Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Destraex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:40 am Post subject: Red Storm Rising Version 1.0 is awesome Reply with quote

just downloaded it and gotta say that it is spectacular mod.
Love the new maps and the new tank and weapons sounds

Absolutely brilliant. A friend and I have started the Grand Campaign and are loving it!!!! It is really nice to be done with the hedges maps for once, fences of various types replace these for cover

Super work, one question though. Are their any really large tank battle maps that do justice to the 2-5km engage range?

Also would be nice to have the infantry assaulkt troops loaded into the apcs like in RTB

http://www.madminutegames.com/

mine_surveyor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree...RSR is fantastic!!!!!!
One question...has anyone noticed that in the forcepool, the Marder shows as being equipped with the Milan AT rocket, but in game play none come so equipped!?!??? Am I missing something???

Again, Great Job!!! Haven't been able to stop playing!!!

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, this mod is fanstastic! Just started an Op today with a buddy, and we are loving it.

The only problem we've been having is the game has been crashing a lot. Anyone else have this problem?

mine_surveyor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:50 pm Post subject: Red Storm Rising Reply with quote

Hey Pzt_Mac

I had the crashing problem also...seems to be caused by pathing too many squads. I started just straight-lining the squads, without multiple points and haven't had a crash since. Takes a lot of micro managing. A bit annoying, but not as much as a crash. Hope this helps.

Antifa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mine_surveyor wrote:
One question...has anyone noticed that in the forcepool, the Marder shows as being equipped with the Milan AT rocket, but in game play none come so equipped!?!??? Am I missing something???

Yes -- it's a twofold problem that's easily fixed if you have QClone.

The main problem is that the Marder needs an extra crew member. There are only 3 and it needs 4. 1 for each weapon (there are already two MGs) and 1 to drive but there also is a problem with the ammo.

In the Vehicles text, the Marder mistakenly gets 12 AP ammo for it's 3rd turret gun (the Milan) instead of 12 Heat ammo. -- so you have to change that. Also in the Vehicles text you need change the crew designation for the Marder from 3 to 4.

In the teams text you need to add an extra guy to the crew (and his rank) and you also need to change the the crew size from 3 to 4.

Once you do that, you'll be good to go and your Marder with fire the Milan. (The Marder can take a hit or two as well, so it's a reliable AT vehicle) I don't want to post my text, however, unless the Mod makers ask me to because it gets confusing when you have number of text versions floating around.

I love the mod too and I've been making some changes to add larger inf teams and less vehicles for my own personal amusement. I have to say that the attention to graphic detail in terms of the maps, weapons, and vehicles, is extraordinary -- amazing. It's a great Mod.

mine_surveyor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:23 pm Post subject: Red Storm Rising Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.....only one problem....QClone???????
I have neither the time nor the brains to mess with mod files, and would probably end up in worse shape anyway. Any way around your suggestion??

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx mine_surveryor

It seemed to happen when there was a lot going on on the map (i.e. many firefights, moving vehicles, airstrikes, etc.)

yea, Q clone frightens me, maybe there is a patch in the works?

Regardless, kick ass mod!

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

RSR 1.0 fried my CC completely. I reinstalled cc 5 times and still a no-go (Aqueville does not exist error every time I install RST). I restored my comp to an earlier time to get rid of RSR and get my CC goin again and now I only get a "CC String Error".
Now I can't play CC at all. KICK FUCKING ASS> GREAT SHIT MAN!!!
What the fuck!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Craps
Shoulda left well-enough alone with my beloved GJS and SAS mods.

WoooooHooooooo! Evil or Very Mad

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Working fine here wruff... install and uninstall... really a pain in the ass when a plugin does this..... my advise is to try it with a barebones full install of cc5 5.01a with no other mods(and maps) present in your cfgv13 folder of your cc5 folder...

Good luck!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Destraex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

or do what i did, i hate plugins

make a copy of your cc5 install
renam the plugin to zip, unzip into correct directories.
organising by name helps and searching

http://www.madminutegames.com/

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas. Sry for my little tyraid. Rough day yesterday.
Gonna give it another shot when I get home today.
This mod looks kick ass and I am psyched to have it running.

Antifa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I don't know what the reinstall won't work. But if it can't find the maps it sounds like a problem far removed from RSR. Do yu have jpgs in your map folder?

In other RSR news -- (I know if you don't have QClone it doesn't help - but actually QClone is an incrediblly user-friendly CC tool -- it opens up the .txt files in a spreadsheet format with all of the columns labelled, so you can see what the hell you're changing.)

Any way I fixed the bug that caused the crew men of all vehicles to have pistols with no ammo. (The weapons in the soldier text were placed in the primary weapons column, the personal AP of the crew has to be in the secondary weapons column -- so easy fix)

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No good.

Here's what I get now with the usual full CC5 reinstall. The patch is installed too.

And now when I try to uninstall CC to do yet another reinstall.

God help me.

Antifa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

o.k. -- you need to get ugly with it.

but before you do a manual delete, take all those files that you still want (all user made maps, any scenarios or campaigns or saved games that you want to keep and put them somewhere else. Now just throw everything else in the trash bin and manually delete anything in the start up or prog files list. -- once you've done that it should reinstall and work. Then you have to remember to repatch the stock CC to 5.01 before you start modding again. If this doesn't work --- ask at www.ryanross.net/cc/ -- in fact you might want to ask there first. Those guys know everything (The programmers and testers for matrix (Madbunny, Mick Xe, Future etc.) still pop up on that list now and again.)

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deleted the SSI file straight outta my program files on C drive.
Then reinstalled CC5 straight from the F-drive in the CC disc install wizard.

All is again in good order in my world of CC.

That RSR plugin named RSR 1.0 plugin is causing the trouble I thing because there's a space in the file name. Should be RSR1.0 without the space in the name.
Gonna try renaming the plugin with no spaces in the plugin file name. Maybe that will fix the config install probs with this mod.

It says it couldn't install in config due to the space in the file name, but it actually did (though didn't show it was installed). I played a few games, but then there's no way to uninstall the mod, so had to uninstall CC again to get the RSR out and reinstall my GJS/SAS again.
I think it's a simple error in the name of the RSR plugin file name containing the space that gave trouble. There's no spaces allowed in plugin file names.
I hope that renaming this RSR plugin to exclude the space will fix it. It's a cool mod. Unfortunate flaw in that file name causing troubles.

Major_Wenching

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:49 pm Post subject: Crashing issues, and Marder perhaps? Reply with quote

Hello all,
I love this mod, and have gotten into the GC but I was ticked that my Marders couldn't use their AT missiles. I tried my hand at Qcloning the Marder's info as suggested in Antifa's post on page 1. However, on some maps the game crashes and boots me right back to the desktop. So far, the only thing I can see is that it happens on maps in which I use the Marder. Given that it is my first time editing anything (other than research papers), could it be that I messed up with the Marder's info and it's crashing because of this?

"You know your life is over when you own a lawnmower." - Todd Skinner

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: