Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:28 am Post subject: Mini Mod Idea: The Battle of Isurava, Kokoda Reply with quote

I've just watched the movie Kokoda (yeah, I know it's a bit late in the day)...loved it!

After doing some reading on the The Battle of Isurava (26 August to 29 August 1942)...I thought that this would make an excellent mini-mod (something a little bigger than a pocket mod). A bunch of maps (we could use Okinawa maps for the beta...with modifications to allow for more jungles and vegetation).
The battle lasted 3 days...so this will make an excellent small Ops for CC5.
The battles should be fierce and bloody!

Anyone interested?
I've done some research on Japanese data for BoS45 (we could also rework the Okinawa and KG Japanese data), for the Aussies, we can start with Aussie teams from El Alamein and Afrika40-41 (might need some reworking for the Asian Theater).

Was an Aussie Voices file ever made available for CC? We'll need that too.
Are there Aussie voices in the game Combat Mission?

I've got my hands full with BoS45...but if enough people are interested and maybe someone can do proper research on the battle, OOB & TOE etc...maybe this could make for an interesting 'side project'. Wink
Or maybe form a team to mod this? I'm sure many of you Aussie CC maniacs can help out.

So what do you think, people?

http://www.users.bigpond.com/battleforAustralia/battaust/KokodaCampaign/Isurava/IsuravaIndex.html

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome scenario! i love "last stand" battles. they weep of honor, bravery and glory.

To brave men few words are as good as many

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
awesome scenario! i love "last stand" battles. they weep of honor, bravery and glory.

Just hope that they will not end as SOC

PJ

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey comrade!
I also have their hands tied with another "pocket mod" but if I can be helpful can always count on me to help
a greetings

cheers

heia Safari!!

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

no pzjager, no aussie would be found in russia, to damned cold!

great idea for a mod! a PURE infantry mod only, no tanks, no artillery,no heavy machine guns...just personal weapons and some crewed weapons(light and medium morters, light and medium machine guns, smg's hand grenades...AND LOTS OF BAYONET WORK!!!!!!

I think some players will enjoy a pure infantry type mod, but the hills and mud,heavy foliage,sheer cliffs will add to the challenge!

espree de corp

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
no pzjager, no aussie would be found in russia, to damned cold!

great idea for a mod! a PURE infantry mod only, no tanks, no artillery,no heavy machine guns...just personal weapons and some crewed weapons(light and medium morters, light and medium machine guns, smg's hand grenades...AND LOTS OF BAYONET WORK!!!!!!

I think some players will enjoy a pure infantry type mod, but the hills and mud,heavy foliage,sheer cliffs will add to the challenge!

So, a WWI mod!

PJ

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with a 'WWI style' mod? Wink
What I had in mind was a mini-mod...so not a full blown Kokoda Track Campaign mod.
A pure infantry mod that lasts 24 days will be boring as hell...but 3-4 days ops...should be refreshing Smile

diggin.robat

Rep: 39.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I hope nothing is wrong with a WWI mod Very Happy . (Btw: what about Andima´s Gallipoli Mod?)

Now, this idea is sound. Didn´t know much about the New Guinea Campaigns, so surfed a litte and found an interesting page featuring animations of diverse Pacific War campaings including that one:

http://www.historyanimated.com/NewGuinea.html

Enjoy

diggin

GW modding team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started work on this mini-mod idea over the weekend.
I've already got a playable but still very rough version done...but I should have a beta version available very soon.
Currently using Karelia2 maps to represent New Guinea (I hope Sapa and Southern Land don't mind Smile ).
I'll post some screenies in a few days.

BTW, I still need Aussie voices (currently using Brits voices)...anyone interested in recording a set?

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried this years ago, but im a bit blue...ur...*^$#@^ sort of stuff, and don't sound terriable 'old school' them boys had a real twang u realy hear today, bit more pommy soundin or country style, give me a list of cue's ur afta,i got a mic and basic recording stuff...see how i go...

anzac_tack [at] hotmail [dot] com

espree de corp

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
i tried this years ago, but im a bit blue...ur...*^$#@^ sort of stuff, and don't sound terriable 'old school' them boys had a real twang u realy hear today, bit more pommy soundin or country style, give me a list of cue's ur afta,i got a mic and basic recording stuff...see how i go...

anzac_tack [at] hotmail [dot] com

Awesome, Tack!
I will e-mail you the "script" ASAP Smile
Thanks again!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tack

Can you flick a set this way?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to donate your set of Aussie Voices too, Shreckie? Cool!
I'll e-mail both of you the "script"...gimme about 1 hour to type up the thing...sorry for the delays...and thanks again for the help! Smile

Edit: "CC5 shouting script" sent! Pls check your e-mail, Tack.

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

shreck,
u mean vioce cue's also? crikies....the pressure is on....might do some tonight during the footy...should get some colourful language!

go the blues!

espree de corp

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent some more hours on this 'side project' mini-mod...early screenshots of Kokoda: Isurava from a test battle:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3738&fullsize=1
Japanese troops of the Nankai Shitai charge Aussie positions manned by a platoon from A Coy 39th ACMF (Militia) Battalion.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3739&fullsize=1
The Australian militias are quickly overrun and the only survivors - a militia scouts team - are running for their lives.

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i started the voice cue's OMG it so hard!

i got a good set of speakers ,god microphone from my stereo used for sound equalisation testing,and for appropiiate 'background noice" from kokoda movie,and i had the flu for last 2 weeks so it added some harshness like battle strain! so first 6 cue's took me 2 hours to make like 30 seconds! GADS! its gonna take all weekend!

espree de corp

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:42 am Post subject: Aussie BGs Reply with quote

Okay, spent another weekend working on Kokoda Trail: Isurava (Eaglereach is still busy with (real) work so work on BoS45 won't resume until sometime next week).
The Aussie BGs are done! I started using B/W photos for the unit artwork but changed my mind and opted to use custom color artwork. I had some leftover Brit Jungle Green soldiers graphics from BoS45 for the AIF units and created new artwork for the ACMF (Militia) units based on the Kokoda movie. I've decided on a slightly different look for the artwork...but basically in the same style as BoS45...kinda my signature series Wink

Some screenies :

Full Size:http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3751&fullsize=1

Full Size:http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3752&fullsize=1

Full Size:http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3753&fullsize=1

Full Size:http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3754&fullsize=1

The main screen has been reworked...I like this new design better than the first blurry draft I posted at the Combat Camera last week.

Full Size:http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=3755&fullsize=1

Still have to squeeze in time to streamline the sound files and custom Aussie Voices, then I will work on more historically accurate Japanese BGs (currently using basic Japanese BG templates to represent the Nankai Shitai).

Kokoda Trail: Isurava at the combat camera:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=181

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastics Screenshots my Comrade;) Wink
Good work!
A greetings

heia Safari!!

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work!
A greetings

heia Safari!!

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote:
Good work!
A greetings

Thanks for the kind words, DAK_Legion Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: