Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:20 pm Post subject: Could this Be CCMT II Reply with quote

From over at Ryans

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one Smile.

wonder, why mariner uses PASGT and not OTV?

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks sexy. What is Ryans?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A built in editor will help take away some of the black magic around modding the game data.

There is no save button on that screen thus editing would be a per battle task. Being able to save preferred soldier load outs would be something to add when going from the military to the gamer/public....

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wonder, why mariner uses PASGT and not OTV?

Use the drop down menu and see what's available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny Razz .

Tejszd wrote:
A built in editor will help take away some of the black magic around modding the game data.

There is no save button on that screen thus editing would be a per battle task. Being able to save preferred soldier load outs would be something to add when going from the military to the gamer/public....

It looks like some kind equipping/team(soldier?) configuration screen to me, rather than a modding editor.

Also, there's no black magic around modding the game data in CCMT. The real black magic is mapmaking and making graphics.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Use the drop down menu and see what's available.

could u show what is available under Body?

Therion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So, when will be that CCMT II done?
I'm looking forward to modding it.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

unless it has a GC or ops...its wasting my time

espree de corp

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
a GC or ops...

Unless it's dynamic and on realistic level (i.e. no Immortal God Emperor level of command), it's wasting my time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Where I can find this Ryans editor ?
Tks

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior Drill on CCM6.
Taken from this thread.

Quote:
Don't be so certain! I don't know anything about CC6 as I don't work for ST3 but I do know about the military sim CCM Version 6 because I work for the USMC. It stands to reason that most of the initiatives developed for CCM v6 that the USMC has right now will make it into CC6. Among those are:

Civilians (only AI controled but with several customable behaviors, such as friendly, aggitated, hostile, ect. Seen a thrown rock bean a Marine and take him down. Must have been a fast ball to the nose.)

Editable individual weapons, armor, and behavior. In the editor you can change the head, body, leg and supplemental armor of each individual in any team. You can vary each individual's weapon and basic load - add or remove weapons and armor, vary the ammo load, add night vision devices. You can change an individual's health and psych model (start the guy wounded and near breaking or pump him up). Change your side, the opfor or the civilians, you choice. But it is one at at time, so if you have full BG's, it will take you some time, but the devil is in the details for a good scenario, eh?

Emplaceable barriers, barricades, trenches, weapons bunkers, weapons pits, mines and IED's. In the Editor, you can add defensive and offensive objects to be permanent parts of the map for that scenario. You can also give the player any certain amount of them to be placed by him in the Deploy Phase on a use them or lose them basis.

Varible VL's, markers and labels. VL's can be made for one side only so that each side has different VL's. The VL's and the labels for them can be made visible or invisible to either side or both. Location labels can also be made visible to either side or both. Players can place labels during the game (markers) to ID known or suspected threats.

Isolated communications. Chat line messages can be side specific - only Blue sees Blue chat, only Red sees Red chat. Informational messages can be side specific or general.

Reinforcements. Additional teams/vehicles enter the map edges at pre-defined points at pre-defined times or conditions. Currently a BG worth of units over and above the BG limits and only commandable by the respective side Commander. Not much good to Player 6 down in the corner who is getting beaten up trying to force a passage through the rocky draw with no cover, but help for the side. Which leads to....

Triggers. Triggers can be defined to create a varitiy of actions for units and objects. A whole lot of different things can happen with triggers, among them are causing reinforcements to enter, creating a "radio message", enabling arty or air strikes, causing arty or air strikes, making labels appear, exploding IED's, detecting IED's, causing an AI response (civilians become hostile, or hostile civilians become passive, or just decide to be somewhere else than there, in solo play the AI attacks or withdraws from a position, ect.). A whole lot more to triggers, but that gives you some idea of the wealth of possibilities.

Concealed Enemy. The Opfor may appear to be just plain neutral civilians up until they decide to pull out the guns and attack. You can't just shoot everyone that you see and win. You lose if you shoot unarmed civilians.

Scenerio Editing Pre-Deploy with Orders. The final stage of scenario editing can be to set EVERY unit in a position and state. For a solo scenario, you can position all the AI units and give them orders, set waypoints, ect. The AI will execute those orders for the Opfor (Blue or Red) as well as the Civilians at game start.

Fairly realistic Call for Fires (CFF) and Close Air Support (CAS), both Fixed Wing (FW CAS) and Rotary Wing (RW CAS). This part probably will be changed quite a bit for any commercial product. For the military, a controller plays as a non-participating server. On his 5 km by 5 km reference map, he can have mortar and artillery sections (those "off board" sources for game arty fires) as well as RW CAS and FW CAS holding or orbiting known points X km away from the game battle area. Those assets have to be part of the scenrio build, by the way. The server player cannot create them out of thin air.

In the game, a player has to use dialog windows, some with drop down menus to send a request for artillery support or close air support to the Fires Server player by filling in a form with correct positional and information data. The server player can approve the mission, deny it, or modify it with some other asset. In a full military sim, there can be several teams of players running concurrent battles on different maps within his 25 km grid, so he has to allocate some to this map, some to that map, none to that one, and so on. Your battle on a 1km map may not get an arty CFF on the lone BMP because the other group of players on the next map over needs Final Protective Fires (FPF) around the fire base, so you have to take a number and stand in line and hope they still have rounds left over for your mission later. And do have the correct cooridnates when you do get a fire mission. It will fall somewhere about where you give the grid coordiantes for because the rounds or the aircraft will target the location you gave them, be that your position, or somewhere on the next map over.

Not the sort of set up that would work for a commercial game unless it was a massive clan battle, but the workings are there for far more realistic times of delivery as well as possibly requiring the requesting player to do something or use something other than that ubiquidous smoke round.

Also, the FW and RW CAS attack anything they percieve as a target in the vicinity of the coordiantes, so just backing up your tank or moving a team just a few meters does you no good. If you are within 100 meters or so of where the attack was requested, the aircraft see you and will attack the vehicles or troops in the open regardless of what the actual cooridantes given were. And make you dead or at least wishing your were somewhere else.

That's most, but by no means all of what exists today in a CC military sim. Some, all and more will every likely be in CC6, so keep your hands on your mouse and not on your joystick. There are good things coming for CC.

I'd like to play it - I would even make an exception from my policy of not buying games that cost more than 50PLN. I think that triggers could improve the single player gameplay a lot.

Any chances for CCMT 2 getting made?

meade95

Rep: 0.9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The above (picture) looks absolutely great - Is this game really coming out? If so, when? Is there any ETA whatsoever?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

S3T's plan is to keep supporting all its games. If CCMT2 was being made, hopefully they just fix the multiplayer aspect of it. Separate colours, separate chat.......

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

Jump to: