Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Koenuppa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:43 pm Post subject: Error in RSR 1.0 Install.txt (fixed) Reply with quote

There's either an error in the install.txt file, caused by 2 missing files or there are 2 missing files in the RSR1.0 PLN file. Anyway, this caused my install to fail and mess up my Invasion Normandy folder:

copy $THIS\Soviet Superiority $CC\Data\Campaign\SovietSuperiority
copy $THIS\NATO Superiority $CC\Data\Campaign\NATO Superiority

These two lines in the bottom of the install.txt file cause the problem cause the 2 campaign files referred to do not excist in the PLN file.

Remove these lines in install.txt and it should install correctly.

Am i correct in stating this or do i just have a corrupted PLN file?

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: Error in RSR 1.0 Install.txt Reply with quote

Koenuppa wrote:
There's either an error in the install.txt file, caused by 2 missing files or there are 2 missing files in the RSR1.0 PLN file. Anyway, this caused my install to fail and mess up my Invasion Normandy folder:

copy $THIS\Soviet Superiority $CC\Data\Campaign\SovietSuperiority
copy $THIS\NATO Superiority $CC\Data\Campaign\NATO Superiority

These two lines in the bottom of the install.txt file cause the problem cause the 2 campaign files referred to do not excist in the PLN file.

Remove these lines in install.txt and it should install correctly.

Am i correct in stating this or do i just have a corrupted PLN file?

Koenupa launch the game u will see that RSr is installed correctly... But to unistall it you will got a problm

to uninstall the mod, u need to:

1: move your CCv maps folder out of CCV..
2: delete the RSR Mod from your Cfg and move your plugins folder out of your CFGmanager.
3: unistall CCV via control pannel/supress program
4: delete the SSi folder completly
5:delete your CFG manager completly
6: reinstall CCV and patch it
7: move the old map folder in your new CCv install
8:install a new CFG
9: move in this CFG the older plugins folder to replace the new one and launch the Cfg manager and wait a while that the manager install all plugins in the package folder...
then you 've got again your CCv without the RSR mod
in wait that this error is fixed, just install a new CCV and Cfg manager specially for RSR

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Its fixed on CCS. I deleted both lines untill drew addresses this issue with a new PLN.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Koenuppa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it: i checked the uninstal.txt file and it seems ok. When i try uninstalling it says: reminder: seperate should be tab not space....But all seperators are tabs....right?

Koenuppa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When it gives the error in the uninstall proces...it has uninstalled the RSR1.0 mod anyway and cc5 has been set back and works again...
If the config manager program still lists the mod as installed:
Just open the config file in the System folder of the config manager with notepad and cut RSR 1.0.pln from the installed list and paste in the uninstalled list...Save and exit and now you should be able to install mods again...Zappi's instructions seem unlogical to me...

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Koenuppa wrote:
When it gives the error in the uninstall proces...it has uninstalled the RSR1.0 mod anyway and cc5 has been set back and works again...
Just open the config file in the System folder of the config manager with notepad and cut RSR 1.0.pln from the installed list and paste in the uninstalled list...Save and exit and now you should be able to install mods again...Zappi's instructions seem unlogical to me...

well it was how i did to unistall RSR and get back the CCv regular ... it worked for me, but i hope the pln will be fixed soon and will able us to load and unload the mod easily

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Koenuppa do you mean the pln file here is wrong? Since you posted what to delete, I modified the version here to reflect that.... I can uninstall and install without any errors..... can you? (now?)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Koenuppa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooxe, i can install without errors after having deleted the lines, but at uninstalling it gives me an error, the error doesn't state that some files can't be moved, but it says that the seperations between lines in the uninstal.txt should be Tabs, not Spaces. I checked all of them, and they are all Tabs, so i don't understand...Maybe my config manager was just being weird. Anyways, that can be fixed like i said in the previous post.
I don't know whether the uninstal.txt is incorrect...if u guys say u don't have this problem then maybe it's my cfg manager..???
Maybe u can send me your uninstal.txt?

Koenuppa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ZAPPI4 wrote:
Koenuppa wrote:

well it was how i did to unistall RSR and get back the CCv regular ... it worked for me, but i hope the pln will be fixed soon and will able us to load and unload the mod easily

Zappio, no offense meant there mate. I'm just trying to find the best solution for the problem and i haven't needed to do 9 steps including deleting everything and reïnstalling. It's a small problem that lays in the install and/or uninstall text files...If you have the same error message when uninstalling, u can just edit the config text file and your done...Saves u 8 other steps and alot of work.

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Koenupa, did you deleted the RSR package folder before reinstalling the Mod pln?
if not it's normal that the error still...

the latest files Rsr1.0 is clean now, u can use it, if the error still, follow how i said ^^^^^^^^^^ and reisntall all Wink it will work

Antifa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great Mod -- wow -- just amazing (you guys could quit your day jobs and do this for a living) - Bravo -- just one quick fix I noticed (I just posted this on another thread but thought I'd bringit to your attention:

It involves the Marder and its Milan

mine_surveyor wrote:
"One question...has anyone noticed that in the forcepool, the Marder shows as being equipped with the Milan AT rocket, but in game play none come so equipped!?!??? Am I missing something??? "

Yes -- it's a twofold problem that's easily fixed if you have QClone.

The main problem is that the Marder needs an extra crew member. There are only 3 and it needs 4. 1 for each weapon (there are already two MGs) and 1 to drive but there also is a problem with the ammo.

In the Vehicles text, the Marder mistakenly gets 12 AP ammo for it's 3rd turret gun (the Milan) instead of 12 Heat ammo. -- so you have to change that. Also in the Vehicles text you need change the crew designation for the Marder from 3 to 4.

In the teams text you need to add an extra guy to the crew (and his rank) and you also need to change the the crew size from 3 to 4.

Once you do that, you'll be good to go and your Marder will fire the Milan. (The Marder can take a hit or two as well, so it's a reliable AT vehicle) I don't want to post my text, however, unless the Mod makers ask me to because it gets confusing when you have number of text versions floating around.

I love the mod too and I've been making some changes to add larger inf teams and less vehicles for my own personal amusement. I have to say that the attention to graphic detail in terms of the maps, weapons, and vehicles, is extraordinary -- amazing. It's a great Mod.

Dougal_MacKensie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:28 pm Post subject: Errors in .PLN files Reply with quote

As I have also mentioned in another post, there are still errors in the .PLN files that are available from this site. I just now confirmed that the INSTALL.TXT file still has a [space] where only [tab] is allowed as a delimiter. This is in the VERY last line, where it is attempting to move the "NATO Superiority" campaign. All of the campaigns are present in the .PLN file. Deleting those 2 campaigns from the install file isn't going to help any, unless you also remember to delete them from the UNINSTALL.TXT file. It strikes me that it easier to remove that one [space] than to remove those campaigns from this magnificent mod. Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: