Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Squadleader_id

Have you tried enabling "vsync" in your video card, software settings?. It will decrease the "visual tearing" you see, when scrolling.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Digs wrote:
Squadleader_id

Have you tried enabling "vsync" in your video card, software settings?. It will decrease the "visual tearing" you see, when scrolling.

Yup...
The tearing is from a forced/hasty patch to the old code...slowing down the fast scrolling but introducing ugly screen tearing.
I can play modern games fine...CoI is just an old game slightly 'retouched'...it's truly compatible with new systems. A launcher system like the CC Starter Utility that disables some direct X components would have worked much better...combine that with a CPU and GPU slow-down util...that could work.

Sweeper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As a returning player to the series, I'm rather curious as to what the new games have to offer as well. I used to have ABTF and RF back in the day, but I never really got into them. Now I discovered that Matrix is keeping the series alive and well and added some more games to boot. I found an old copy of ABTF and loaded it up to re-acquaint myself with the series. Modern Combat is holding my interest the most, but I'm still looking at the WWII Games as well. I haven't bought any of the new games yet.

Other than what's already mentioned, what has changed?

Question Authority! (It keeps out leaders honest)
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There is really not that much new. Cross of Iron has an updated version of MMCC3 (see front page of this site for info), I also think theres some new maps, some bug fixes to make it run easier with Windows XP. When you play it though, you will not see much different between it and regular CC3. Same graphics, same interface. Its just a re-release. I do play MMCC3 on occasion, its good for instant combat on an online campaign vs the AI.

Modern Tactics is ok. Theres no campaign or operations, just single battles. Same graphics as well, modern vehicles and weapons. The super high lethality of the weapons has been debated. It has and enormous maps and a new interface, similair to that of the Marines version that was released to the USMC in 2004. Modern Tactics does support 8 players at once, 4vs4. The MAJOR drawback on this is on the minimap or the zoomed out bigger map views you cannot tell who your allies are. All Allies come up as the same colour, same with Axis. If your men get mixed up with your allies its very very hard to tell whos who. The multiplayer aspect lacks all of the modern day multiplayer functionalities, I describe it as multiplayer just hacked into CC without anything further done.

Road to Baghdad you wont even find forsale anymore as it was pulled from the shelves. Its just a single mission game on a few maps with modern units. CC5 mods have tons more to offer. Its a novelty, not worth playing.

If you want to play online join us in the CC5 Gamespy room. CC5 has had the most online players for years now, most active part of the community also. CC2 is still played by a hardened group of CC'ers over at www.tournamenthouse.com. The re-releases do not have a multiplayer following at all, be prepared to fight the AI only.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Grafrajohn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is worth it if you love playing this game. A lot of modern WWII games i.e.games such as Blitzkrieg are awful whereas this one is realistic. In COI the characteristics of the units seem to have been tweaked to make them more realistic, enemy tanks no longer behave quite so stupidly as sitting ducks, there is a new campaign, infantry can better protect themselves against tanks, the games now runs fine on a modern machine. On the whole great stuff.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: