Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I said:

AT_Stalky wrote:
Do the work your self. Start prioritize what the consumer think is important, either continue to waste time by interfere in the consumer debates about your product or make a shange and use that time to research weapon data so badly needed in CCMT.. That you should have done long ago… Fix it, it’s your broken product that YOU HAVE SOLD FOR MONEY.

You say:

schrecken wrote:
Quote:
Are you Serious? Get to work man!

Please send money, it greases the the gears of industry.

or like everyone else, volunteer your time and and much can be achieved.

Then maybe you should rethink what YOU are contributing WITH, so something POSITIVE can be achieved.
It seems you believe silence the critique will make CCMT better? The emperors new clothes?

As for volunteer, Im a consumer so my responsibility end when I have bought the product. PERIOD.
THOUGH I have contributed to CCMT with criticism (see this thread and In many other threads) that is in detail pointing out the MAJOR flaws of CCMT.
If you would look for example in this thread, you MAY understand how much WORK and TIME I put into analyzing and bringing the flaws of CCMT into an easy understood format that YOU should/ought to use to make CCMT better. (ever thought about that?)
The “reward” I have got from YOU when I bring things forward is nothing but bitching and name-calling and badmouthing. Is that how Matrix and S3T pay and reward the “contributors” and feedback for there products??
IF so, Thank you mr Matrix /S3T consumer realtions man, and you also CCMT "resercher", and project leader of CCMT. ...
Its a puzzle why so few whant to "help" and contribute eyy, huu...

Its time YOU and the "crew" start THINKING!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange...so both CoI and CCMT were developed without paying the people who worked on the project? Who paid for the CC licensing deal? Matrix? That's why they charge so much on games that were made for free? A bit odd to me Smile

What about D-Day and Wacht Am Rhein (?) are those freebie projects and then sold for max dollars too?

Therion

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Quote:
Are you Serious? Get to work man!

or like everyone else, volunteer your time and and much can be achieved.

schrecken wrote:

People sent the money when they bought the game.

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
CCMT was a fizzer for me,as it had NO ops or GC,i said so before release,and after. yes its a fun single game, and i enjoyed it.

Blah.
The general concept of CCMT is my favourite from all the CC series and will probably remain so unless CC6 will have a realistic dynamic campaign.
I enjoy playing it as a casual game, but I think that it lacks a lot as a good military game.
I mean things like realistic data, engine upgraded to handle modern weapons correctly, AI that actually works and a decent 200+ page manual with weapon/vehicle data, organization tables, and examples of modern conflicts (iM1A2 Abrams manual had most of these things).

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Lets see here if i can sum this up,

1) First we buy the CCMT game that is sold for “max dollars” 2) and then we complain about the weapon data and other defects in the game, 3) as we do the developer are bitching at us for point out flaws in the game, 4) now the developer start ask us to send him more money to fix the defects in the game, 5) then we the consumers are also asked to fix the game weapon data for the developer and send it to him!

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Neural_Eclipse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:
OK. Lets see here if i can sum this up,

1) First we buy the CCMT game that is sold for “max dollars” 2) and then we complain about the weapon data and other defects in the game, 3) as we do the developer are bitching at us for point out flaws in the game, 4) now the developer start ask us to send him more money to fix the defects in the game, 5) then we the consumers are also asked to fix the game weapon data for the developer and send it to him!

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Yeah this is all royally f'd up... I do not think I want to buy this game anymore if this is how the developer treats customers. The complaint about the absolutely ridiculous data is so legit that bitching about the fact that it was brought up is just wrong from a common sense perspective. There is no excuse.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrix struck a sweet deal indeed...getting games for free from Simtek/S3T...and selling them at "max dollars"...hoping the CC freaks and the CC Community will just gobble up anything CC thrown at them Smile
And since the sales emphasis is on direct download...Matrix don't even have to spend money on discs and packaging...sweet!!! Smile

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it stalky.

You are not being made to shut up.. your concerns are being noted.

No one is contradicting your posts... except when you go off the rails and start talking about things you know nothing about.

No one has asked you to stop criticising the game...please continue, some of your posts make sense when you stick to factual arguments instead of heading off into flights of fancy.

You cannot ask for any more, surely?

When questions are asked I give honest answers eg 30mm cannon cannot defeat an Abrams etc.

It's you, stalky, doing the badmouthing, read your own posts.

Neural eclipse

The game plays very well as is... there may be a few anomilies within the data but these , generally, aren't born out in game play.

If you played the game you would see that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to be out of this thread as imo it's stupid, but couldn't hold myself any longer.

Quote:
I don't get it stalky.

that's obvious u don't (check my first reply to this thread http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4904&start=0  ).

Quote:
No one is contradicting your posts... except when you go off the rails

must be real insane to start contradict obvious things.

Quote:
some of your posts make sense when you stick to factual arguments instead of heading off into flights of fancy.

for more information check my first reply to this thread http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4904&start=0

Quote:
You cannot ask for any more, surely?

Lot of Laugh Very Happy.

Quote:
When questions are asked I give honest answers eg 30mm cannon cannot defeat an Abrams etc.

how about Bushmaster MkII 30mm? Wink
i know that in CCMT it can pen T72 frontal armor at at least 1240m Smile.

Quote:
It's you, stalky, doing the badmouthing, read your own posts.

when everybody is so against yer logics, it's time to look at yerself, friend Smile.

Quote:
The game plays very well as is... there may be a few anomilies within the data but these , generally, aren't born out in game play.

u know, i agree with u, but what can we do against so many? Wink

Quote:

i did play, i saw it is crap Smile.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

Schrecken
Na, It dint start with your post about the 30mm gun, I dint even reply to that post. ............ Though the data for that 30mm cannon is way of to ofcose, but more about that later.

This thread had been about weapon data error in CCMT, as a consumer debate amongst consumers, debating your product. ( I know that as I started the thread, also se first page and Subject)

However maybe it started to go "bad" from this later post below:

schrecken wrote:
Lucky for all the happy owners your opinion doesn't carry much weight..

But your concerns have been noted with thanks.

But ofcose this is just one of many many of your "replys" to me when I say something about your products.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how about Bushmaster MkII 30mm? Wink
i know that in CCMT it can pen T72 frontal armor at at least 1240m Smile.

Why do you say that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

stalk

I was invited in

Quote:
Useless thread as seems noone from the developers gonna reply here becoz:

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

When I see a post like this I just want to laugh, then I realise your serious.

And It don’t get better when it’s from the developer of the game and there consumer relation man / researcher man /project leader man.

Thanx Mr, for your time

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
stalk

I was invited in

Quote:
Useless thread as seems noone from the developers gonna reply here becoz:

Don’t get me wrong Mr, your welcome but don’t de-rail the debate with these type of post, stay on topic and keep to facts please.

I dont whant to split this topic but I will, If it dont go back to be a consumer debate about small calibre weapon data in CCMT.

Please

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really blame Shreckie and the rest of the Simtek "workers" for releasing crap...they weren't getting paid for their work...they were working on this commercial game with max dollar price for free...so blame the system I guess Smile
Okay...let's get back on topic Very Happy

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

has it been misconstruded by my comments that nobody was ever paid in simtek? I know there was problems with future's,and another from cso who went,but im not aware of any others. to my current knowledge they got paid, i'd like to be corrected.
I'd also like to know some day what the f*&^ happened to simtek,and its people before S3T.all i know is i got this email one day...rest is history

espree de corp

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
has it been misconstruded by my comments that nobody was ever paid in simtek? I know there was problems with future's,and another from cso who went,but im not aware of any others. to my current knowledge they got paid, i'd like to be corrected.
I'd also like to know some day what the f*&^ happened to simtek,and its people before S3T.all i know is i got this email one day...rest is history

Look at this thread:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4352

That thread and a couple of others at CSO mentions about Simtek artists working on commercial projects without getting paid...ouch!

Therion

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Can't really blame Shreckie and the rest of the Simtek "workers" for releasing crap...they weren't getting paid for their work...they were working on this commercial game with max dollar price for free...so blame the system I guess Smile

It has nothing to do with lack of payment.
The CCM data was already fucked up before Simtek took over. The problem is that no one bothered to correct it. More, they added more data from space.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

It has nothing to do with lack of payment.
The CCM data was already fucked up before Simtek took over. The problem is that no one bothered to correct it. More, they added more data from space.

Umm...CCM was produced by Simtek Wink

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Umm...CCM was produced by Simtek

Close Combat: Marines (2004) - A training tool developed by Atomic Games for the Department of Defense to help train Marines.

Simtek and then S3T have developed it further from there at the request of the USMC up to what is now known as CCM6, basically Alien v Predator RTS.

Developement has mainly concentrated on adding features at USMC request. Various "broken" parts were fixed along the way..... developement continues at this time.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

But back on topic.

S3T are looking at a further patch for CCMT.

If anyone can come up with a comprehensive list of needed fixes this will speed the process.

If you have found data anomilies let me know all of them... not a single line at a time

We currently have a short list but as time permits it is being extended.

We are not going to put out a patch a week as piecemeal fixes but a largish all encompassing patch is what is envisioned....

Consider that a small graphic change to 1 vehicle could mean a 30mb download or a single map alteration could be 100mb.

Posts like Bushmaster can pen T72 at 1240 metres don't help when the data shows otherwise... every shell fired is a roll of the dice.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: