Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drill and Co, Well well well

So you now see the problems…. A new attitude I see to, thank you.

Then WHY are you and your friends upkeep the bitching and trolling of the doubters here at CCS?
And the Spamming that is so destructive to a forum.
Or did you just now see the light Drill?

If so Im happy?

Convince me please.. Give me some years...

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
Quote:
Like i said, this is my personnal view, nothing about CCS creator.

in the bottom of the site:
Homba, Zappi, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE created this site in August of 2004.

looks like u r one of the creators Wink.

One of them mate yes only one of them Wink
So i repeat, i speak about my name not CCS Wink But if you feel happy like this
Yes from 1 CCs creator Razz

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i am in to the last man,

nobody takes over CCS, without a good fight

"Oh stanger, passer by go tell the community that here we lie protectig the site from foreign incurcions, according the laws of the last free man in a CC-gaming world"

To brave men few words are as good as many

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...

Ganging up..

Trolling...

Driving off...

what a load of rubbish

Every time I make a post here 6 ppl jump down my neck.... LOL

No one is stopping you from playing CC5 to your hearts content, you all seem to indicate that you are being wrestled into buying new releases of CC against your will.

Of course that's not the case.

But thousands of ppl have made the decision to buy the new releases and are happy with them, which of course they should be as the games are great.

You may think otherwise, but that's just your opinion.

I don't like World of Warcraft but I don't hound the developers to make it more like CC.

Trogers thread on improvements/enhancements to CC has been one of the few worthwhile posts around here in the last couple of weeks.

You guys ignore new players call for help with technical issues or assistance.... all they get is "Read the FAQ"... very unfriendly.

Any posts referring to the new releases get SPAMMED by you bunch of hard done by gamers hiding here at CCS.

The biggest highlight for you guys , it seems , is the MIA of the CSO site... well briliant, it was targeted by hackers.. makes me even wonder if one or more of you is involved in that.

You keep referring to the "infighting" at CSO ... I'm not aware of anything different than what goes on in real life... differences of opinion and determining focus on what is the job at hand.

And Now I've been "warned " for being constantly attacked and abused in these forums...........

Nice job with this site guys
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh stanger, passer by go tell the community that here we lie protectig the site from foreign incurcions, according the laws of the last free man in a CC-gaming world

Heard ringing from the bastion of fear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:
Drill and Co, Well well well

It's just me, man. I'm not with anyones company, business or companion wise.

Quote:
So you now see the problems…. A new attitude I see to, thank you.

I think we can agree that we see the problems a bit differently, but that we can discuss that difference until we get bored of the topic. My attitues haven't changed, but maybe your perception of them has. I also don't feel obligated to be gagged by the contractual agreements I had signed with a company that no longer exists, so I can say things now against their practices that I once had to keep to myself.

Quote:
Then WHY are you and your friends upkeep the bitching and trolling of the doubters here at CCS?
And the Spamming that is so destructive to a forum.

There you go again. Me and "my friends". I speak for myself, as you do for youself. Would you please define for me what is bitching, trolling and spamming, which I am not aware of deliberately doing, so that I can avoid doing so in the future and getting your hackle up unnecessarily? If I really wanted to piss you off, I'm quite capable of doing so, but that's never been my intention. But now I know one of your buttons to push. Wink

Quote:
Or did you just now see the light Drill?

If so Im happy?

Nah, but I think I can safely say that we see the light through different colored lenses. I hope you can be happy with that.

Quote:
Convince me please.. Give me some years...

I don't feel enough of a need to try. Not my job anyway. But I am willing to discuss it civily.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The biggest highlight for you guys , it seems , is the MIA of the CSO site... well briliant, it was targeted by hackers.. makes me even wonder if one or more of you is involved in that.

Wow,
Well, It cant be me who hacked it, for i have cried every day since CSO Forum went down, not because I loved it, I dint really care, but because you and yer friends was "busy" there, thus was not here and do what you do now..
See how simple it is, Just apply some simple logic and you don’t have to make such "silly" accusations and make such a fool of you self.

THINK

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

1 : You guys ignore new players call for help with technical issues or assistance.... all they get is "Read the FAQ"... very unfriendly.

2 : Any posts referring to the new releases get SPAMMED by you bunch of hard done by gamers hiding here at CCS.

3 : And Now I've been "warned " for being constantly attacked and abused in these forums...........

4 : Nice job with this site guys

Mmmmh...
I'm not sure to follow you.

1: If u v got the time, read into the technical forum how many time help
was give to user. I means other than forward to FAQ. Anyways, does a
FAQ isnt maded to help people in the Frequency Ask Question? So now ask
member here to see how many time i spend my time on GS to explain them
how to fix this problem. And to doing this, i'm not alone.

2 : a -Sorry mate, but for exemple CCS released with french Cyber game magazine
an article for the COI release. I written this article for this french magazine
with some CC player. And the article was online here.
b -Many player didnt spam the re-release post, but simply just show
to the developper than sometime it may be better to ask the core gamer
not only the team who developping the game. But of course some did for
sure spammed those post. Maybe cos they didnt like so much this later
update of game. To be aware of that u may browze the right forum
where i see many post from player about game porpose.

3 : I never heard you about this except the latest post and this one.

4 : mmmh, easy way

Last edited by ZAPPI4 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Troger

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:
Troger, the other was Chris Bean, aka Beeblebrox, banned from CSO a year ago on advice from a lawyer.  Had he and Sulla had kept Simtek business off CSO, it may have survived their falling out.  But it became tied together and it is my opinion that that is why it is now taken down.  And I could be totally wrong about that, too.

Are either Wallace or Bean involved with the development of any future releases? If I had to choose one I hope it's Bean.. he was very receptive to some changes. Do you know who runs ST3?

It makes sense that they got put in a rough place with the CSO pages. Turning to a fan-based community to a game rep isn't easy.

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

But thousands of ppl have made the decision to buy the new releases and are happy with them, which of course they should be as the games are great.

You dont speak about how many bought it and didnt like it.
Do you concider than if they bought the game than they like it?

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

You guys ignore new players call for help with technical issues or assistance.... all they get is "Read the FAQ"... very unfriendly.

There you go....

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28847#28847

we still make a better job than you with your Techincal help stating only.

"COI fixes that."

"new CC5 will solve your marriage problems"

"Buy now, a game with fixes you can get for free, but are too difficult to be handled by non-PC-cracks..."

"All your PC problems will be solved if you buy the magic new Games. They even fix your Windows Vista Problems"

Troger

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
LOL...

Ganging up..
Trolling...
Driving off...
what a load of rubbish

Every time I make a post here 6 ppl jump down my neck.... LOL

Well all those things certainly happened at CSO.

schrecken wrote:

Haven't looked in there, but I must say CCS has some outstanding FAQs. CSO's tech forum wasn't filled with the most helpful either.

schrecken wrote:
Any posts referring to the new releases get SPAMMED by you bunch of hard done by gamers hiding here at CCS.

Clearly many don't want a re-release.

schrecken wrote:
And Now I've been "warned " for being constantly attacked and abused in these forums...........

I don't think you have anything to worry about Schreck.  Answer to them to the best of your knowledge or ignore them.

Let's face it, CSO died for a variety of reasons, one being that people like me left and stopped posting due to the forum that it became. A one vs all battlezone and that was partly due to the unsatisfactory release of CoI. Not to mention all those blowhard 'vets', who abandoned the game, and thought they were above others.

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Schrecken

Quote:
No one is stopping you from playing CC5 to your hearts content, you all seem to indicate that you are being wrestled into buying new releases of CC against your will.

Of course that's not the case.

Thanx, but your missing a very important thing. IM A CONSUMER and I HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS that I have issues with you product. Its not just to grab my money and then say SILENT little ant.
That’s a really important POINT that you NEED TO LEARN, I have that RIGHT to speak, but not if you have a say, as you had at CSO, and now at CCS..

Freedom of speech, yeh, just as long one like yer product, ohh how little freedom of speak it would be then, just as in CSO forum run by you and yer friends.

Professional are we?

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Support at CCS

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=256

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=254

is this the sign of an open community?

Polemarchos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well look,

an open community works with commitment, contact mooxe, make an offer, write tutorials, make suggestions, do something freestyle, use your imagination, dont wait for others to start...

its called initiative...

you would have made 10 tutorials for COI or CCMT in the time CSO went offline...

I am not opposing any game... I am just an opponent of intended antagonism.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CCS tends to be more of a CC5 site and nobody needs to apologize for that.

COI may get more support as more people post on it and or requests things for it. But Matrix/Simtek released it not that long ago and those companies charged a lot for what was done to make, I think they can support it for a while. The mods for COI, for the most part, were not made by the community for COI. All the mods also might have done more harm than good as there were too many options for people so many may not have tried h2h or when they did they wanted someone to play the some mod. Thus the CC3/COI community is very split between the games and all the mods.

As for hostility around COI; the community thought that with the code becoming available and CC community members being involved that we might get some of the things we have been hoping for since the last CC release back in 2000. But that didn't happen with COI.

CCMT did get some abuse too but not as much because it does offer some things that people where asking for (though those with CCM didn’t get much more out of it)….

In the end everyone who has an interest in CC should be welcome here and let’s hope we get a great version of CC down the road.

Last edited by Tejszd on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its called initiative...

Close Combat

Map flip tutorial

Site with guides utiliities etc

CoI mods and extra goodies

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
schrecken wrote:

There you go....

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28847#28847

we still make a better job than you with your Techincal help stating only.

"COI fixes that."

"new CC5 will solve your marriage problems"

"Buy now, a game with fixes you can get for free, but are too difficult to be handled by non-PC-cracks..."

"All your PC problems will be solved if you buy the magic new Games. They even fix your Windows Vista Problems"

Very Happy Well, Shreckie's brilliant suggestion really helped a lot on this thread:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4634

Rolling Eyes Very Happy

LiveFree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we please stop this guys.

I'm new to CC and to this community. I don't know what happened in the past, and I don't want to know.

Whats in the past is over and done with. I'm here because I found a game that I enjoy and i'd like to be able to discuss it with other people that enjoy the game.

It speaks bad of the community to have constant bickering over something thats irrelevant and detrimental to the game. Especially to new players. No one wants to be a part of community of players that fight and argue. All the energy you guys spend accusing, defending, or slandering could better be spent welcoming and encouraging the new players.

So I don't care who said what or who did this....the important thing for me is to maintain the growth of this community, assisting others when they need help, meeting other CC players, and enjoying this great game.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:40 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

to troger.

why do you always ignor the facts.CoI improved beyong any mod ever made coding in cc3 engine.it was no mod,yes it incorperated the best mod of all, RR0822,and it added maps that mods did,and it added a new GC that mods did,and new graphics, sounds and weapons/units/vehicles, BUT it fixed pathing(u flately deny,and even say its worse,its Garbage,did u play cc3 for 5 years?), it added a new mod swap,that didnt CORRUPT ur copy of CC if it failed!,it added a new dedicated game room(bhq) added new links for help forums, support,added links for mmcc3,it added features no mod maker could ever do, learn the facts then make argument, u r wrong.
I was not paid to beat up CoI, i thought and still do it was a great improvement on cc3,i was shattered that its player base dived in months.But its a old game,even with improvements.this fact i accept.

I tested CoI for neally 6 months from its concept stage,i know almost every change,and u insult these workers by saying its a mod! ask dima or PJ if they could change code of the engine like coi did,im sure they would Love to!misinformed and ignorant u r.

CC5 rebuild that i see every day, is no mod,and the additions are major,but im not allowed to say what.

u constantly say im a blowhard, just becaused i loved CoI, so because i Loved SOC im a blowhard? because i loved TRSM im a blowhard? i posted more for both these mods then CoI! oh how selective u r to critisise the ones u hate!

I also get a feeling u seek revenge from me, i'd be curious to know ur other sign in names or others we may know u as,u have the biggest chip on the shoulder i have EVER seen in CC for 12 years! even old brian at ryans fades in your hatred!
saying ur the only real aussie,just because u think ur independant? i know who is blowing mate, it aint me!

we will see if rebuild comes out,how good it is,if its a stinker so what, i liked it, like i like Coi, SOC,TRSM and many others...with me if i llike it, i tell people at ryans,ccs,if i dont, i dont talk about it, not rant like some 17 year old psycho with a anti cso badge on my forhead!

I almost never posted at cso,i registered in 2001,but had like 30 posts,so i dont get my association, 'future'(ex anzac 2ic) asked me to test, i test, END OF STORY.

espree de corp

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: