kasatschiy Kurgan

Strategic Overview

Again our defense was concentrated within the cover of the town itself with plenty of AT capability spread through the town.

The soviet advance was slow and no enemy contact was made. There were only a couple of casulties to report from enemy artillery.

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 P.M.

Voroschilov

Strategic Overview

Our defense was once again centered within the safety of the town with a few forces stationed on the south side of the bridge to prevent any soviet flanking manuevers.

As soon as the Soviets began their attack it was evident we were going to have tremendous defensive success in this sector. Our Stug positioned on the north side of the Karpovka Bridge opened fire on an enemy KV-1 striking it on it's front. All it took was 2 shots to penetrate the enemy armor and it was soon in flames.

Our Pz IV positioned on the south side of the bridge meanwhile opened fire on a enemy KV-1 on the southern edge of town on the north bank of the river. Once again after only a couple shots the enemy tank became a death sentence for its occupants!

After we made short work of that metal beast our Pz IV turned it's attention to a T-34 that was firing back, after a couple volleys though, Russian artillery was quickly called in to deal with our tank which was offering such astonishing resistance, and was sadly destroyed.

But the damage was already done. With most of the enemy armor disabled or destroyed Russian infantry could not enter the town. Instead they were forced to sneak to the west and managed to capture a small portion of the souther section of town and the Karpovka bridge.

HURRAH FOR THE 14TH PANZER DIVISION!!! Their work here today has surely bruised the Soviet battlegroup and indefinently halted their advance in this sector. We managed to destroy 2 KV-1 monsters and damage 2 T-34's with only losing 1 Pz IV. Our defense will continue to hold for the Fatherland!

Pzt_Pandemic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1 P.M.

Baburkin

Strategic Overview

The following forces were deployed into battle.

Our defense was spread across the field with our Stug's positioned behind the hill to prevent any enemy ATG from getting the first shot.

Good news in this sector general, The russians apparently decided not to press the attack in this sector and their bg could be put to better use somewhere else. They offered no resistance and allowed us to push them out of the sector.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: