Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Aywan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:26 am Post subject: VetBoB is really great but.. Reply with quote

I recently started playing CC again after a few years of absence from the front and picked CC4 mainly because I was reading alot about BoB lately.
Anyway being a CC veteran all the way back to CC2 I started looking for mods that would improve the game play an in particular the stupid AI behaviour. I found VetBoB and I'ts really great but its ubermensh infantry is too much, i mean they destroy tanks from amazing distances, two 30cal mg´s spend allmost all their ammo trying to take out a squad of stormtroopers lying in a middle of a road, in the contrast to that the US veterans with great morale and hiding in a building are taken out in a matter of minutes, the only thing that seems to stop them are artillery and mortars.
So I was wondering if theres some way to at least reduce their numbers in some way? Or is there some VetBoB light version out there?

Also Im glad that the best strategy game ever is still alive and there are still dedicated people and modders around.
Cheers to all of you!
:drink2

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: VetBoB is really great but.. Reply with quote

Aywan wrote:
I recently started playing CC again after a few years of absence from the front and picked CC4 mainly because I was reading alot about BoB lately.
Anyway being a CC veteran all the way back to CC2 I started looking for mods that would improve the game play an in particular the stupid AI behaviour. I found VetBoB and I'ts really great but its ubermensh infantry is too much, i mean they destroy tanks from amazing distances, two 30cal mg´s spend allmost all their ammo trying to take out a squad of stormtroopers lying in a middle of a road, in the contrast to that the US veterans with great morale and hiding in a building are taken out in a matter of minutes, the only thing that seems to stop them are artillery and mortars.
So I was wondering if theres some way to at least reduce their numbers in some way? Or is there some VetBoB light version out there?

Also Im glad that the best strategy game ever is still alive and there are still dedicated people and modders around.
Cheers to all of you!
:drink2

Hi,

Your message is very interesting, as I could have written iy myself!!

For themoment, I would reecommend you to play SOC as Germans, waiting for SDKDK which might be available Q3.

Cheers and welcome!
PJ

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that TT;s VetBob changes alot of the gameplay, like nobody did before! even before Mr Panzerjäger started to do his fantastic mods Rolling Eyes

I wish i could have the same confidence as him to tolk well about my own CC work.... :zzz

Mats

Aywan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: VetBoB is really great but.. Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi,

For themoment, I would reecommend you to play SOC as Germans, waiting for SDKDK which might be available Q3.

Cheers and welcome!
PJ

Thanx but what is SOC,SDKDK and Q3? As I mentioned abowe I have been away from the CC community for a few years now so I dont know much about latest mods and so on.
Confused

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: VetBoB is really great but.. Reply with quote

Aywan wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Cheers and welcome!
PJ

Thanx but what is SOC,SDKDK and Q3? As I mentioned abowe I have been away from the CC community for a few years now so I dont know much about latest mods and so on.
Confused

Hi,

SOC is Stalingrad: Operation Circle. Stalingrad battle beginning january 10th, 1943. A mod to be played as the Germans if you have something between your legs.
SDKDK is still unreleased. THis Stalingrad mod is based on the deadly fights in the Don Ring between november 19th and early December 1942, in the area between Don and Tschir. An incrediblly difficult mod I am still testing.
Q3 isQuarter 3. September and....afterwards

Cheers
PJ

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The pzjager stalingrad mods....

SDK download: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=233

SOC download: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=250

SDK forum for info and questions hosted by pzjager: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=37

SOC forum for info and questions hosted by pzjager: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=61

Aywan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx, I m off to Stalingrad then!

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aywan wrote:
Thanx, I m off to Stalingrad then!

Mmmm.....

How can you be off Stalingrad?? An incredible battle, the WW2 Verdun

Stalingrad will remain anyway much more historic than BOB or Normandy or any other military meaningless events.

Cheers
Pj

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I m off to Stalingrad then!

PJ... that means he is going to Battle in Stalingrad... you sold your story to him.

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Quote:
I m off to Stalingrad then!

PJ... that means he is going to Battle in Stalingrad... you sold your story to him.

Smile

Just hope so!

RD_Roach

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

VetBob for CC4 is the best version you could possible play with CC4...as youve mentioned ,it seems like some of the german sqauds are unbeatable...but if you were to play a whole GC youll find that the german units become smaller and weaker and the US becomes stronger with more tanks and air support..this mod may seem extreme or unbalanced at points during a GC...but IMO end result this mod plays out historicly well...and when first released..it was the best mod out there..with a decent AI..H2H is a blast and hard for both sides!! The AI playability was (and still is as some are concerned) the best and has only recently been matched(or better then) by PJ,s Stalingrad mods....but that could vary in opinion if your asking a CC4 fan or a CC5 fan..or western front/eastern front fans...both are fun to play,which is better depends on what the person playing preferes.

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree RD VETmod is the best CC4mod come think the best of all mods in the CC series not taking anything away from PJ Stalingrad mods they are from the top draw but TT vet mods are top shelf pure hardcore once you tried it you dont go back
Sorry PJ great mods, maps, graphics,and AI etc they are going to be very hard to better but for me TTs Vetmods still no 1

DOH!

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertmouse wrote:
I agree RD VETmod is the best CC4mod come think the best of all mods in the CC series not taking anything away from PJ Stalingrad mods they are from the top draw but TT vet mods are top shelf pure hardcore once you tried it you dont go back
Sorry PJ great mods, maps, graphics,and AI etc they are going to be very hard to better but for me TTs Vetmods still no 1

Hi,

I am not sorry! I just choosed to mod battles where Axis is really weak... They are something different from BoB....

Anyway, have fun with CC. The best is to come!

Cheers
PJ

IronStringbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:30 pm Post subject: crazy AT teams! Reply with quote

I could live with the Russian human wave of stormtroopers from hell, even all my tank and infantry guns exploding w/ in the first 30 seconds of every battle no matter where I put them, but the effectiveness of the german infantry's anti-tank drove me nuts. I finally had enough when I had 3 shermans laying down fire on 2 squads of stormtroopers at 197 yards, only to watch them get picked off one by one in a matter of seconds.

So I opened up TT's weapons file with qclone, and saw that the statistics for panzershreks and fausts 100 were ubercrazy! Their accuracy was maxed (on a bell curve), their armor penetration better than an 8.8, and their fire was indirect. I don't like feeling like my tanks are more of a liability than anything, so I modified their values to be slightly better than a bazooka and faust 60 respectively.

So far I'm really pleased with the results. My armor is still getting busted if I'm too careless, and the battles are still a challenge. Now, laying down suppressive fire, popping smoke, and backing out of range or LOS is actually a viable counter to an infantry AT attack.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: VetBoB is really great but.. Reply with quote

I'm currently on one campaign but yeah the weapon stats are over the top I don't think the AI needed that much steroids as it can still kick your ass with the SAI changes, 10 men per team and your low morale troops.

I used the H2H weapon file instead, but my tanks still don't last for much, managed to form some sort of a line when the AB troops arrived and I'm currently winning a minor victory on the 20th with a VG BG attacking for the first time on Bastogne, I have a BG cutoff since 4 turns ago on the center, they don't receive reinforcements anymore and are down to like 8 teams with a few men on each one of them. It will probably be disbanded this turn but they helped contain the advance of 2nd panzer, I would recommend the whole unit for all the medals there are if I could *manly tears*.

I tried different strategies but seems to me that victory on this mod is more dependent on terrain than any other, I can hold the hordes on medium to large maps that have villages or cities, but get completely overwhelmed on small and/or open maps, bridge maps that have many buildings where you can defend it are good too. Artillery and F.O's are invaluable but their reload time makes me rage also their number of rounds seem off, I might try to correct me that. Still have not disbanded a single German BG, most I managed to keep them at orange FM but time ran out.

One downside of Pzschreck being indirect is that if a team member has LOS to the target the guy carrying the Pzschreck can fire behind an obstacle which is goddamn frustrating to say the least.

This mod really gets to your ego and shatters it, I don't know if I will be able to roll back the germans as I saw the GETeams file and all the teams were 7-10 men strong, no half teams for the germans which leads me to believe they don't suffer the dramatic drop in quantity and quality of men as the normal H2H version.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

Jump to: