Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1258
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:23 pm Post subject: Hows your weather? Reply with quote

Snowed here heavily. Thats me shovelling.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

God4Saken

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day from downunder Mooxe. sorry to rub it in, but it will be 37 degrees celcius here today (Which is f***ing hot) where I am. I'm relaxing in the air-conditioned house at the moment and I'm then taking the kids down to the beach late this afternoon. By the way, what's that white stuff you're shovelling? Did a truck carrying powdered milk crash near your house?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from the beach (Sandringham), we always go early (2 young kids). It's already 35 and climbing and blowing a northerly (HOT) wind so the beach was a sandstorm. Now I'm in the shade in the backyard with an ice cofee, about 2 hours 'till beer o'clock Crying or Very sad

Good luck at the sandstorm today - Razz

ps Mooxe - carefull with your back, the chiropractors make a killing after a snowstorm!

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sad truth of living in canada mate.

What would H Jones do?

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:41 am Post subject: crikies Reply with quote

that white stuff must suck! near the boarder are we? the northern mexicans importing/exporting drop off for cocain? and ur shovelling up ur kahiber, good for u!

yeah nice day here, 30c beautiful weekend,went to sydney,watched the ship in dock, all the ladies getting drunk for a weeding in the midday sun with little dresses, ahh it glorious to be down under sometimes...

espree de corp

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Working stripped to the waist here... High 20's in Sydney.

Time for an Ice Cold beer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Pandemic

Rep: 10.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, funny to see everyone from Australia banding together to rub the warm weather in our faces. Don't worry mooxe, Spring is just around the corner, it's already warming up here in Philly! Starting to get into the low 50's (F)

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 am Post subject: ! Reply with quote

that white stuff, its cold yeah?

IF ITS COLD WHY AINT THERE BEER IN IT?

when i was ok OK 97" it was a balmy -14c,and i tested following scientific results for australian government:
following are Bottles:

millere Geniune Draft(bottle shop, close to 4.5%) took 20 minutes to just ice up.

Budweiser(bottle shop 5%) took 25 minutes to ice at top.

Corona i forgot and went to GIRLS collage basketball...mmm, then went back, saw me coronas on the stump...thought for sure they where iced up,poped lid, well the anti freeze the mexicans use works! NO SIGN OF FREEZING!

Cans:

Coors light 15 minutes(20 exploded)

some whoofter'claytons beer' no alkihol!(honestly, why make it?) 10 minutes, DID NOT DRINK! even at mardi grah they get onto hard drugs, fortified,liquires,KSC etc...so shrecky keeps tellin us all week at s3t...give it a rest shrecky, its over ok...

WATER:DID NOT TEST(see whoofter beer)

espree de corp

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

weather plays crazy in Europe...

It snowed on Crete (first time in 60 years) and in Germany we had no snow all winter (except for one day)... right now its 18+ Celsius in Bavaria, actually way above average...

Global warming as depicted in Futurama:
(cut but still cool propaganda documentary Wink )

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=NS6UHfzhm5c

To brave men few words are as good as many

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Crete in 1992 and there was snow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

righto, can I believe anything you say?

http://www.cretetravel.com/Photo_Galleries/winter_snow/index.htm

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/viewsingleimage.html?mode=singleimage&handle=crete&number=5&album_id=3&thumbstart=0&gallery=

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, We had a crazy winter in Sweden this year to.

In December we got maybe 5 or 10 cm snow that’s all, and was more or less gone in a weak.
Normally, we have 20cm up to 50cm, and a month or more of sub -20c to -35c frezing, not this year.
Had hardly any sub zero at all, and the few days we have been overrun with high temperatures +3 up to +8 in jan and feb and mars.
We are having our gardens come alive in Feburuary, in Götaland the spring values (to be able to call spring) vas set for 17 feb. At my place flowers are up, bunches and trees start get green, I can’t remember ever experience this before. As for statistics this is out of the scale.

As for storms, there’s something really crazy, during the last 4 years we have had the 2 greatest storms in a hundred years. And we have got the “January storms” what’s that we say? Normally we have cold whether and not such storms as all in jan.
The power in the wind is so grate, that the building codes we have developed over hundreds of years to meat any extremes are not adequate anymore. We see house roofs blow of, house walls collapse, and barns taking of, together with my greenhouse witch has stood for like 20 years..
The largest storm fallen of trees in volume ever messures, in them 2 storms (we have stats since 1800th).

About Feb we can look at this map form the Swedish weather institute:
Red is not normal temperatures, and the figure tell us how much OVER the normal temperature the average month temperature had been. For the non “Sw readers” it say, its been the warmest Feb at many places since 1990, and in regions the warmest sins, 1860, 1880, 1756.

http://www.smhi.se/cmp/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=11051&a=33795&l=sv

What’s even more strange is that also Jan was so warm, normally if one month is warm it’s taken out by another month thats colder and it “equlizes” but not this year.
Jan was the one of warmest in a 100 years. In large most places had a bow zero for 3 continuing weeks, that not normal.

http://www.smhi.se/cmp/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=10918&a=33093&l=sv

Also December was warmer And when the Mars result is summoned, everything points to a extreme warm mars to.

We are notice that the north of Sweden that’s normally very cold, is getting warmer, much more rice there than in the South part. The rain /snow (everything fall from sky H2O in a way or other) has been really strange to, we have flooding (good for power supply/ bad for house owners with sellers as swing pools) as this winter we had 100% (normal) up to 250% of average.
Seen over years now we have floods where never had foods normally and we have droughts, not that common here, rather “rare” in the summer.

EXTREME

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
righto, can I believe anything you say?

evidently not. well i only saw it on Greek TV, it may have been the worst since 60 years then. I have no eyewitness testimony...

i believed TV... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvvK4Y4Wkmw&feature=related

probably i shouldnt

p.s. Mount Ida has snow every year...

To brave men few words are as good as many

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn ANZAC_Tack, you drink some piss ass beer!. Confused

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good old Blity 80mph winds hissing down with rain and 5 degrees Sad
SNOW!!!!! not seen any of that stuff for about 5 years is still cold?

DOH!

RD_Roach

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what you wanted to come home to eh Mooxe Wink We got dumped on too,almost 2 feet,havent see snow like that in March since i was a kid! We also had one of the coldest Febuarys in about 20 or so years.

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

Pzt_Pandemic

Rep: 10.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
I was in Crete in 1992 and there was snow.

I was in Crete in 1941 and it snowed Germans

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:
Yes, We had a crazy winter in Sweden this year to.

here in kansas it started with a massive ice storm, then snowed the most it ever has since about forever. Now its march and ITS STILL SNOWING!!!! I can't take it anymore! Rolling Eyes

What would H Jones do?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

heavy for mid to high 20s again (in the sensible temperature measurement), sunny and a few light clouds.

Lovin' livin' in the south Razz

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:
As for storms, there’s something really crazy, during the last 4 years we have had the 2 greatest storms in a hundred years. And we have got the “January storms” what’s that we say? Normally we have cold whether and not such storms as all in jan.
The power in the wind is so grate, that the building codes we have developed over hundreds of years to meat any extremes are not adequate anymore. We see house roofs blow of, house walls collapse, and barns taking of, together with my greenhouse witch has stood for like 20 years..
The largest storm fallen of trees in volume ever messures, in them 2 storms (we have stats since 1800th)

Are you saying that you do or you don't normally have storms in January?

Not sure whether we are having more storms or that I'm just more aware of them because of a change of house and improved weather forecasting. The temperature is definitely rising but not to the degree you describe.

Global warming won't make any difference to the darkness!.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: